Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Not an issue.
    Those "adds" aren't bothering you in any way, they aren't popups and you don't have to punch an extra button to start your game.

Dude, people won't get confused, they're actually not that dumb. There are some dumb people, but an open, colourful advert saying encouraging words is quite obvious

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Do you feel that it's appropriate for Blizzard to spam the WoW section of the launcher with Overwatch ads (and vice versa)?
    Yes because it isn't called (WoW Launcher). Its the battle net launcher and battle net consist's of all of blizzards products.

They figured you liked one so you may like others.

So are Overwatch ads in the WoW section of the launcher perfectly acceptable business practices?
    This is a really stupid question. They are advertising there product on there launcher. No it shouldn't be removed because both belongs to them.

Finally its not spam, please look up what that word means before using it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Half naked? I've seen more skin at the checkout aisle in Target.
    Better not go to there bathroom then....

Har Har Har
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    So are [Overwatch] ads [in the WoW section of the launcher] perfectly acceptable business practices?
    Yes, yes they are. Welcome to this little thing we call western civilization. It is driven by advertising. It is perfectly acceptable business practice.
    You have a long road ahead of you. You're going to see some crazy fucked up avertising - which is still considered perfectly acceptable.

Brace yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is acceptable.

Thread should be closed.

The launcher, which is the launcher for 6 different games, and we are wondering if it's appropriate if they should advertise the launch of their newest game in it?

Should I be unhappy that EA advertises other games than in Origin? Ubisoft has promos for their other games in Uplay?

To be fair, if the launcher stuck purely to WoW news we would have nothing but spider webs and tumble weeds for the last 10 months.

...of course it's appropriate, the BATTLE.NET launcher gathers all their games, why would it be inappropriate for them to show people those games across platforms? It's not like there's always newsworthy shit happening concerning WoW...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's like asking if it's appropriate for your heroin dealer to recommend crack to you because you have developed a tolerance to heroin.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you feel that it's appropriate for Blizzard to spam the WoW section of the launcher with Overwatch ads (and vice versa)?

Of course they are free to do what they want, but I feel that the WoW section of the launcher should be reserved exclusively for WoW news updates and promotions. The Overwatch ads can hide any potential WoW updates that Blizzard may be trying to communicate, and can also confuse players. It also makes Blizzard look desperate for sales, and detracts from the general theme of the WoW section of the launcher. If it is not allowed to be discussed on the WoW section on the forums, then it shouldn't be posted on the WoW section of the launcher.

We already get Overwatch spam on the forums and by emails. And besides, if players would like to see any news regarding Overwatch, they are always 1 click away from the Overwatch button.

So are Overwatch ads in the WoW section of the launcher perfectly acceptable business practices? Or should they be removed?
    man i whent to mcdonalds, known for their burgers, and they had adverts up for their fries what fucking money grubbing assholes
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

lmfao @ OP

seriously there's not much i can say without getting infracted, but i think your own stupidity shines through in your post.

ITT: Scraping really hard at the bottom of the barrel.

I literally look at the battle.net launcher as in the tab with games to the left, play button on the bottom, etc, for around a 3 seconds per game I play on it.

I couldn't give a shit if they had a picture of Hitler taking a dump there. I barely look at the adverts is. The one time its remotely effected me is mistakingly opening HoTS when I wanted to open Overwatch because a Overwatch ad was in the HoTS section, as well as Tracer being the new hero making her the background of that launcher section for a while.

Other than that, I cannot imagine what posses you to make this thread. You have to go out of your way to purposefully upset yourself over this.

The day they forget to announce the launch of Legion (or the prepatch) in the launcher and have an Overwatch ad instead, is the day it's inappropriate. Until then, when there is no news, it's fine to promote their other games.

Overwatch is their first new franchise in DECADES. It is expected a massive advertising campaing, it is basically a game without established fanbase.

And I remember to had hearthstone ads in the wow launcher back in the day. Did you complain for that?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What wow news and updates?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    What wow news and updates?
    Because there are not going to be updates until Legion pre-launch event. which is in August I believe. They are not going to put info of the Beta in the news section since some of the Beta content may be changed or fully removed

7+ Year Old Account

Of course they are free to do what they want, but I feel that the WoW section of the launcher should be reserved exclusively for WoW news updates and promotions. The Overwatch ads can hide any potential WoW updates that Blizzard may be trying to communicate, and can also confuse players. It also makes Blizzard look desperate for sales, and detracts from the general theme of the WoW section of the launcher. If it is not allowed to be discussed on the WoW section on the forums, then it shouldn't be posted on the WoW section of the launcher.

We already get Overwatch spam on the forums and by emails. And besides, if players would like to see any news regarding Overwatch, they are always 1 click away from the Overwatch button.

So are Overwatch ads in the WoW section of the launcher perfectly acceptable business practices? Or should they be removed?
    As much as I hate It myself, It's their launcher I guess, right. I'd rather they not, but hey our dear overlords say we get ads, we get ads.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?