Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm not. But I personally prefer updated versions anyway.

Bring on the updated Atiesh artifact skin for arcane mages, the updated Anathema artifact skin for shadow priests, the updated Benediction artifact skin for Disc priests, the Frostmourne artifact skin for Frost DKs, a Gorehowl (WoD) artifact skin for arms DKs, and Shalla'tor/Ellemayne artifact skin for Fury warriors (poor guys could use some better weapons)

(So long as, like with the Rhok'delar, Arcanite Reaper, Thunderfury and Corrupted Ashbringer skins, they're updated and different enough from the originals; often through updating and adding details itself)
    The issue I have is that DK won't have access to it and it is technically a DK weapon in its corrupted form lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The issue I have is that DK won't have access to it and it is technically a DK weapon in its corrupted form lol.
    I'd be more annoyed that Blizzard didn't even make a Frostmourne skin for the frost DK artifact, both to finally give players Frostmourne (artifact skins don't have to abide by lore: see Fel Doomhammer, broken Ashbringer, etc.) that they've wanted for a while, and give them something equal to Doomhammer and Ashbringer, as well as give 2H Frost DKs and option to use (and transmog over) that.

Deleted
    If you know anything about the lore the ashbringer swings both ways.
    Yeah, yeah. Ashbringers main part is a crystal which absorbs holy/shadowmagic.

The point was that Ashbringer isn't a DK weapon per se.

Why? there are classes like the DK who actually wield it that can't have it.
    because everyone needing to be a special snow flake has already killed enough the game as is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post

To be honest, the weapon has always looked weird for supposedly being a void weapon (in its corrupted form) that absorbs holy magic. Why is it Fel green?

7+ Year Old Account
    buy a account from somone who has it on their warrior/paladin and then with legion transmog you will be able to use it on your death knight (idk if you will be able to combine their account with yours, or if you will need to remake your Dk on that account)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the old ashi is gone and wont come back.
    end of story.
    as much as i love the artifacts, if everyone is special no one is.
    let this unique and awesome weapon stay awesome and unique.
    doesnt matter if its just the appearance or the actual weapon.
    Pandaria CM sets and the crap they pulled with Order Hall sets would like to have a word

Basement Wizard Extraordinaire!

10+ Year Old Account
    Except it was handed off from a DK to a Paladin and is no longer corrupt...

If the devs didn't want it rare or thought it was a mistake for the player to obtain in the first place they would have made it obtainable in Naxx 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post

Well, in its corrupted form, it has so far always been wielded by DKs.

But again, in the case of Legion where Ret Pallies are getting it as an artifact skin rather than DKs, it's because the artifact skins aren't grounded in lore, but are just 'rule of cool' models, or cool nods to stuff that happened before. The Corrupted Ashbringer model for the artifact is both of that, that's why Paladins get it.

The old model is gone. Well, it's not, but it isn't acquirable and it won't be again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Hopefully not. I don't have it, I CERTAINLY do want it, but Blizz themselves fully admit that it was a mistake to give it to players which I can respect.
    I do realize that was their previous position, but it doesn't really apply anymore, now that we're getting the actual Ashbringer as an artifact for paladins, no? :P

(Not saying I want the Corrupted Ashbringer to be available again, just saw this argument and found it a bit puzzling.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromaniac View Post
    Pandaria CM sets and the crap they pulled with Order Hall sets would like to have a word
    the shoulders are different!

Formerly known as Arafal

Except I would have had no way to get it in the first place, I played in Vanilla all the way through and didn't even knew Naxx existed until Wrath.
    Are you serious? That's you're own fault. Corrupted ashbringer is so damn rare the people that have it should be proud, no reason to make it a transmog option because almost everyone will be mogging that shit.

Didn't get it? Too bad. Same with MoP challenge modes. Didn't do em? Too bad.

If you want the corrupted ashbringer so badly as others have said play a paladin and get the hidden artifact skin. If you don't want it that badly then this thread should hardly even exist. If you want the original model maybe you should've figured out that naxx existed and raided. Things that rare need to remain rare so the people that have them (not me but I wish) can actually take pride in it. No special snowflake syndrome since I don't even have the weapon, just think some things do need to remain special to people.

MoP CMS look pretty different from the order hall sets. Only one that looks the same is the priest one. Paladin mop set is blue with wings on the shoulders, order hall set is gold without wings. Big difference imo. Same goes for ashbringer, the corrupted version we get in Legion is completely different looking from the original which is why it's okay.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-05-17 at 07:43 PM.

I don't have it, I want it. But I don't want it to come back, exclusivity is a good thing, you can't have it. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Lore wise though, the Ashbringer can be easily corrupted as it was un-corrupted, it mirrors the energy of who wields it, light or dark.
    Why does that matter for it to be unobtainable in-game?

- - - Updated - - -

The only way I would accept it being in the game was if you could run naxx and killing KT had a .001% chance to drop it. And you needed 1000 shards. :P

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    the shoulders are different!
    They could add Ashbringer and make it's hilt different

I see no reason for it not to return, they returned mounts like plagues proto, zulian tiger, the karazhan guitar axe from wotlk pre event and many other things.

This is just a green sword, paladins get the real uncorrupted thing as their main weapon, so who cares.

Personally I wouldnt use it on my dk anyway as I prefer frostmourne (or it's shards).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    Why does that matter for it to be unobtainable in-game?

- - - Updated - - -

The only way I would accept it being in the game was if you could run naxx and killing KT had a .001% chance to drop it. And you needed 1000 shards. :P
    Yeah something like timewalking 5man dungeon would be damn nice.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2016-05-17 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    well IMO, Ashbringer doesn't equal Corrupted Ashbringer. As they said before, Ashbringer reacts to teh energies of the wielder. Would make no sense for a Holy Paladin to have an evil weapon.
    Just as it makes no sense for an Enhancement Shaman to have a Fel Doomhammer, though. :P

Not sure what part of my post you tackled with this, could've been multiple.

More than half the people who have a Corrupted Ashbringer got it by facerolling Naxx at 70 than actually progressing on it in Vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    The old one looks much better imo. Outdated looks, but better still. And I agree that fabled items like that should stay fabled so not everyone has one. But rare can be too rare as well. Personally I don't think I've ever seen anyone wielding corrupted ashbringer over the 9(?) years I've played the game. So it's like it doesn't even exist. Perhaps super rare BMAH listing that appears once a year would be a cool way to re-introduce it, but still keep it über rare.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

I got my CA in BC like almost everyone that has it. If you played then and are whining it really is silly

I don't know where the mentality came from that timed/event items are bad in WoW. They are one of the most loved things in most other MMOs and a staple of the genre to distinguish older players

I'm not going to cry if other people get CA, but you'd really just be ruining it for yourself. Trust me. It is a very old model and the significance is in its rarity and game world story. If you could get it again you wouldn't be happy with it for very long.

Look at the lion heart executioner and all the rest of the old BS weapons. People wanted them so badly to return. And when they did people used them for a month and moved on
    Last edited by Pizzakid2093; 2016-05-17 at 08:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    the old ashi is gone and wont come back.
    end of story.
    as much as i love the artifacts, if everyone is special no one is.
    let this unique and awesome weapon stay awesome and unique.
    doesnt matter if its just the appearance or the actual weapon.
    An unholy weapon like corrupted ashbringer should only be in a hand of a death knight. Not warriors or paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Would rather it stay rare.
    that weapon belongs to death knignts.

Thay already said that bringing out the corrupted ashbringer back then was a mistake, I doub't will see it back. But hey if they do, wtb scarab lord, my transfer bugged out and it got fixed to late, qq.