Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People bitched about a system that was entirely fine, and now they've seen to it that we get a system that's horrible. GG complainers, GG.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-17 at 02:41 PM.

Is that Glenn Close in spot 13? I dont see her on the castlist. It also sounds like her?

Quote Originally Posted by Bavarian Barbarian View Post
    Khadgar confirmed for comic relief character.
    It appears that way from the two clips of him in the library and in the forest. I hope this isn't true, though, or at least he is given some weight for the sequel if this one is successful.

I feel like we must have seen at least 45 minutes from the movie solely by all these spots and trailers....

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    I feel like we must have seen at least 45 minutes from the movie solely by all these spots and trailers....
    And yet nothing that gives away a plot we don't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Varixdos View Post

I'm predicting talent restrictions will be debated just like flying now. Oh, joy.
    What restrictions? It's just like now where you need an item to change talents. Only that Scribes make it instead of it being from a vendor, and when you're in cities it's free.

This is easier to swallow than the respec cost. I'm more inclined to actually level my healer alts now. Talent swapping is rarely needed on the fly when solo anyway. So I'll just plan ahead for my solo play. No big deal, I can live with this even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

Deleted
    Flipped the draenei mother in paint...

imgur.com/gallery/FhO81DG

Pretty awesome!

Talents need to be a meaningful and important choice... and with that, give an appreciable "feeling" to how you play. I agree that just swapping talents willy-nilly is stupid. Nothing bothers me more than having a group tell me "you need to respec to X for this". Why? Because the numbers were crunched and X is better than the Y I already have by 5%? Come on.

So, yeah, I'm all in favor of having a certain "lock" in place on talents to make you embrace your decision more and also not be beholden to these know-it-alls who tell you to spec otherwise at every turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    So who is Glenn Close supposed to be in the Warcraft lore then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jinguu View Post
    Flipped the draenei mother in paint...

imgur.com/gallery/FhO81DG

Pretty awesome!
    The word you're looking for is "horrifying" not "awesome".
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Oh, you don't like people switching talents on the fly? What about those poor bastards who have to do that because you don't give them any AoE or movement speed capability that isn't tied to talents? Like paladins. You're punishing them for your shitty design choices.

Deleted
    Those "talents" were never choices at all and are never going to work in a game like WoW where everything is served on a platter as far as class customization goes. The player has no say how the character is built, stat allocation, abilities etc. How do they expect those talents to work? Cookie-cutters will always exist, that is a mathematical fact, might as well give every class some aoe and cleave, remove the talents and call it a day, wouldn't change a thing, except that players won't feel forced to change talents for certain encounters, just because someone decided that class X will baseline lack aoe/cleave. If someone from Blizzard reads this - please remove them, we will thank you later. This is as stupid as it gets when it comes to game design, dressing up mandatory things as "choices" and on top of it punish the player so the fictional "choice" feel more meaningful.
    Last edited by mmoc79af98f473; 2016-05-17 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullpointer View Post
    Those "talents" were never choices at all and are never going to work in a game like WoW where everything is served on a platter as far as class customization goes. The player has no say how the character is built, stat allocation, abilities etc. How do they expect those talents to work? Cookie-cutters will always exist, that is a mathematical fact, might as well give every class some aoe and cleave, remove the talents and call it a day, wouldn't change a thing, except that players won't feel forced to change talents for certain encounters, just because someone decided that class X will baseline lack aoe/cleave. If someone from Blizzard reads this - please remove them, we will thank you later. This is as stupid as it gets when it comes to game design, dressing up mandatory things as "choices" and on top of it punish the player so the fictional "choice" feel more meaningful.
    I guess we wont be seeing you playing the coming expansion then....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by martinboy View Post
    I guess we wont be seeing you playing the coming expansion then....
    And your point is?

Quote Originally Posted by Nullpointer View Post
    And your point is?
    He doesn't have one. It's just some idiot trying to be an edgelord.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannik254 View Post
    I think Blizzard was faced with the decision of either increasing the price for respeccing, or removing it entirely. And personally, I would have prefered the cost to increase a hundredfold, locking players into roles again, god forbid, but the modern player would never accept that, alas.
    I have never, in my time playing this game, read or heard a convincing argument as to why this would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    He doesn't have one. It's just some idiot trying to be an edgelord.
    I guess we wont be seeing you in Legion either...

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I have never, in my time playing this game, read or heard a convincing argument as to why this would be a good idea.
    What, locking down classes to certain roles again? Do you even RPG bro? Warriors should tank, clerics should heal, and warlocks should DPS, I don't seem to understand what is wrong with making WoW back into an actual RPG. Classes should fulfil certain roles within a group, and one class being able to fill every role breaks down group forming, group reliance, and eventually the game's community.

MMORPGs became incredibly popular because they forced players into certain roles that generally required other's roles as well to be successful, and in this genre that is in fact a very good thing. Being able to switch roles on the fly may seem like a quality of life improvement, but it actually breaks down the gameplay aspect of the MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannik254 View Post
    What, locking down classes to certain roles again? Do you even RPG bro? Warriors should tank, clerics should heal, and warlocks should DPS, I don't seem to understand what is wrong with making WoW back into an actual RPG.

There are plenty of high fantasy MMOs out there (Everquest, EQ2, Vanguard) WoW has never and will never be one of them.