Thread: Gtx 1080

Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Bleh. I'm dumb. Just bought a 980 like a month or two ago. Oh well...there's always going to be something coming out replacing your shit.
    We knew long ago ETA on Pascal. Could've researched it you know. One of the reasons why I didn't upgrade.

This is the best video review yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Because comparing a dual chip gpu with a single chip gpu is the way to go.......

@Lathais: The 1080 is not the second best card nvidia has for this range, we dont know what they will bring out in the future, but if going by last gen, then you still have the Titan# and 1080ti to come, so it is at least (speculation) the 3rd best card. We will just have to wait and see what the next few months brings.

@Life-Binder: Dude no one will benifit from AMD closing its doors, we will all suffer if that happens, please stop with this trolling and deliver a constructive discussion?

@Bigvizz: Dude do you even read the posts in here or do you just nit pick which ones to read? It is literally the post right above his.......
    When they both are or were selling for the same price its comparable. It doesnt matter if one has 15 gpus on it. $500 to $500. Get it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    When they both are or were selling for the same price its comparable. It doesnt matter if one has 15 gpus on it. $500 to $500. Get it?
    If you say so......

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post

@Bigvizz: Dude do you even read the posts in here or do you just nit pick which ones to read? It is literally the post right above his.......
    Oh and what post was that? /chuckle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    Oh and what post was that? /chuckle
    =P /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    *cite this or it doesn't exist.
    AMD cards have better consistency at VR currently, not really sure if the 1080/70 improved things for Nvidia but it wasn't exactly going well with Maxwell.
    Most VR developers indeed are using Fiji cards, you can see them posting this king of thing at Twitter all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    I'd really like to see some 3440x1440 benchmarks.. I'm kind of in between with 2560x1080 and 3440x1440.
    Because I do want to run the next few years with latest games on high (and upwards) settings.
    But I explicitly DO NOT want to SLI. I wonder how it would perform at those resolutions with 2.1GHz
    Found UltraWide 1440 benchmarks.

Battlefield 4
    Spoiler: 

Crysis 3
    Spoiler: 

DOOM
    Spoiler: 

GTA V
    Spoiler: 

Metro Last Light
    Spoiler: 

Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 11
    Spoiler: 

Witcher 3
    Spoiler: 

Rainbow Six Siege
    Spoiler: 

Total War: Attila
    Spoiler: 

Ashes of the Singularity DirectX 12
    Spoiler: 

Rise of the Tomb Raider DirectX 12
    Spoiler: 

Hitman DirectX 12
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    What Nvidia did with the 1080 will benefit everyone, so long as AMD isn't being a bitch about it. The 1080 is the new King, and the Fury X needs to be cheaper. Since AMD doesn't have anything equal to the 1080 for a long time, they should restructure their products and make sure their prices reflect their performance. It's not like the Fury cards were king at all to begin with, but they did at least justify their prices.

It's not like the 1080 is in your price range. You own a GTX 960, which is a fair bit cheaper than a 1080. Unless you plan to make a major upgrade? Otherwise GPU's in the 960 price range are going to be what AMD is aiming for with Polaris. Just so happens AMD will have a press release about Polaris soon. For now, the 1080 is the "GO TO" card for highest performance. No getting around that. Be excited about the 1070 instead.
    and just how do you know that AMD does not have anything equal to it for a long time? You can time travel now? Some reports show that the Polaris 10 GPUs will in fact be outperforming Furies. This means that they could potentially be competition for the 1080. We'll know more after Computex, but it is a possibility.

Also, yeah, I put 960s in my rigs(wife and I have identical rigs) because they were a large step up over what we had, my old rigs were getting ancient and I went with entire fresh builds early 2015. Doing 2 entirely fresh builds, with no parts to reuse, yeah, I had to cut down somewhere, and since none of the games we played at the time are exactly stressing the 960, that's what we went with in order to save some money. I was planning on upgrading Jan/Feb this year, but had a couple budget busters come up with the car and the house, so upgrades got delayed until next year. I could actually purchase now, but waiting on Vega and benchmarks to make a decision, but we are definitely stepping up out of the 960 range now that the rest of the PCs are up to date. So yeah, the 1080 is in my price range, jack ass. However, by the time I am going to do my upgrades, the 1080ti and Vega will be out and I'll probably be looking at those.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://wccftech.com/gtx-1070-1920-cuda-cores/

nVidia confirms the 1070 specs.

Deleted
    Looking at those ultrawide scores, seems like I do need to wait for the uber cards end of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed, why is GP104 and P100 so different per SM. It's odd for Nvidia to make two different SM layout, which in GP104's case it might as well be Maxwell 3.0, but for P100 it's completely different which also means that sharing resources for P100 and GP104 are going to be different. If we can even call them the same architecture is already debatable.

Another card thats too weak for single card 4k. With the usual 20% jump despite jumping 2 process nodes this time. Also not really a new architecture. They shrunk maxwell and used the new headroom to massively increase the clock. Not a bad card, but I expected better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Just noticed, why is GP104 and P100 so different per SM. It's odd for Nvidia to make two different SM layout, which in GP104's case it might as well be Maxwell 3.0, but for P100 it's completely different which also means that sharing resources for P100 and GP104 are going to be different. If we can even call them the same architecture is already debatable.
    Unfortunatly Nvidia keeps silent about this. A few medias have already asked that but got no answer.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2016-05-17 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Look at the 4k results.

That's more pixels, so the results will be even better for 3440x1440...

Also: don't waste your time on the 2560x1080, I tried one for all of a week. Noooooooope.
    21:9 1440 is not even 5MP, 4k is 8MP. You can't really compare.. If I'd look at 4k results, I'd be dissatisfied.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    very post, much wow
    Hmm. Those do seem pretty legit actually. If there'd be a couple more sources to verify the results that'd be great.

Thanks for the effort.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    21:9 1440 is not even 5MP, 4k is 8MP. You can't really compare.. If I'd look at 4k results, I'd be dissatisfied.

- - - Updated - - -
    Hmm. Those do seem pretty legit actually. If there'd be a couple more sources to verify the results that'd be great.

Thanks for the effort.
    To verify the results? Are you serious? Why do you need more sources? This resolution isn't exactly used en masse, not many have these monitors.

Here, I'll compromise.

Look at 2560x1440 benches, then look at 4k benches, now lean towards the 2560x1440 scores... That's around where you'd be with this monitor.

Let's be realistic though, techgage aren't posting fake benchmarks. Jeez...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Unfortunatly Nvidia keeps silent about this. A few medias have already asked that but got no answer.
    Yeah... it really looks like a die shrunk Maxwell than an actual new architecture. Nvidia doesn't ever give a lot of information on their architecture compared to Intel and AMD which can be quite annoying.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yeah... it really looks like a die shrunk Maxwell than an actual new architecture. Nvidia doesn't ever give a lot of information on their architecture compared to Intel and AMD which can be quite annoying.
    Die shrink or not, it's a nice improvement regardless, is it not?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Die shrink or not, it's a nice improvement regardless, is it not?
    Depends on your point of view. The performance different is essentially the same as an overclocked 980Ti at base clock / non boosted. Clock rates are matching up to performance delta really. I'm not considering upgrading anytime soon, but I still like tech in general, but from that point of view it's extremely boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    and just how do you know that AMD does not have anything equal to it for a long time? You can time travel now? Some reports show that the Polaris 10 GPUs will in fact be outperforming Furies. This means that they could potentially be competition for the 1080. We'll know more after Computex, but it is a possibility.
    From what AMD said so far, it's a ~390X. What reports said it's faster?
    Also, yeah, I put 960s in my rigs(wife and I have identical rigs) because they were a large step up over what we had, my old rigs were getting ancient and I went with entire fresh builds early 2015. Doing 2 entirely fresh builds, with no parts to reuse, yeah, I had to cut down somewhere, and since none of the games we played at the time are exactly stressing the 960, that's what we went with in order to save some money. I was planning on upgrading Jan/Feb this year, but had a couple budget busters come up with the car and the house, so upgrades got delayed until next year. I could actually purchase now, but waiting on Vega and benchmarks to make a decision, but we are definitely stepping up out of the 960 range now that the rest of the PCs are up to date. So yeah, the 1080 is in my price range, jack ass. However, by the time I am going to do my upgrades, the 1080ti and Vega will be out and I'll probably be looking at those.
    Woah, hey, I didn't mean it as an insult. I myself run a HD 7850, so I'm not exactly throwing money around in the latest graphics. I actually don't have any reason yet to upgrade, other than waiting for a bargin, cause my 7850 is working very well with minimal reduced graphic settings. Will only upgrade when there's a sudden drop in prices for certain GPU's, which I'm eyeing the 970 or the R9 290. Unless Polaris surprises me in it's price. And I got the 7850 2 years ago for $100 off Ebay after the BitCoin farming crashed. I'm a cheap son of a bitch.

I find that waiting will always benefit me in the end. The only game that has made my machine cry is Fallout 4, and only in certain parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    From what AMD said so far, it's a ~390X. What reports said it's faster?
    No one said anything on the performance spectrum, all we got are rumors. We got one that says it'll match Fury X / 980 Ti and one that says it'll match 390x, fuck if we know.