Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which class for random BGs?

I got a bunch of gold sitting around and I want to buy a full 710 set for one of my chars to use in random BGs. Which class would do well/be fun? The only classes I don't have at or very close to 100 are Paladin (86) and Warlock (77). Do the set bonuses change when you switch specs as well? Thanks.

Hunter, boomkin, sit back and spam skills and run away when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Termak View Post
    Hunter, boomkin, sit back and spam skills and run away when needed.
    Hunter is one of the ones I was thinking about. I was also thinking about Shadow/Disc Priest and Feral Druid.

Deleted
    How much conq. points are needed to fully equip a character? 27.000? On my server that would be like almost 400.000 gold. Just saying... make sure that you like the class you choose to spend this amount of gold on.

I'm playing random BGs for fun, not for objectives. I'm having fun when I top the charts.

I have fun in random BGs with:
    - MM hunter with lone wolf (watch the video guide from Tosan on youtube), tops DPS and KB charts, it's possible to solo healers... sometimes
    - Frost Mage, better than average in DPS and KBs
    - Frost DK, tops DPS and sometimes also KB charts, for me this is the best healer killer
    - Shadow Priest, tops DPS and definitely the KB charts
    - Ret Pala... seems to be not so bad

Not having fun with:
    - WW Monk, for some reason this class is incredibly frustrating for me, mostly due to their style of mobility (moving in a straight line) and for the fact that they can't move while channeling Fists of Fury and for not havin an auto snare
    - Rogue, can't even touch the top spots in DPS and KBs and very very rarely I see someone else do it in random BGs, maybe one out of 100 games (and then it's mostly not rank 1)

Haven't tried warlocks, druids, shamans and warriors.

Deleted
    If you really want to have fun and you are not just farming KBs and trying to top dmg matters, then i would reccomend you a Rogue or Feral druid. Being a stealther in BGs is so awesome. You have so many options and tools what to do and when to do it ...

If you are brainless and all that matters to you are KBs and the dps part and you don't care about winning or loosing, than go with Affliction lock, SP, Moonkin, frost DK or Hunter.

I estimate it to be about 200k on my low pop server. Random BGs are my favorite way to PvP. I like topping the charts as well. If I get the priest set; can I use it for shadow and holy/disc? I kind of want to try some healing too. Thanks for the input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    If you really want to have fun and you are not just farming KBs and trying to top dmg matters, then i would reccomend you a Rogue or Feral druid. Being a stealther in BGs is so awesome. You have so many options and tools what to do and when to do it ...

If you are brainless and all that matters to you are KBs and the dps part and you don't care about winning or loosing, than go with Affliction lock, SP, Moonkin, frost DK or Hunter.
    Stealth is fun in BGs; that is true. Some of my favorite moments were in AV on a Feral or a Rogue. Sneaky recaps ftw. I also used to stand at the top of the horde towers stealthed on my Druid and typhoon people off when they got to the top If I went Druid; maybe I could be Feral/Resto.

Random BGs eh? Something that can nuke from range preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    If you are brainless
    What an absurd thing to say. Oh wait, how am i surprised, it's MMO-C!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    How much conq. points are needed to fully equip a character? 27.000? On my server that would be like almost 400.000 gold. Just saying... make sure that you like the class you choose to spend this amount of gold on.

I'm playing random BGs for fun, not for objectives. I'm having fun when I top the charts.

I have fun in random BGs with:
    - MM hunter with lone wolf (watch the video guide from Tosan on youtube), tops DPS and KB charts, it's possible to solo healers... sometimes
    - Frost Mage, better than average in DPS and KBs
    - Frost DK, tops DPS and sometimes also KB charts, for me this is the best healer killer
    - Shadow Priest, tops DPS and definitely the KB charts
    - Ret Pala... seems to be not so bad

Not having fun with:
    - WW Monk, for some reason this class is incredibly frustrating for me, mostly due to their style of mobility (moving in a straight line) and for the fact that they can't move while channeling Fists of Fury and for not havin an auto snare
    - Rogue, can't even touch the top spots in DPS and KBs and very very rarely I see someone else do it in random BGs, maybe one out of 100 games (and then it's mostly not rank 1)

Haven't tried warlocks, druids, shamans and warriors.
    I personally play a rogue and I top most if not all the BG's I enter into.
    People tend to underestimate just how much damage you can do as a rogue, especially if you just go full ham-tard combat and train a healer into another dimension.

Solo its rogue hands down. Moonkin, mage and hunter are also good. If you like to do random BGs in premades anything will do. Stay away from immobile things like spriest and warlock.

Mobility is really key to soloing random BGs while consistently having fun, at least for me. The more the better.

Take class that can :
    - Burst
    - Heal
    - Cc
    - That can be played without counting on your dumb teammates

Many builds are 'fun' in randoms because its more about how 'you' play ..

Shadow Priest are definitely among the best and not sure what a poster was saying .. shadow has fantastic mobility and amazing utility .. its about how you position and remember you have tons of CC to help you survive .. I play Gnome so an extra 'trinket' ..

Frost DK puts out crazy damage but you need to not over extend .. Warrior is fantastic with x3 charges (x2 charge and x1 intervene) and a huge leap as well as near perma 20% moment speed buff (add nitro boots) and the class is crazy mobile .. Blade storm is super fun .. 20% speed, snare the other guy .. pop CD's and go crazy ..

Hunters is fun but honestly not as near as much fun as Warrior or DK or Retr ..

Ret is another great random BG build .. you can easily stay out of trouble and can always bubble and nitro boot away .. learn how to set up burst as a Retr and every 2min you will blow up a high value target ..

Feral is a niche build that can go god mode for 15sec every 3min UNLESS you get chain CC'd .. which at this point in the expansion is almost guaranteed ..

While Boomi are on top of the list I hate the build mechanics .. hate .. hate .. hate ..
    Last edited by Cempa; 2016-04-26 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    I play something most people find very unpopular - an elemental shaman. I simply like everything about them - from lore, abilities, aesthetics and so on.

Pro:
    - it's so satisfying (almost) globaling someone when procs align; the damage when unchallenged or smartly positioned is very good
    - great cleave damage and decent flag protection
    - your self heal is among the strongest (surge heals for the same amount as boomkin healing touch, in almost half it's cast time)
    - you can purge healers to infinity and make them hate queueing for the bg against you (in random BGs people are more unaware so it works better then in RBGs)
    - decent group utility (hero/lust, aoe slow/root, aoe stun, aoe slow immunity and so on)

Con:
    - you won't be a solo BG hero - in 95% cases you can't tip the tide of a match by yourself, even on small maps like WSG
    - decent melee will make you hate queueing against them - they will shut you down completely
    - there is widespread knowledge to "train the blue" - traditionally shamans don't shine in mobility and survival and get focused a lot

I also play shadow priest and boomkin. Shadow is mildly superior to ele, and boomkin feels like a super-charged-god compared to ele. So if you're looking for a spec to have the most rounded toolkit - go boomkin.
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2016-04-26 at 12:45 PM.

I like ret pally because I can line sick burst every 2 minutes with wings, trinket and potion. With wings on CD I can heal, CC and guard nodes.

Random bgs: most of ppl are under geared, most ppl don't have high level of pvp skills, very little cc or off-heals/peels saying all that i would suggest 3 following specs, based on my own experience/opinion:
    1) Destro Lock = top kills, 300k crits in the face, you will only die 1 time if that if you play carefully, very high survival
    2) Boomy = fun/knocking ppl off the edge in AB/EOTs, you will almost always top dmg meters, good assist and high mobility with good CC, can stay in stealth if facing a pre-made and pick off solo players.
    3) Ret = if you are mastery build you will top dmg meters 99% of the time (if there is no boomy on the team), you never die, and you will have highest kills unless there is a destro lock or war on ur team, also it is always fun popping wings and killing some undergeared player in 2 globals.
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-04-27 at 02:27 AM.

What about Prot Warrior?

Like the OP, I want to choose a good class for Random BGs but I kinda favor Melee and don't like to die

Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    What about Prot Warrior?

Like the OP, I want to choose a good class for Random BGs but I kinda favor Melee and don't like to die
    Prot warrior is very good but if you want go a prot spec, i would suggest Blood Dks, in full conquest gear they are insanely hard to kill (at least for my Ret, while Prot wars are not that bad since most of my attacks are magic). Blood Dks are a pain, i simply ignore them, i don't even bother trying to kill them in a BG, yet they can do some decent dmg.

I am not a guy that does BG's a lot but when i boosted my mage i picked out Fire spec and went out to get some gear, I ended up playing to 6 AM and it was the most fun i ever had in bg's in a very long time, I recommend you to try it!

Deleted
    Yes, Fire Mage is Awesome and super fun for random BGs. And survivability is not bad at all.

Deleted
    Mages are fun, if you like the hunter then you will probably like fire since you can cast while moving. I prefer frost for the control and burst that needs a bit less of a setup. Fire mages with meteor or crystal can be frustrating because you don't have a stun to lock down a target.

Rogues are fun, sub is great for locking down healers and secure a kill. Combat does some really nice damage. ( You can FoK into a shit ton of ruptures with sub to get some really nice damage as well.)

Boomkins are fun, AoE pressure and some insane burst. As a boomkin you can get away quite easily as well if it gets too tricky. Popping cds often lets me 1v2 and cap a flag.

Shadow priests are fun although I think they are a relying a bit more on their teammates they do put out a lot of damage and cc.

Ret paladin, The only melee beside rogues that I find fun. Freedom, high burst and some heals. People cower in fear when they spot you with wings on.

It all comes down to what you like, I play a lot of different things but the thing they have mostly in common is that the classes I play the most have some decent mobility. Nothing is worse for me then targets running away from me or being unable to get into range quickly.