Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's been done. Guy nearly did it twice actually.

Full game so spoiler alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    For some reason the game not being like doom 1 and 2 is a turnoff and people cant stand it.
    From what I've seen (haven't played myself yet, so not judging) it's an odd combination of old and new.

No reloading... but you can double jump!

...what?

Also it seems almost like a spiritual successor to Brutal Doom more than Doom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    From what I've seen (haven't played myself yet, so not judging) it's an odd combination of old and new.

No reloading... but you can double jump!

...what?

Also it seems almost like a spiritual successor to Brutal Doom more than Doom!
    Now all we need is the middle finger/insult button and the cheesey Doom Comic Book quote button!

"AH A CHAINSAW! THE GREAT COMMUNICATOR! ALLOW ME TO COMMUNICATE MY DESIRE TO HAVE YOUR GUNS!"

"YOU'RE BIG! THAT MEANS YOU'VE GOT BIG GUTS!"

"OH NO! NOW I'M RADIOACTIVE! THAT CAN'T BE GOOD!"

Ahh DooM comic...you made the Doomguy out to be an insane psychopath....and I love it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Ahh DooM comic...you made the Doomguy out to be an insane psychopath....and I love it.
    What do you mean made out to be? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultra Nightmare seems reminiscent to Nightmare from original Doom games. Absolutely wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Now all we need is the middle finger/insult button and the cheesey Doom Comic Book quote button!

"AH A CHAINSAW! THE GREAT COMMUNICATOR! ALLOW ME TO COMMUNICATE MY DESIRE TO HAVE YOUR GUNS!"

"YOU'RE BIG! THAT MEANS YOU'VE GOT BIG GUTS!"

"OH NO! NOW I'M RADIOACTIVE! THAT CAN'T BE GOOD!"

Well, there was "rip and tear" in the intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Only the easy ones! Even in E1M1 two of the secrets are triggered by invisible tripwires outside the room.
    As I said further on, secrets you couldn't find visually had audio cues
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Is it not allowed to switch to Nightmare mode at any other time than when you start a playthrough?

With the recent AMD update the R9 390 is dam near equal to the GTX 970

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I can't stand motion blur -_-

No clue how folks can play with it on.
    Too much fps and/or unstable fps for some people can make fast movements and turns in the screen quite unconfortable and even make some people sick.

Motion blur simulates what your brain does when the eyes can't "see fast enough" to capture and process each individual position of something moving fast. Just try waving your hand in front of you very fast and see the motion blur (especially if you're not focusing on the hand).

Motion blur also gives a cinema / movie like aesthetic.

Video: Frame Rate - How Does Frame Rate Affect Gameplay? - Extra Credits
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-05-17 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished it. What a rush! Loved every bit of it
    Nearly no downtime, slaughter all the way.

Going to replay this on a higher difficulty for sure. I was really impressed with how Wolfenstein New Order turned out and that game was the first FPS in YEARS to keep me hooked and smiling ear to ear. Well, DooM does that all over again! This game is a 10/10 for me 8-)
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing Doom here with a Core i7 950 with 3.87Ghz, a GTX 660 ASUS 2GB and 12GB RAM Corsair Vengeance, majority of the game reaching more than 60 FPS on the highest quality (needed to remove Vertical Sync, as it always tend to limit the fps to 60), some parts seems to be not well optimised yet.

Just finished E1M1, really enjoying the game, best FPS in a long time, the first levels are more linear, but the sizes of the maps and route options are starting to increase.

The single player campaing is awesome, but if i was to judge just by the Multiplayer, it's not so good, the Multiplayer is more like Quake than Doom (as someone already told here, it was not id that made the multiplayer component... hope that in sequels they keep more control over MP also).

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Too much fps and/or unstable fps for some people can make fast movements and turns in the screen quite unconfortable and even make some people sick.

Motion blur simulates what your brain does when the eyes can't "see fast enough" to capture and process each individual position of something moving fast. Just try waving your hand in front of you very fast and see the motion blur (especially if you're not focusing on the hand).

Motion blur also gives a cinema / movie like aesthetic.

Video: Frame Rate - How Does Frame Rate Affect Gameplay? - Extra Credits
    I think he/she meant to say; No fucking idea why anyone would want it on.

Not asking for an essay on MB.

Also, I agree with Edge. MB is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I think he/she meant to say; No fucking idea why anyone would want it on.
    And I explained why some people may want it on, for once to make it easier on the eyes, or maybe even just a personal preference of a more cinematic-like aesthetics.

Some people like things you dislike for no good reason than their taste being different than yours. Shouldn't be a great revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    And I explained why some people may want it on, for once to make it easier on the eyes, or maybe even just a personal preference of a more cinematic-like aesthetics.

Some people like things you dislike for no good reason than their taste being different than yours. Shouldn't be a great revelation.
    It is not, I'm just saying that 'no idea why anyone would use it' does not equal 'no idea what it does'. In my particular case (hence saying "I agree with Edge"[opinion], rather than "Edge is right"[statement of fact]) Motion Blur adds effects that my brain can't deal with. Personally, I don't get why we have a simulation for the effect, since being in a roller-coaster and watching someone in a roller-coaster (from the FP pov), doesn't mean I'm supposed to feel gravity change. Same thing with this; watching a stationary screen in which someone moves so quickly that everything fades, is entirely different from moving yourself. The first simply disorients you completely. It literally has no beneficial effect.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having finished the game, I felt annoyed by two more things. First, it sucks that Pinky is the last normal enemy. He's introduced halfway through the game, and after that, there's nothing new. Specter doesn't really count, since it's pretty much the same thing, except you can't lock rockets on it. It's not like they didn't have more classic enemies they could use. Even if we assume that Archville = Summoner, that still leaves spiders and pain elemental. Engineers might as well not be in the game, they're pretty pointless. I'd even go for a palette swap, since it would at least introduce some new threat in later levels.

And the boss fights were a mixed bag. They're not bad in themselves, but feel rather limited after frantic action with dozens of demons, teleporting around and chainsawing for ammo. Especially the second one, that shield just made the fight last longer than it needed to. At very least, they could use few adds to make things more chaotic and less predictable. Not the worst FPS bosses by far, it's just that I expected something more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Having finished the game, I felt annoyed by two more things. First, it sucks that Pinky is the last normal enemy. He's introduced halfway through the game, and after that, there's nothing new. Specter doesn't really count, since it's pretty much the same thing, except you can't lock rockets on it. It's not like they didn't have more classic enemies they could use. Even if we assume that Archville = Summoner, that still leaves spiders and pain elemental. Engineers might as well not be in the game, they're pretty pointless. I'd even go for a palette swap, since it would at least introduce some new threat in later levels.

And the boss fights were a mixed bag. They're not bad in themselves, but feel rather limited after frantic action with dozens of demons, teleporting around and chainsawing for ammo. Especially the second one, that shield just made the fight last longer than it needed to. At very least, they could use few adds to make things more chaotic and less predictable. Not the worst FPS bosses by far, it's just that I expected something more.
    I have to say, Doom is one of the few games where variety of enemies doesn't bother me. It's nice to have a handful of different guys, but if there's more, it's just a bonus. I'm apparently one stage away from running into Pinkies...I completed the level to leave hell (I think...where you find the holo of robodude and your sarcophagus), and I guess they come in the next stage. Kinda looking forward to it.

I think so far, Hell Knights have to be my biggest 'oh shit' enemies in the game. Like, I don't really consider much else a threat. But these guys are highly mobile, take a bit to go down, and can pump out some serious damage. And there are some spots where you fight more than one >.> Even Revenants aren't that much of a threat to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Arrow to the kneeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Arrow to the kneeeee

Skyrim Easter Egg
    OMG LOL that is freaking amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.