Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

No more stat squish in the future? New biggest number 9 quadrillion+

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743924233#11

Seems like new biggest number that WoW can hold is 9 quadrillion +

I wonder if they'll decide for another stat squish in the future to keep numbers low or go with it like diablo style once we reach a point where every ability and autoattack does milions so we'll see things like 34 000 M etc.

I guess if they decide for no stat squish they can please both sides that are for and against it by adding M, B , T etc letters to the numbers or add option for that like in Diablo.

I thought he was just making a joke.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I thought he was just making a joke.
    I was thinking it'd be the maximum 64 bit integer but that's ~9.2 quintillion. Still don't think it's a joke, they probably don't want to have to do a stat squish every 2 expansions.

Deleted
    I currently play on the beta and the numbers are so high my mind actually just ignores them isntead of trying to keep track of what ability does what damage.

it kidna does bum me down a bit when i think about it.

It liked back in the day when i knew what my various abilities where going to hit for

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    they probably don't want to have to do a stat squish every 2 expansions.
    Then they need to get their heads out of their asses, do one massive squish that brings every bit of content down to a reasonable level, then, going forward, do away with the hyper inflation and find some other metric of difficulty beyond, "You need ilvl x to complete this content."

Hell, the fact they can't figure out that their highest end raid level, in this case mythic, should be the metric of their inflation boggles my mind. To prevent the hyper inflation, they need to sit back, go, "Okay, we're going to have three raids and we don't want hyper inflation, so at the end of the third raid, we only want the ilvl to have gone up by 100 points. How do we make this happen?" Simple as that really. We don't need to be double or triple as strong as we were when we started an expansion. A small noticeable difference will suffice.

The inflation has gotten out of hand extremely though. Back in Vanilla the average DPS was around 700 with BiS gear. Today, it's up near 130,000 DPS. That's almost a 186 times DPS increase over the course of 50 more levels.
    Last edited by Thetruth1400; 2016-05-18 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really disappointing that the squish was almost entirely a waste as we're at even worse numbers as fresh 110s than we were at the end of MoP. Can only imagine how awful it will be at the end of Legion.

They knew that exponential gains were bad and they still went with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Then they need to get their heads out of their asses, do one massive squish that brings every bit of content down to a reasonable level, then, going forward, do away with the hyper inflation and find some other metric of difficulty beyond, "You need ilvl x to complete this content."

Hell, the fact they can't figure out that their highest end raid level, in this case mythic, should be the metric of their inflation boggles my mind. To prevent the hyper inflation, they need to sit back, go, "Okay, we're going to have three raids and we don't want hyper inflation, so at the end of the third raid, we only want the ilvl to have gone up by 100 points. How do we make this happen?" Simple as that really. We don't need to be double or triple as strong as we were when we started an expansion. A small noticeable difference will suffice.
    They seem to like the feeling of reward that the 'hyper inflation' gives though, and so far as I can remember didn't seem too bothered by the prospect of having to do them every 2 or 3 expansions.

The number limits being several factors larger doesn't exactly preclude the possibility of another stat squish in the future. I imagine that the next time numbers become too unwieldy they'll do another stat squish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    It's really disappointing that the squish was almost entirely a waste as we're at even worse numbers as fresh 110s than we were at the end of MoP. Can only imagine how awful it will be at the end of Legion.

They knew that exponential gains were bad and they still went with it.
    The stat squish was not done because the numbers where getting to high for what they liked. It was simply done because at the time the game couldnt handle such high numbers.

We should have our facts straight when talking about these things

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I currently play on the beta and the numbers are so high my mind actually just ignores them isntead of trying to keep track of what ability does what damage.

it kidna does bum me down a bit when i think about it.

It liked back in the day when i knew what my various abilities where going to hit for
    games evolve your mind stays weak and feeble, sorry you can only handle 3-4 digits, do you struggle with your bank account or are you poor?

Please post constructively
    Last edited by Arlee; 2016-05-19 at 08:12 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    games evolve your mind stays weak and feeble, sorry you can only handle 3-4 digits, do you struggle with your bank account or are you poor?
    You're an idiot.

Infracted {ML}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-05-18 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Haha. This is hilarious. Not you, you're not hilarious at all. It's just ironic that I just visited a Reddit thread concerning MMO-C with the general agreement of Redditors being this entire site is infested with hateful fucking termites who can do nothing but spew vile comments to eachother for no reason whatsoever. Thus, many Redditors avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Haha. This is hilarious. Not you, you're not hilarious at all. It's just ironic that I just visited a Reddit thread concerning MMO-C with the general agreement of Redditors being this entire site is infested with hateful fucking termites who can do nothing but spew vile comments to eachother for no reason whatsoever. Thus, many Redditors avoid it.
    While MMO-C forums are generally a shithole of negativity and stupidity, this is the height of irony, as the WoW subreddit is literally an echo chamber populated by sore vaginas. I don't mean literally in the modern way where it actually means "figuratively", I mean that I'm pretty sure that almost every poster in the WoW subreddit is a bruised pair of labia.
    Beta Club Brosquad

The real irony being that you think redditors are not the same.

If you view these forums so poorly why do you have such high post count and even add to the problem? People like you only make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    If you view these forums so poorly why do you have such high post count and even add to the problem? People like you only make it worse.
    When did I say I viewed the forums so poorly? I'm referring to Redditors

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see where any of the last few posts has anything at all to do with the topic. Please post about the thread topic.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The real irony being that you think redditors are not the same.
    It isn't irony when you attempt to read my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just divide the damage by like 100, wont solve the issue but for say floating text and such at least things will be more reasonable. They can call it 110 damage or something. Just an text difference or maybe font/color change to symbolize its 'megadamage' so to speak.

Is there a reason why they inflate the numbers so much... like you go from ~30k health to 160k from 90 to 100 just by questing.