Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You cannot trade event legends over GTS unfortunately.
    You sure Darkrai is one of them? I know you can't trade mythical mons like Genesect, Meloetta etc, but can trade Xerneras, Yvetal and such and thought Darkrai is of same bunch. It sucks if that's true

10+ Year Old Account

Also litten is a new Lopunny/Gardevoir it seems.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Also litten is a new Lopunny/Gardevoir it seems.
    I don't even, I mean Lopunny/Gardevoir it's easy to see why but Litten is just a kitten god...Hope he evolves into a buffed up Tiger to get a good laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    I don't even, I mean Lopunny/Gardevoir it's easy to see why but Litten is just a kitten god...Hope he evolves into a buffed up Tiger to get a good laugh.
    It was same with Braxien. (and all its 3 evolutions)
    Cats/foxes/wolfs are easier to draw. (and cat also looks like killa la kill-- so one of the reasons)

I wont link any becuase khaz will get mad.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Soulsilver is pissing me off. I got to a point where every trainer I could fight, I've fought. I farmed a little off wild pokemon because I didn't know where to go. I'm at the point I gotta fight the steel gym leader. Her Steelix is 35. My Onix is 23. My Croconaw got one-shot by it. There's that big a gap between my levels and hers, and since Steel is OP as fuck, I don't have anything else that can even compete with it. I refuse to grind out twelve fucking levels off wild pokemon. And even if I would, guess what? The highest level ones I could grind on are all water. There's no versus seeker, no one is rechallenging me. All the TM's I've found are garbage. I don't understand how they can regress from gen 3 where you could challenge trainers more than once. I can't progress, and I'm not spending hours on unnecessary grinding.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-05-18 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    There's no versus seeker, no one is rechallenging me. All the TM's I've found are garbage. I don't understand how they can regress from gen 3 where you could challenge trainers more than once.
    Well, SoulSilver/HeartGold are Gen 2 Remake, there's no regression here.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul.../rematch.shtml

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, SoulSilver/HeartGold are Gen 2 Remake, there's no regression here.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoul.../rematch.shtml
    " Firstly, only a few dozen trainers in Kanto & Johto are capable of being battled again.

In order to get the rematch, you have to receive the PokéGear number from the trainer in question. Then, on a certain day, you will need to ring that trainer in question to organise a rematch. It is not guaranteed that a rematch will be discussed when you call but keep trying and you should get it."

You can maybe, on a certain day, kind of have a maybe shot with only certain trainers if they feel like it, kinda.

Yep, great design there...

You can maybe, on a certain day, kind of have a maybe shot with only certain trainers if they feel like it, kinda.

Yep, great design there...
    It's just flavor, a way to make the world feel more alive imo, not an efficient way of easy grind. You never needed that or any VS seeker to finish any game anyway.
    VS Seeker was, for me, a mean to abuse the most efficient trainers to get my 'mons to level 100 after finishing the game if I wanted.

maybe a dumb question but did you fight the 5th gym leader? (on that island on the left)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    maybe a dumb question but did you fight the 5th gym leader? (on that island on the left)
    I fought the first trainer there. Had a 27 Hitmonlee that wrecked my team, especially my Pidgeotto, who doesn't learn anything better than Gust until much, much later.

Is it not an obligation to obtain the medicine ? Don't remember. God I need to do HG again.

Is it not an obligation to obtain the medicine ? Don't remember. God I need to do HG again.
    can't remember, but I think you could get the medicine without fighting the 5th gym leader, curing Ampharos and fight the 6th gym leader (i.e. skipping the 5th)
    iirc you could even skip the 5th and 6th and fight the 7th first. I may be wrong, didn't play in a long long while..

- - - Updated - - -

I fought the first trainer there. Had a 27 Hitmonlee that wrecked my team, especially my Pidgeotto, who doesn't learn anything better than Gust until much, much later.
    well, um... then I don't know what's happening ^^'
    I never had any problems (atleast not that extreme as you have atm) with gym leaders regarding lvl difference. (in gen 2)
    I didn't play the remakes to the end.... somehow they didn't get me as firered/leafgreen. I like the pokemon hack shiny gold better than the official remake...
    Last edited by rarhyx; 2016-05-18 at 12:10 PM.

Welp, Soulsilver is pissing me off. I got to a point where every trainer I could fight, I've fought. I farmed a little off wild pokemon because I didn't know where to go. I'm at the point I gotta fight the steel gym leader. Her Steelix is 35. My Onix is 23. My Croconaw got one-shot by it. There's that big a gap between my levels and hers, and since Steel is OP as fuck, I don't have anything else that can even compete with it. I refuse to grind out twelve fucking levels off wild pokemon. And even if I would, guess what? The highest level ones I could grind on are all water. There's no versus seeker, no one is rechallenging me. All the TM's I've found are garbage. I don't understand how they can regress from gen 3 where you could challenge trainers more than once. I can't progress, and I'm not spending hours on unnecessary grinding.
    Never had any of those problems in gen 2 or their remakes. Never stopped to grind, never had troubles with the GYMs.

I never had any problems (atleast not that extreme as you have atm) with gym leaders regarding lvl difference. (in gen 2)
    Last time I did HG, I ended up with my lvl 37-40 team against Lance 44-50 team the first time. I abused my Politoed with Hypnosis to sleep the enemy one by one and kill them with my Mamoswine, it took a lot of Revive and time.

Well, I'm always behind lvl after 5-6 bagdes since I flee every random encounter.

I got Soulsilver finally. Used copy at Gamestop, got a discount because PRO member or whatever, so I figured it was the cheapest way I was gonan get it.

Really hard so far. My team seems to be weak to the types of pokemon I'm fighting overall. Also, for one event, I was overleveled, then I went into a gym and got wrecked because I was underleveled. Poisonpowder has yet to miss me. I'm finding very few new (gen 2) pokemon, and I hate the fact that different pokemon come out during the night and day. The phone thing is annoying, and I hope to hell it's not the only way to re-challenge trainers. The versus seeker was the best.
    Why would you even buy an old gen game? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Why would you even buy an old gen game? xD
    It's supposed to be the best gen ever. So, far, severely disappointed.

Did you battle the island gym leader too? If yes, then you will have to grind.

- - - Updated - - -

It's supposed to be the best gen ever. So, far, severely disappointed.
    Not at all. People saying that the best gen is not 6th are saying that because of nostalgia. 6th gen is objectively the best of every gen by far. 7th will be better, etc.

Mmh. That's really weird Pendulous O_O.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Not at all. People saying that the best gen is not 6th are saying that because of nostalgia. 6th gen is objectively the best of every gen by far. 7th will be better, etc.
    Not in the sense of Gen 2 is the best gen based on Pokemon themselves but in the sense of it's the best conceived game.
    I still think it's the most difficult Gen for exemple (Gen 4 not far behind), where Gen 6 is a joke to be honest. And well, 16 badges + Red fight.

In term of Pokemon themselves the newest will always be the best since it only adds awesome things on top of awesome things = More Awesome.