10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    Wait, do you mean Never Surrender? Or did they change something with Indomitable again that's not in the tooltip?
    The tooltip now reads "Never quote this without your morning coffee." My bad.

But isn't Booming Voice 50 Rage? Plus 20% damage? I'm not saying it's better than Ultimatum-Vengeance, but you needed a proc and Battle Cry to hit 46.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2016-05-08 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The tooltip now reads "Never quote this without your morning coffee." My bad.

But isn't Booming Voice 50 Rage? Plus 20% damage? I'm not saying it's better than Ultimatum-Vengeance, but you needed a proc and Battle Cry to hit 46.
    It is 50, but taking it means we don't get our cheaper IPs. Booming Voice is more reliable but slightly less powerful than Vengeance. It's a fairly good design choice - I have to hand it to them here. Though I think Booming Voice is more aimed at PvP. Not sure what the extra damage is going to do for us.

I still wish we had some way for our damage to contribute to our survivability. We have all these talents/abilities that up our damage, but none of them make a difference in how long we live. Imagine if Impending Victory healed for a percent of the damage it did. That would be fun! Or what if Focused Rage upped our attack power instead of our Shield Slam damage? Then you could spend 40 rage now for a reliable IP, or bank a couple FR charges for a bigger IP at a larger rage cost (you would have to drop FRs cost for this to be viable, of course). I suppose that's about the same as being able to pop IP twice, but it's more fun when things interact. Oh well. We can always dream. Or just play FFXIV. Their class design is top notch. Too bad their end game is so grindy.

- - - Updated - - -

Found the Never Surrender quote:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...316?page=9#167

CeleswatchingCiddieonthebeachtalon:

Never Surrender is a simple linear increase. Being at 25% health increases the Ignore Pain size by 75%.

New feedback thread up. Sadly, I didn't get into the beta either, so I can't post. At this point I think they're pretty set on things, so if there's only one piece of feedback I could give it would be this:

"Knowing that gearing up is going to decrease your resource generation takes all the fun out of gearing up, and gearing up is essentially the whole point of the game."

Would love if tons of people conveyed this in super simple terms. They still have time to fix this. If someone wanted to post my one line of feedback, that would be awesome, too.

Thread here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743765187

Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    New feedback thread up. Sadly, I didn't get into the beta either, so I can't post. At this point I think they're pretty set on things, so if there's only one piece of feedback I could give it would be this:

"Knowing that gearing up is going to decrease your resource generation takes all the fun out of gearing up, and gearing up is essentially the whole point of the game."

Would love if tons of people conveyed this in super simple terms. They still have time to fix this. If someone wanted to post my one line of feedback, that would be awesome, too.

Thread here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743765187
    All should be sorted now, added a previous note about IP too.

So whats the best talent setup for for a person that isnt going to upgrade this weapon for a while (outside of leftover relics) and just run dungeons?

Havent bothered with prot before now and I dont intend to tank anything but dungeons in legion.

So don't have time to read back through 70 pages lol, so I'll ask here.

Is ignore pain/shield block gonna work like barrier/block does on live? Shield block most of the time and weave in barriers? Are we gonna shield block most of the time and weave in IP?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1291 View Post
    So don't have time to read back through 70 pages lol, so I'll ask here.

Is ignore pain/shield block gonna work like barrier/block does on live? Shield block most of the time and weave in barriers? Are we gonna shield block most of the time and weave in IP?
    More or less, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    So whats the best talent setup for for a person that isnt going to upgrade this weapon for a while (outside of leftover relics) and just run dungeons?

Havent bothered with prot before now and I dont intend to tank anything but dungeons in legion.
    I would say there is a golden setup for everything, at least right now. There are of course some ways of dealing with certain things thought.

If you take a look at Tier 30, you won't choose Inspiring Presence for soloing, might be an option for 5's depends how do you look at it. On another hand if you like juicy Victory Rush hits that heals for 30% instead of 15% (Impending Victory) you would just stick to this talent anyway. I personally took IV in case I fight something bigger (elites etc).

In level 45 Tier... Renewed Fury and Ultimatum would depends on what is your choice at level 90 Tier. Ultimatum sounds great (and it is) with Vengeance, but if you are a fun of Into the Fray (because you hate slowness of our spec) you can easily go RF, if you feel strong enough with rage incoming to pop IP.

The tier that doesn't have much impact on soling, just go for Bounding Stride to run faster. For the dungeons itself you would probably could think about Crackling Thunder if you lack range (and cool animation) on TC, but that's about it.

While situation in level 75 (at least for me) is not changing at all no matter where I would go - Never Surrender is just too good.

When you get to last one, just ask yourself what is your playstyle. Do you want to have fun with Ravager/Neltharion's Fury and Battle Cry making your teammates pee themselves while you zerg whole packs each 1min? Or are you more cautious guy that feel 1.5sec longer shield block will save the group.

Main tier for you while going into dungeons are 45/90 which changes the way you act to be fair.
    - Ultimatum/Vengeance which gives you less rage per IP and constant OP-lovely-so-fantastic FR damage boost
    - Ultimatum or Renewed Fury/Into the Fray which gives you just lower CD on rage generating abilities (and block)

Until we r set in stone that these are our talents for sure, I would think about it yet. A lot can change in a day. Although my current thoughts about how Blizzard will react to Feedback thread are like "Minor upgrades, no changes".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liania View Post
    More or less, yeah.
    I would add a bit of - if you just SB on raids, you will die. IP has just slightly bigger value of importance right now and without it being used, we are a paper tank.

Deleted
    i don't think blizzard has yet realised just how boring tiers 60-100 are in the protection talent tree. so many passives, and only about half are anything to raise an eyebrow at. i wonder if they'll come to add in a few more active talents. i hope so.

Mainly from a PvP point of view.

Sucks that Sudden Death is gone. I'm sad to see Bloodbath and Dragon Roar gone for Protection. That's one of my favorite damage combos we have in live

Questions about Prot Warriors in Legion:

1) Do we still have defensive stance? I've seen videos on youtube where people show the ability book, and Defensive Stance is nowhere to be seen. Does that means we don't get 25% damage reduction now?
    2) How far does Dragon Charge goes?
    3) Is the glyph that makes your TC produce lightning effects gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post

Sucks that Sudden Death is gone. I'm sad to see Bloodbath and Dragon Roar gone for Protection. That's one of my favorite damage combos we have in live

1) Do we still have defensive stance? I've seen videos on youtube where people show the ability book, and Defensive Stance is nowhere to be seen. Does that means we don't get 25% damage reduction now?
    1) We do not have defensive stance anymore. It's a CD for Arms Warrior (DbtS replace it, talented)
    2) Never tested PvP
    3) That glyph so far was / is gone

There is a new build coming in tonight so I hope someone will again (Marok probably again?) re-paste our issues again and again. There are 2% of chances they will do something, but we all know how it ends.
    Last edited by Ashenia; 2016-05-19 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No changes, and no communication, huh? That's neat.

1) All stances for all tank classes (except bear) are gone. All of the buffs and passives from stances are just plain passives (except Bear). Every tank lost a lot of their innate mitigation from live. Our current passive is only a Stamina buff. I don't notice a huge difference from live.
    2) PvP Realms are down last time I checked, but it's something I want to look into anyway.
    3) The TC Effect glyph is in, but I haven't tried it out yet. Glyphs are in a weird state right now. A similar effect is applied to the talent "Crackling Thunder" and its look is immensely better than the glyph on live. You probably won't be using that in PvP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    No changes, and no communication, huh? That's neat.

Why this doesn't surprise me? We are treated as final product, that's about it. You know, screw that RFDT but channel ability and FR? At least sort this and we could call it "fine" expansion as it wouldn't be THAT bad.

I'm just worried that further in expansion we go, more painful it will become (RFDT vs formula and IP scaling).

Quote Originally Posted by Yse View Post
    Why this doesn't surprise me? We are treated as final product, that's about it. You know, screw that RFDT but channel ability and FR? At least sort this and we could call it "fine" expansion as it wouldn't be THAT bad.

I'm just worried that further in expansion we go, more painful it will become (RFDT vs formula and IP scaling).
    If only I could threaten them with unsubbing.... Unfortunately I'd most likely swap classes before unsubbing to keep playing with my guild and friends. I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling that way and I'm sure that's why Blizzard doesn't care on the warrior front. They aren't losing anything.

Edit: They don't even get anything from me anyways.... Pay with gold... I COULDN'T EVEN THREATEN IT IF I WANTED FUCK.

Deleted
    Artifact talent: "Dragon Skin - increases the total damage ignored by Ignore Pain by 2/4/6/8/10%."

Does it essentially make IP eventually ignore 100% of incoming damage and not just 90%? Don't have beta to test it myself...

Quote Originally Posted by L Kebess View Post
    Artifact talent: "Dragon Skin - increases the total damage ignored by Ignore Pain by 2/4/6/8/10%."
    Does it essentially make IP eventually ignore 100% of incoming damage and not just 90%? Don't have beta to test it myself...
    No. IP is always flat 90% dmg absorb. You can only improve amount of dmg absorbed before mitigation expires

The current WoW Design team is so retarded. Is basically pointless to post any feedback, they don't engage at all or state why something has been changed when it clearly worked and has worked for many years.

Now with the need to get a build ready for the pre patch event, there is no way we are going to get any issues looked at, so is best to assume we are shipping just how we are and is pretty annoying to have to play an inferior version of our spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastyn View Post
    The current WoW Design team is so retarded. Is basically pointless to post any feedback, they don't engage at all or state why something has been changed when it clearly worked and has worked for many years.

Now with the need to get a build ready for the pre patch event, there is no way we are going to get any issues looked at, so is best to assume we are shipping just how we are and is pretty annoying to have to play an inferior version of our spec.
    Oh hi Beastyn. Just do what I'm doing, and shelve my prot warrior for the next expansion.

2) I didn't count, but from my duel use of it, it felt like 40 yards. It brought me from training dummies in Shrine of Seven Stars to the entrance into the building (Alliance version).

Quote Originally Posted by Beastyn View Post

They engaged in plenty of feedback and long discussions, and had multiple iterations of talents and abilities. Just not.. with protection warriors.
    Still, they did listen to some of the feedback, and silently changed stuff. Like Second Wind, no self-healing, and artifact ability, among other things.
    Why did Blizzard change from a very fun WoD rage model to the extremely boring one though - I will never see the reason.