Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Most people probably missed this

I couldn't remember who Nova was when I took the test and I came across that video. Ignored it until you posted it and now....omg that shit is funny.

I was wating for her to go (WILL YOU FUCKEN STOP ALREADY)

I think I am starting to understand why Nova fits me lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Yeah. I understand they needing extra time for polish and changes but with Overwatch fever at an all time high , plus releases of established big name IPs like Doom and Uncharted, the world won't look twice at a game like Battleborn.

Overall i really think the game deserves way more attention than its getting, and here's to hoping Gearbox will support it beyond the season pass, because as it stands, its bound to be left in the shadow of that game it keeps getting (unfairly) compared to.
    The characters are definitely charming and unique. That alone is almost enough for me to get it.

I don't really understand what you are saying. The season pass is optional, it'll give you the future DLC and you can just buy it ahead of time. It's exactly what you were wanting. A micro transaction, it's just not skins.

So we are really asking the question is it worth $60? My answer is yes, since this game is unfairly compared to overwatch all the time, both are $60 (unless you are PC) and overwatch has significantly less content. It might be extremely well polished like all blizzard games but there is no variety in game modes, only maps. While Battleborn only has 2 maps per game mode, they at least have 3 game modes AND a story campaign which is also getting updated and 3 new maps are being tested right now for the multiplayer modes and we are getting 5 new heroes, which one is getting ready to finish up (overwatch is getting 2 heroes way down the line).

Will a price drop help? Of course, that says it for any game though.

- - - Updated - - -

also which battleborn character are you quiz

https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/215222/w...leborn-are-you

I got kleese which is interesting because how I was answering the questions I was thinking I'd get Toby or Deeande

I do like kleese though, love his healing style (shield healing)
    You are paying $60 for a moba with 6-7 story missions. Once you are done with the story modes it's a moba. You can get more story for $20 eventually which you will get tired of after a few runs. Then you are left with the moba and Mobas make money by getting people in the door free and charging for things you don't need to win like skins. You can't do jack in this game until you pay $60, so you can't try it to see if you like it. That's going to be the death of this game. The less people who can play it the longer the queues and the worse experience you are going to have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You are paying $60 for a moba with 6-7 story missions. Once you are done with the story modes it's a moba. You can get more story for $20 eventually which you will get tired of after a few runs. Then you are left with the moba and Mobas make money by getting people in the door free and charging for things you don't need to win like skins. You can't do jack in this game until you pay $60, so you can't try it to see if you like it. That's going to be the death of this game. The less people who can play it the longer the queues and the worse experience you are going to have.
    Overwatch is 60$ and doesn't even have those missions, yet people buy that crap like crazy.

It's not mad who asks the price, it's mad who pays it.

Its almost like people enjoy different things and have different opinions on what is priced good and not.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You are paying $60 for a moba
    It has one mode that is a moba, the game isn't a moba it's just a hero shooter. And it might not be enough content for you but imo it has more content than alot of games that came out for $60. Overwatch for one and what was that game that 3/4 of the gameplay were just cut scenes? The order 1886?

I'm not saying a price drop won't help it or anything but 60 bucks is pretty standard.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It has one mode that is a moba, the game isn't a moba it's just a hero shooter. And it might not be enough content for you but imo it has more content than alot of games that came out for $60. Overwatch for one and what was that game that 3/4 of the gameplay were just cut scenes? The order 1886?

I'm not saying a price drop won't help it or anything but 60 bucks is pretty standard.
    It is a moba not a hero shooter, overwatch is a hero shooter, this is a moba with story mode. I have been playing the game since open beta weekend. It has 3 modes that are moba, it has a single player and a multiplayer story mode. 60 bucks may be standard on consoles but that doesn't mean that it is a good price point for this game. Once you are burned out on storymode the game is just a moba. You will burn out on storymode faster than they can create more.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-17 at 07:29 PM.

Not all modes are moba, hence the game is not 100% a moba. Like I said before it has elements and a mode that is moba but in general it's not
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Not all modes are moba, hence the game is not 100% a moba. Like I said before it has elements and a mode that is moba but in general it's not
    I didn't say all modes were moba, I said 3 modes were. You said it had 1 mode that was moba which is false. I also said it has story mode which you can do multiplayer or single player but it is the same story and not all characters will be able to do single player storymode as it was not balanced for all characters. It is not a hero shooter at all.

Once you are burned out on the storymode, and you will be within a week or two, all that is left is moba mode to keep the game interesting until they put more content out which you will quickly burn out on again.

It is a moba with a storymode. The moba portion is actually very good and very clean, makes smite feel like smite is decades old but unfortunately the cost to even try the game is going to keep this game from being a success. It should be f2p even on PS4 and Xbox, downloaded for free from their market places with access to 3 characters to at least give you a taste of the game for free. Then charge money for the ful version.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-17 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got Shayne & Aurox on that quiz. Think its spot on.

I have to say that as a ranged player I really hate Toby, not because he isn't fun but rather his fat ass keeps getting in the way of my shots. Double for tanks, they need to spin guys and put their backs to shooters.

Most people probably missed this

I will airlock the hell out of you. I fucking love Nova.

got Shayne And Aurox on the quiz ,pretty accurate

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    got Shayne And Aurox on the quiz ,pretty accurate
    Is there a test out there that I am missing?

Ended up getting Ambra on that quiz. Not surprised. Still haven't tried out that character, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I tried Ambra, I personally like Reyna better. Not only refreshes shields with an overshield (and herself) but can be talented pretty early to heal as well. Deals damage, debuffs enemies and puts huge ass targets on targets that need to go down fast. With cooldown bonuses she can not only keep her party healed but refreshing shields instantly keeps them from taking further damage.

For team synergy in Moba battles Ambra is better, basically leaves healing stations all over the map, Reyna has to be where damage is being dealt to help the team and can't be everywhere when people are getting damaged. But PVE? Reyna all day.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-18 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reyna in PvE is pretty great. Just unlocked Ghalt. Thats the full roster. Focusing on Deande atm though, enjoyng her playstyle. Looking foward to the next characters coming out.

I'm not big on the moba portion of the game, I would have to play it a long time to get good enough to be a threat and OW is coming out soon. In PVE I am trying Kelvin next, just unlocked him. I do enjoy Attikus's feel that I am a slugging machine. Oscar Mike and Marquis are my go to characters, Reyna if no one picks a healer.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    the game isn't a moba it's just a hero shooter.
    Funny, everyone else always says it's unfair to compare Overwatch to this because this isn't a hero shooter like Overwatch.

Anyway, I'd say DeadmanWalking's correct, they handled the pricing wrong. I'm not going to say it's not worth $60 (though to me it's not), but evidently it's not doing too hot.

This game needs the ability to re-choose your champion in storymode after locking in. Today I had a match where I waited to see what other people chose before picking to balance the group and it was down to me and another player. I waited long enough and selected Boldur and the other player selected Boldur at the same fucking time meaning no healer. None the less to say we were not happy.

I would also like to see a daily system with rewards in it.