Thread: Whither Thrall?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If the Elements punished Thrall by not responding to him from the time he killed Garrosh then how is he able to use them during the Broken Shore Scenario?

Deleted
    In all fairness, Thrall should have had at least some interaction with AU Grommash. He is hardly ignored though.

Honestly, I don't have that much of an issue with Thrall. My only issue was his Cata usage but I think his role during MoP and WoD were fitting, which ironically only happened because of his Cata usage.

See? He's one of those characters that make my head spin and I don't like that, so he's hardly ignored goddammit.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the elements abandon thrall in legion. it's why he passes the doomhammer to someone new.
    Which makes no sense, the way it happens......
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    As much i know he has quite a role in Legion, at least the beginning.

Spoilers ahead:
    He is in the shaman artifact quests. In one (the enhancement shaman one) he gets either injured or looses his will to fight and passes the doomhammer to the player character.

Thrall's role in MoP and WoD wasn't as prominent as it was in Cata but was most certainly still there, mostly on the horde side.

He makes a few appearances horde side in the 5.1 and 5.3 quests.
    He shows up again in 5.4, even in the cinematic.
    He's with you from the start in WoD and makes a few appearances during the leveling, and is the star of both factions at the climax of the leveling experience in Nagrand.

I hear Thrall is also in Legion and is involved in the shaman class hall, especially the Doomhammer artifact quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylinkdave View Post
    Nope. Looking for answers. Thrall is not mentioned in anything I have read about Legion.
    He is part of the Enhancment shaman Doomhammer quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    In all fairness, Thrall should have had at least some interaction with AU Grommash. He is hardly ignored though.

Honestly, I don't have that much of an issue with Thrall. My only issue was his Cata usage but I think his role during MoP and WoD were fitting, which ironically only happened because of his Cata usage.

See? He's one of those characters that make my head spin and I don't like that, so he's hardly ignored goddammit.
    Even in Cata I don't really mind the overall main role he had, it was the fact that he took the spotlight in places he had no business being in that was annoying, stealing the plotlight with certain storylines that had nothing to do with him.

He hasn't been "Thrall" since ... well, probably Warcraft 3, really. In Classic, he was too quiet. In TBC he had a nice cameo spot which worked well. Come Wrath, he was already taking a backseat to Garrosh which only carried on through Cataclysm (he became more important to the story, yes, but less important to the Horde he founded). Downhill since.

As far as I'm concerned, Aggra has his man-berries in a box and "Thrall" is gone. There's some green orc-y guy in his place now.

Someone probably already told the gist of it, but here's how I've understood it: The elements of Azeroth somehow found out Thrall used the elements of Draenor to cheat in his Mak'gora match against Garrosh. Using the elements in a mortal feud probably wasn't to their liking and thus they refuse to cooperate with him until further notice. That's made Thrall sad and a PC enhancing shaman gets to play with the hammer till he's regained the favor of the elements.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    If the Elements punished Thrall by not responding to him from the time he killed Garrosh then how is he able to use them during the Broken Shore Scenario?
    There's no other important Horde Shaman, so they had to cheat on that.

Don't even mention Rehgar, this character should stay in the Shaman Order Hall and rot there until he loses the <Hero of the Storm> title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    I don't want to be alive when they make a expansion where he's in the spotlight then o_o
    He's right though.

What screentime did Thrall actually have in the last 3 expansions? Only Cataclysm has him doing stuff.

Cataclysm - he's featured in the Firelands trailer, has his little questchain/marriage (the one where people started to hate the whole Go'el thing) and he's part of the Deathwing raid. Fair enough, I understand the complaints on this expansion.
    Mists of Pandaria - just the final battle with Garrosh. No reason to bitch about.
    Warlords of Draenor - just the Draenor intro chain and the confrontation cutscene with Garrosh. Again no reason to bitch about.

I'd say Garrosh got a LOT more screentime the last 3 expansions than Thrall. Heck even Varian got more screentime, even being in an actual cinematic. When's the last time we saw Thrall in a cinematic? Warcraft 3?

People seem to have this weird idea that Thrall is everywhere but when you stop and actually think about when he shows up it's actually a lot less than you think.
    Last edited by mmoceb1605b3cd; 2016-05-18 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Even in Cata I don't really mind the overall main role he had, it was the fact that he took the spotlight in places he had no business being in that was annoying, stealing the plotlight with certain storylines that had nothing to do with him.
    I can relate. Thrall IS a main character and no amount of hatred and butthurt will change that, period. However, that said, we need other fleshed out characters to become as relevant.

I think that if Thrall never became neutral and remained a very heroic Horde, with Varian being his true counterpart, people wouldn't have felt as bitter.

7+ Year Old Account
    you kidding? ever even played cata?

from a strong and good warchief, to a shamanic kill stealing bitch.
    never again.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Skylinkdave View Post
    What is up with Thrall in Legion? Is he just sitting on his ass again? Sorry if I sound critical, but he's actually one of my favorite characters in Warcraft lore, and this will be the third expansion where he will be ignored.
    Stopped at ( on my favorite characters). You clearly have bad taste and like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    I can relate. Thrall IS a main character and no amount of hatred and butthurt will change that, period. However, that said, we need other fleshed out characters to become as relevant.

I think that if Thrall never became neutral and remained a very heroic Horde, with Varian being his true counterpart, people wouldn't have felt as bitter.
    To elaborate: I don't mind him helping the dragon aspects, or role as the central character in Cata overall. I do think it was a mistake to use the character who had up until that point been WARCHIEF but I can get over that. My issue is things like: Taking the spotlight in the Firelands patch trailer. His 'elemental bonds' storyline derailing the restoration of Nordrassil plot, which is never resolved in game. Him being the one to confront Benedictus. Imagine if Drek'Thar had gone mad in Cata and we had a scene where Anduin lectures him on what it means to be a shaman and how could he let his people down. Voice files in the beta had this confrontation going on with Varian which would have been more meaningful. And the fact that Staghelm's only meaningful villain scene outside of actually fighting him was, of course, confronting Thrall and not Malfurion, the character he has history with.

enough Thrall fucking hell

i cant stand this character anymore, and i play horde and follow the lore.
    Let him die or go live with the elements to bumfuck land far away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Stopped at ( on my favorite characters). You clearly have bad taste and like shit.
    You don't like him that's fine, but you are no authority in taste I am afraid; none of us is, in fact, and yet you don't see us call shit taste while sounding bitter as shit.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    He's right though.

What screentime did Thrall actually have in the last 3 expansions? Only Cataclysm has him doing stuff.

Cataclysm - he's featured in the Firelands trailer, has his little questchain/marriage (the one where people started to hate the whole Go'el thing) and he's part of the Deathwing raid. Fair enough, I understand the complaints on this expansion.
    Mists of Pandaria - just the final battle with Garrosh. No reason to bitch about.
    Warlords of Draenor - just the Draenor intro chain and the confrontation cutscene with Garrosh. Again no reason to bitch about.
    Mists is the least worrying of those examples. But in Draenor, as Horde, I remember Thrall, Durotan and Co. running around with me in lots of quests. While he didn't get the spotlight, he was there. Khadgar too. But hey, Khadgar wasn't around in the previous expansion. And the one before.

People don't have this idea that Thrall is everywhere, but if you want to see Thrall in a storyline, it's easy to find him. Too much easy, while other characters vanish for lots of time - Greymane and his Worgen, for example, are surfacing after their... hiatus. People would dislike Thrall a little less if we saw more of other characters, which is apparently happening in Legion. If giving him less screentime would make more characters appear in a expansion, I would be all for it.

I still am trying to understand how is he able to use the Elements even making a bridge to the Broken Shore Scenario if the Elements were not responding him from the Garrosh Encounter? Do they have a mood switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    I still am trying to understand how is he able to use the Elements even making a bridge to the Broken Shore Scenario if the Elements were not responding him from the Garrosh Encounter? Do they have a mood switch?
    It is not that they were not responding to him at all. They still helped but not nearly to the same degree.