Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah pretty much any Bethesda post skyrim game has that helmet model somewhere as an egg, but I had a good giggle at the arrow.

Love the game, just wish I could get a solid 60 fps. No matter what I do it always drops to 30 when things get hectic. Maybe the update that's supposed to be coming will help but I might have to wait till I can afford a new processor since I assume that's the problem (i5 2300 @ 2.80 GHz, GTX 670).

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Love the game, just wish I could get a solid 60 fps. No matter what I do it always drops to 30 when things get hectic. Maybe the update that's supposed to be coming will help but I might have to wait till I can afford a new processor since I assume that's the problem (i5 2300 @ 2.80 GHz, GTX 670).
    Yeah my laptop is a few years old now, least it slows down to "bullet time" rather than stutter like older games did when they struggled.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Been playing the game since launch and loving it, single player feels like Doom II with elements of Quake II thrown in, multiplayer feels like Doom II with elements of Quake 3 thrown in and the map editor is great. This is the game Doom III should have been

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope they'll release single player DLC or expansion at some point. I'm really craving for more Doom.
    The season pass is all multiplayer.

Hope Doom will be a big hit so they'll add content in time, or maybe even another installment in 2-3 years.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Do you have Vsync turned on? If so switch it to Adaptive and see if that makes a difference for you.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Does the Shotgun feels as fun and useful as the one from the first games, or is just something you end up ignoring after you get better weapons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    Does the Shotgun feels as fun and useful as the one from the first games, or is just something you end up ignoring after you get better weapons?
    The super shotgun does massive damage at close range. The regular shotgun you can ignore but it has a mod where it turns into a grenade launcher at which point it has some uses.

Deleted
    Just finished it and it was a lot of fun. The action keeps you going. Also great atmosphere in the levels, especially Hell, and the music is great too.

Could've used some more bosses though and the story is a bit... lacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the super shotgun is awesome. The normal one not so much besides the launcher.

If you fully unlock the super shotgun you can fire twice before reloading. Since the game is so fast paced you'll have little trouble rushing to close range, shoot a face and move out again. Most monster's can't be oneshot (except the small cannon-fodder mobs like the zombies and imps) but a Revenant or Hell Razer should go down in 2-3 well placed shots most of the time.

Dancing with a Baron of Hell while only using your super shotgun to kill it is awesome btw
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Quote Originally Posted by Gobboz View Post
    Do you have Vsync turned on? If so switch it to Adaptive and see if that makes a difference for you.
    Unfortunately if I do that I'll have to deal with alot of screen tearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The shotgun seems to have the most ammo pick-ups in the game. I think I spent more time using it than any other gun. I'd say it's about as powerful as the old-school ones. Also, Exploding shells (and its final upgrade) make it insanely useful.

I'd have to say about the most worthless gun in the game is the plasma rifle. It just sucks. It chews through ammo (like it used to), but each shot doesn't do all that much damage. I found the Heavy Machine Gun to be much more bang per shot, and it can function as a machine gun, sniper rifle, and a rocket launcher. If you're going to use a gun that uses plasma rounds, just use the Gauss Cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    If you're going to use a gun that uses plasma rounds, just use the Gauss Cannon.
    Which is an awesome gun Kinda heavy on the ammo side (but with the Rich Get Richer Rune that'll be a non issue mostly) but invest in the Siege Mode and you'll one-shot a pack of Cacodemons from the other side of the room.

Started using it way too late considering the powerhouse it is once you get Mobile Siege unlocked.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda liked plasma explosive upgrade. It doesn't use ammo, charges itself passively (with mastery) and does decent damage. Helps when you're running around from tougher opponents and want to kill some cannon fodder around you. Sure, the damage pales when compared to Gauss, but it's much safer to use. Stopping to aim that thing when you're being chased by Hell Knights, Barons or Pinkies is rather risky. I wouldn't normally care, but Imps can actually do surprising amount of damage if left unchecked.

It was my go to weapon the entire game after I moved on from the pistol. Once you get the cluster bomb upgrade it becomes a power house. Does a lot of damage for the cost. I was even using it for a good chunk of most boss fights.

I mostly used the shotgun, heavy rifle and rocket launcher. With the gauss canon for serious times. It feels like all the weapons has their place except for the plasma rifle as mentioned. I swear I only used it when I accidentally switched to it in the middle of a fight.

Finished the game on ultra violence tonight, with all but 2 levels fully completed on replays. Enjoyed every second of it but some of the last areas are making me shit myself for my nightmare run. It's the best fps in a long time and made me realise how much I missed these types of fps. My only complaints are the bosses felt a bit lackluster, especially the last one. Would've like to see more variety and not just a boss in a large open arena with attack patterns to learn every time. A boss with adds in a large 'normal' type of area would've helped (or something else). I didn't expect much from the story and it delivered on that front, a bit more closure or more background on the doomslayer would've gone a long way. They're my only real complaints and they're not that serious. I wasn't expecting much from this game and it's gone above and beyond in impressing me. I'm going back to find those last few secrets now, even if that is just an excuse to kill more demons.

Edit: Also, just a hint for necropolis. One of the secrets is a call back to doom 2. I only found it by pure accident but it's a good easter egg on reflection.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2016-05-18 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I didn't expect much from the story and it delivered on that front, a bit more closure or more background on the doomslayer would've gone a long way.
    Isn't the entire Doomslayer story basically Doom 3? The doomslayer going into hell, finding the Titan, slaying it etc etc At least that's what I was thinking.

Agreed on the boss battles! I fought harder 'rooms' in the game than the boss battles where.

Also, does anybody know why at certain area's within (I think) each level you hear footsteps going on at the other side of the wall? Not normal footsteps but I imagined it being a Arachnotron from Doom 2. There where points you'd hear 'it' walking around with a metal on metal sound but there where no secrets left to be discovered. So alas I never found out what the footsteps where.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Isn't the entire Doomslayer story basically Doom 3? The doomslayer going into hell, finding the Titan, slaying it etc etc At least that's what I was thinking.
    Could be. It's been a long time since I played that. Don't remember much beyond the start and the boss but that explains that.

The bosses were terrible once I switched to the Gauss Rifle. My next playthough I'm going to bump the difficulty and not use the Gauss at all, it completely trivializes the game.

Doom, The best looking 60fps consoler shooter?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well, that was 40 euros down the drain.

Graphics: Nice enough.
    Plot/Setting: Same tired, old demonic invasion shit.
    Gameplay: 1. Run around like a maniac so the demons can't hit you while you're gunning them down. 2. Go to step 1.

If you're like me who haven't really been enjoying games like this in years but thought Doom might just be the one after a long while: save your money for something else.

UPDATE: I gave the game another couple hours and it got surprisingly more fun with more guns and upgrades. I'd stay the game still takes a bit of a mindset to really get into, but if you manage that it does seem pretty enjoyable.
    Last edited by Barael; 2016-05-20 at 05:42 AM.