Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    My question ends up being what the purpose of these tests are. Let's take the pull up one...what does that correlate to in the field? If a woman can't do pullups what risk does that pose?

I hate pull ups. With a passion. My arms have never been my strong part. Stupid weak ass shoulders of mine.
    Much like education it is meant to be a well rounded way of measurement.

Sort of like in school having to take home economics, woodshop class, or even go as far as saying algebra. (who the hell uses algebra outside of specific skill sets?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The point I was making is that these videos are pointless, since they pose zero evidence for anything.
    You could enlist the entire military into a pugil sticks competition, and in the end you're left with 1 single worth it soldier lol
    All others are too weak, because they've lost.
    Losing is one thing. Being unable to defend yourself is another. She was a turtle on it's shell. The men in the clip you posted at least were able to get back up and defend themselves. She was as good as dead.

Losing in this test, is on a contact point system. You had to get clear hits. Beside not being able to score a hit, she wasn't able to to stay on her feet. She wasn't ready for this it appears.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

My question ends up being what the purpose of these tests are. Let's take the pull up one...what does that correlate to in the field? If a woman can't do pullups what risk does that pose?

I hate pull ups. With a passion. My arms have never been my strong part. Stupid weak ass shoulders of mine.
    Have you ever tried to pull yourself up an 8 ft grape row with an assault pack and weapon? Being able to pull yourself up is important in a field situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The point I was making is that these videos are pointless, since they pose zero evidence for anything.
    You could enlist the entire military into a pugil sticks competition, and in the end you're left with 1 single worth it soldier lol
    All others are too weak, because they've lost.
    Well i wouldn't say its because she lost. I would say its more because she was unable to defend herself. Meanwhile the other matches did have loser but they did defend theirselves.

10+ Year Old Account

Get you and your 50lbs of gear up over this wall. You have 5 seconds. Move!

Women may be physically less advantageous compared to men, but they took active role in wars throughout history, including actual battles (mostly in modern times). They often work behind the battlefield, maintaining logistics. They can be jet pilot, chopper pilot, drone pilot, AWAC operator so on and so forth but it's not limited to that. They participate in battles too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Much like education it is meant to be a well rounded way of measurement.
    I get that, but it really should be relevant to the actual tasks. Like -- don't firefighters have a test where they have to carry and actual hose up a certain number of stairs in a certain time?

That makes 100% sense to me as an admission test criteria. But pull ups?

Of course I'll admit bias here -- even when I was in prime shape and no one would even think to say I was physically unfit I struggled to do pull ups. But I'd have no issue carrying equipment, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Women may be physically less advantageous compared to men, but they took active role in wars throughout history, including actual battles (mostly in modern times). They often work behind the battlefield, maintaining logistics. They can be jet pilot, chopper pilot, drone pilot, AWAC operator so on and so forth but it's not limited to that. They participate in battle too.
    It is true! Women have been very important in wars for as long as we can know. There will always be women who are just as physically prepared as men. And those who earn their place, are welcome to it.

I still do not see any reason that we should consider lowering standards for those who don't meet them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Have you ever tried to pull yourself up an 8 ft grape row with an assault pack and weapon? Being able to pull yourself up is important in a field situation.
    Then why isn't the admittance test having to pull yourself up an 8 ft grape row with an assault pack and weapon?

If someone (gender doesn't really matter frankly) could somehow compensate either with other muscles or adrenaline that wouldn't necessarily apply to just a straight pull up, shouldn't that be more relevant for admittance?

I guess this really is getting off topic...

Women may be physically less advantageous compared to men, but they took active role in wars throughout history, including actual battles (mostly in modern times). They often work behind the battlefield, maintaining logistics. They can be jet pilot, chopper pilot, drone pilot, AWAC operator so on and so forth but it's not limited to that. They participate in battles too.
    I don't think you'll find anyone who will argue otherwise. However the topic now a days is specifically roles like infantry and as someone else pointed out, lowering recruitment standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Get you and your 50lbs of gear up over this wall. You have 5 seconds. Move!
    I could brace with my legs and propel myself over it. Problem solved. Can't do that with a pull up.

Woman played a different role in most dark age battles then the men did. They were rarely there to engage in the battle but to cause morale issues.

Give up.

there has literally been studies done that show that combat units perform worse overall with mixed sexes.

I've known several soldiers who have seen both brothers and sisters die infront of them, and which affects them worse? the women. they can't even explain it themselves. it's a subconcious thing.

either way, I do not believe in mixed units, if women want to serve/be frontline troops. make a unit OF women. tests show that men perform lower in the mixed units. (the same men then tested higher when in male units.)

now I await some sissy to come in and tell me that the results are biased, and the military is out to get the wimmenz etc etc.. despite a complete lack of evidence.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

I could brace with my legs and propel myself over it. Problem solved. Can't do that with a pull up.
    I barely believe that.

Besides watching privates beat the crap out of eachother, pugils are meant to teach them bayonet movements, for those that were wondering .

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that, but it really should be relevant to the actual tasks. Like -- don't firefighters have a test where they have to carry and actual hose up a certain number of stairs in a certain time?

That makes 100% sense to me as an admission test criteria. But pull ups?

Of course I'll admit bias here -- even when I was in prime shape and no one would even think to say I was physically unfit I struggled to do pull ups. But I'd have no issue carrying equipment, etc.
    Different muscles do different jobs. Pull ups are to strengthen your ability to...pull yourself up, lol. Pulls ups really won't help you with slinging weight over your shoulder and moving forward though. That is a lot of back muscles, and core. Shoulders and biceps (pulls ups) will help you more when you need to pull your body weight plus more up on or over a surface above your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Give up.

there has literally been studies done that show that combat units perform worse overall with mixed sexes.

I've known several soldiers who have seen both brothers and sisters die infront of them, and which affects them worse? the women. they can't even explain it themselves. it's a subconcious thing.

either way, I do not believe in mixed units, if women want to serve/be frontline troops. make a unit OF women. tests show that men perform lower in the mixed units. (the same men then tested higher when in male units.)

now I await some sissy to come in and tell me that the results are biased, and the military is out to get the wimmenz etc etc.. despite a complete lack of evidence.
    It's absolutely true, and I recall a very angry CSM lighting up the chain of command because it went ignored. Regardless, you can tell the higher brass anything. Politics and publicity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    I barely believe that.
    Same. Not sure I understand what he is saying though. Sounds like he thinks he is a cricket or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I don't think you'll find anyone who will argue otherwise. However the topic now a days is specifically roles like infantry and as someone else pointed out, lowering recruitment standards.
    No professional army will lower the standards. I know for a fact that Turkish Army doesn't. I am quite positive that American Army won't as well.

Her mistake was she tried to tank the charge from a much larger opponent. Had nothing to do with gender. If I had tried to stand there and take that charge I'd have fared exactly the same as she did.