That's a nice car mate! I wish I still had my 64 1/2 mustang, unfortunately lost it due to my parents divorce a few years back.

Hiya pOO!

Deleted
    pOO, how can I reduce muscle pains after workout? It hurts to move right now and I just wanna lay down

Did you stretch after your workout? If not do a light workout of the same stuff to loosen yourself up.

Deleted
    I did. I'm not gonna workout now....

Hmm, that's interesting. Did you push yourself especially hard?

Deleted
    The pain isn't bad, just very annoying.

That's the sign of a good workout.

Deleted
    Well that's false, but can I reduce the annoyingness of it?

Nope. Gotta deal with it unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post

Hey pOO
    Hai Xan!

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post

That's a nice car mate! I wish I still had my 64 1/2 mustang, unfortunately lost it due to my parents divorce a few years back.

Hiya pOO!
    Hai DJ!

That really sucks!
    A friend of mine owns a 69 Mustang Mach 1 with the original 351 Windsor motor. It was his mom's car when she was in high school or something. It's in kinda rough shape but he is slowly restoring it. There are 3 mid-late sixties mustangs really close to my house and there is a guy in Cashmere that owns some Oldsmobile 442's
    I also saw a lime green Plymouth Superbird in Wenatchee a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    pOO, how can I reduce muscle pains after workout? It hurts to move right now and I just wanna lay down
    Are your muscles sore or in lots of pain? What exercises did you do?

Did you stretch after your workout? If not do a light workout of the same stuff to loosen yourself up.
    This is good advice^

If your muscles are just sore, then that is normal. Were you doing weight lifting or some sort of cardio exercise?

Deleted
    Well you're all useless! Why don't you cast some magic already

(I did body weight exercises after a short run)

Creatine Monohydrate is good for muscle recovery I think. As well as protein and omega-3.

If you get these kind of pains often then you might want to look into some shower gel with a cooling effect, it could work.

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account

Okay, that is totally normal. I did chest, tricep, and shoulders yesterday and I will be very sore for 3 days afterwards.
    Things like body weight exercises and weight lifting are controlled trauma. Doing those exercises cause micro tears in your muscles, you are feeling those traumatized muscles healing. Soreness can last from 1-5 days.

Do not do that same exercise the next day or until your muscles are no longer sore, find other exercise to do until those muscles have healed. If you do that exercise without letting your muscles heal, you could injure yourself. Doing that same exercise or working those same muscles before they are healed will just re-tear those micro tears and you won't make any progress.

Weight lifting and stuff like that causes your muscle fibers to have micro tears, it's completely normal. Your muscle cells will repair and become bigger and stronger over time. You do not grow any new muscle, they just grow back bigger and stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Creatine Monohydrate is good for muscle recovery I think. As well as protein and omega-3.

If you get these kind of pains often then you might want to look into some shower gel with a cooling effect, it could work.

- - - Updated - - -

I would stay away from Creatine unless you are an athlete or avid gym rat with good knowledge of that stuff. I would also consult a doctor before using it.

Protein, omega-3, and BCAA's are a good way to go.

Hai Knslyr!

Deleted
    Okay thanks for the info pOO! I can't do the exercises until I don't feel sore yet though? I'll probably feel this way for a few days longer than until next workout =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay thanks for the info pOO! I can't do the exercises until I don't feel sore yet though? I'll probably feel this way for a few days longer than until next workout =/
    Just find exercises that work different muscles groups to fill in the gap until you can do that one again. That's part of the reason why weight lifters have a 'Leg day", "chest and triceps day", and so on. It allows them to work other muscles while they are waiting for other ones to heal. I did chest, triceps, and shoulders yesterday and will be doing forearms, biceps, and back tomorrow. If you do that same exercise the next day while your muscles are sore, you are at a greater risk for injury, you're going to be weaker, and will keep yourself from progressing. Getting plenty of rest and allowing your body to recover is very important.

- - - Updated - - -

When I first started doing ab workouts, it would take me a week before my muscles stopped being sore. I would always wait until my muscles were not sore before I did the exercise again. Because of that, I was able to gain strength, build muscles, and over time my muscles healed quicker, allowing me to do the exercise more frequently. Taking protein and BCAA's after a workout will also help.

Yeah if i've been off the workout for a bit, it's definitely some growing pains getting back. Changing up your workout fairly often is a good idea as well. Shocking the body as the term goes allows for more muscle growth, even if you feel like you got hit by a train the next day.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah if i've been off the workout for a bit, it's definitely some growing pains getting back. Changing up your workout fairly often is a good idea as well. Shocking the body as the term goes allows for more muscle growth, even if you feel like you got hit by a train the next day.
    ^^^QFT!

3 months ago, I started working out for the first time since high school (8 years), and it really kicked my butt.