Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The point I was making is that these videos are pointless, since they pose zero evidence for anything.
    You could enlist the entire military into a pugil sticks competition, and in the end you're left with 1 single worth it soldier lol
    All others are too weak, because they've lost.
    The point isn't to have one survivor, it's to weed out the worst performers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    They are lot of women in the israeli armed force too. Never heard oh them being weak.

But hey, a weak woman lost a pugil stick fight. Certainly more relevant than actual real situation evidence.
    As mentioned earlier, it is a completely different mentality. In places like Israel, soldiers are trained at a younger age, as a requirement. They have a militant nation. We do not raise our women with expectations for them to see combat. We raise them to think about a future of college and a career.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Which is wrong and stupid. So long as those standards are the same exact standards the men are being held to, then the women don't have an argument.
    I agree completely.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    You obviously don't know how hard it is to turn civilians into soldiers, let alone motivated ones. Their effort shows they can surpass your average male soldiers expecations. Both physical and mental.

But that's the problem you don't understand. You can't just have a male that is stronger and faster. The turnover rate in units is high, from ETS and PCS. Many don't workout on their own time outside of morning pt. It's not as simple as you make it sound.

Out of 160 male soldiers in BCT or OSUT, how many of them do you think scored a 70 or higher in each event? Not many, maybe a quarter of them if you have a good cycle of kids. You can't just have a surplus of fit males. That's why your last resort comment is moot. As is fit males. Even ranger bat sends their guys back to the regular units for being dirtbags.
    Then why are they held to a lower standard?

Demand of them what you demand of male soldiers. Then I would shut up.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That's quite the strawman you've constructed. Sexual dimorphism is a thing, we understand that. Women are less likely to be as strong as men, we understand that. HOWEVER, there are women who are physically strong, who can fight, who are tough, and there's no reason why they can't be in combat roles, if they can pass the standards.

I do agree though, we shouldn't be lowering standards in the name of equality. Just get rid of the "no women in combat roles" ban, and those that make it, great. Those that don't, too bad, there are other important military jobs you can take.
    See one of my previous posts. There isn't a ban anymore, women will be at Benning this fall. But BCT isn't hard. Warrior task level 1. And a 50 in each event for the apft. It won't challenge them much more than normal BCT. The tactical side in BCT isn't hard either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    They are lot of women in the israeli armed force too. Never heard oh them being weak.

But hey, a weak woman lost a pugil stick fight. Certainly more relevant than actual real situation evidence.
    Fun aside, I dated a girl who was in the Israeli army, she was in the bomb squad

I could hold her entire body down with one arm

Girls are physically much, much weaker than men - at every scale of fitness

Put me in coach, I'll pinwheel that dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Fun aside, I dated a girl who was in the Israeli army, she was in the bomb squad

hehe, my g/f wrestles dogs all day. And I work at a desk. She is physically active 40 hours a week, and me...maybe like 2 or 3. And I can toss her across the room with minimal effort.

Mind you, I am not a big guy by any means. I'm 5'8" and like 150lbs. She also goes to the gym. The only lifting I do, is sandwich curls.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And now what?
    A person fights someone that is physically stronger and loses.

Good thing the military is about cowardly killing people that cannot even touch you, she won't have much issues there.
    Yeah because it'd be infinitely preferable to go back to the days of sword and board and have tens of thousands of people slaughtered in every single battle.

Good thing we never have to worry about someone like you being a part of or ever having say and sway over the military.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Yeah because it'd be infinitely preferable to go back to the days of sword and board and have tens of thousands of people slaughtered in every single battle.

Good thing we never have to worry about someone like you being a part of or ever having say and sway over the military.
    Wouldn't exactly be a terrible idea. But I say we minimalize it. Just have the nations leaders get in a pit with nothing but their melee weapons of choice, and let them fight to the death. Winner wins the war and the loser has to submit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how most of those guy's arms are bigger than her thighs. jeeeeeeesus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I like how most of those guy's arms are bigger than her thighs. jeeeeeeesus
    LOL, Yeah. Lots of upper body training.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I tried searching but could find none, but I'd like to see videos of any woman actually beating a man in these training courses.

The only other relevant video I found was a boxing match in IRAQ where supposedly a female soldier said she could whoop any soldier on the base. Well she proceeds to get her ass kicked in said boxing ring. Also supposedly at end of video she gets knocked so hard she starts choking on her mouth piece.
    Maybe you just don't look for the right stuff?
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...seals-marines/

It’s a move building since 2013, when then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta announced that he would lift the ban on women in combat. Many observers see it as an acknowledgment that women have proven themselves in the line of fire during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

“Having reviewed their exceptionally thorough work, I am pleased all of the services developed plans that will effectively carry out this change and make us even better in the future,” Carter said in a statement.

A Marine Corps spokesman said recruiters are poised to offer ground combat contracts to potential female recruits as soon as they get the signal from Marine Corps Commandant Gen. Robert Neller.

“They are ready,” said Capt. Philip Kulczewski, a Marine Corps headquarters spokesman.

Women who want to seek ground combat jobs will have to pass the same rigorous initial strength test taken by men
    And that's for Navy Seals.
    So in other words the type of person that likely wipes the floor with you... and me too.. lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Can always kick if you're using just one hand to hold the body down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    hehe, my g/f wrestles dogs all day. And I work at a desk. She is physically active 40 hours a week, and me...maybe like 2 or 3. And I can toss her across the room with minimal effort.

Mind you, I am not a big guy by any means. I'm 5'8" and like 150lbs. She also goes to the gym. The only lifting I do, is sandwich curls.
    This is basically the issue

Show me any skinny guy anywhere in the world, and in 6-9 months of stronglifts 5x5 and feeding him steak and eggs and I can get him to overpower 95% of girls who have done strength workouts their entire life

It's just biology, evolution - it's just reality

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Can always kick if you're using just one hand to hold the body down.
    0/10 not sexy at all, kicking is a no-no
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-05-18 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    96.87% of the time, in my room. The other 3.13%? Pooping.
    Eh, anyone that joins the military of any country is a piece of human garbage in my eyes. Don't really care about the gender politics of it.

0/10 not sexy at all, kicking is a no-no
    Not interested in your imaginary fighting rules I'd use what's available!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Maybe you just don't look for the right stuff?
    http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...seals-marines/
    Did I completely over look the video of a woman actually beating a man in these training courses?

The only video I saw there was just a few short exercise clips. No combat training.

Quote Originally Posted by Curoch View Post
    Eh, anyone that joins the military of any country is a piece of human garbage in my eyes. Don't really care about the gender politics of it.
    I guess same goes for any civil servant in your opinion?

As long as there are those who seek to harm by force, there will always be a need to have those who defend with force - I do wish there were no need for a military or even police, but those that join in order to defend in times of need are not garbage.

As for gender in times of need, it doesn't matter, as long as they are capable.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2016-05-18 at 06:33 PM.

Dat bait tho...