Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I agree with Ronald Reagan when it comes to carrying firearms in public.

Heaven forbid we give police officers the opportunity to pass judgment as to whether or not you should be allowed to have a concealed carry permit. Makes too much sense.
    Well, I think you need to have a talk with the BLM crew, they disagree completely.

As pertaining to the discussion, I don't trust the federal government to do anything. I see very little competence on that level, and it's current administration chooses which laws it will decide to enforce and on whom they will enforce them. I feel safer having my chl knowing that I am prepared for whatever laws the current administration wants to decide they are using today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    If you believe no one should be carrying a firearm in public, by definition, you are assuming everyone is going to be using them in a reckless, criminal manner.
    Yeah. That's not why. I've already explained why, but you can just continue to ignore it I suppose.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Well, I think you need to have a talk with the BLM crew, they disagree completely.

As pertaining to the discussion, I don't trust the federal government to do anything. I see very little competence on that level, and it's current administration chooses which laws it will decide to enforce and on whom they will enforce them. I feel safer having my chl knowing that I am prepared for whatever laws the current administration wants to decide they are using today.
    If you believe you need to arm yourself, because you cannot trust your government, in particular the executive branch (police falls into that), then I would wager, you consider relocating.
    I would not want to live with such fear.
    Or, you're slightly paranoid? In that case it wouldn't matter where you live.
    That's now more a general evaluation.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Yeah. That's not why. I've already explained why, but you can just continue to ignore it I suppose.
    Yes, it is. You even showed this yourself when you said carrying a firearm increases illegal firearm confrontations and firearm violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is. You even showed this yourself when you said carrying a firearm increases illegal firearm confrontations and firearm violence.
    OK Tiny. You got me. I believe everyone is a reckless criminal. Great detective work.
    Eat yo vegetables

OK Tiny. You got me. I believe everyone who wants to own a firearm is a reckless criminal. Great detective work.
    Fixed that for you.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this bit..

It's funny, and still informative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fixed that for you.
    Oh right. It's just the firearm owners. I forgot. Sorry. It's hard to keep up with all my different conspiracy theories.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right. It's just the firearm owners. I forgot. Sorry. It's hard to keep up with all my different conspiracy theories.
    Hi Alex!!!
    How you've been?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If you believe you need to arm yourself, because you cannot trust your government, in particular the executive branch (police falls into that), then I would wager, you consider relocating.
    I would not want to live with such fear.
    Or, you're slightly paranoid? In that case it wouldn't matter where you live.
    That's now more a general evaluation.
    I am just fine in my state with my state government. I fear the federal government when it decides some days it won't deport criminals, some days it will give drug dealers guns to kill government employees.... you never know what laws they want to not enforce the next. Thank you for your completely biased psychological evaluation attempting to insult me. I expect no less then personal insults form people on this board. It usually comes from someone who posts about 14 times a day here on this message board. I see you are of that ilk.

You said you believe no one should be allowed to carry a firearm in public. There is no conspiracy theory here, just your words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    I am just fine in my state with my state government. I fear the federal government when it decides some days it won't deport criminals, some days it will give drug dealers guns to kill government employees.... you never know what laws they want to not enforce the next. Thank you for your completely biased psychological evaluation attempting to insult me. I expect no less then personal insults form people on this board. It usually comes from someone who posts about 14 times a day here on this message board. I see you are of that ilk.
    I expect no less THAN personal insults..
    Nice try on the passive aggressive insult attempt though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said you believe no one should be allowed to carry a firearm in public. There is no conspiracy theory here, just your words.
    Right. That's what I said.

And the reasoning that I gave is that I thought everyone....errr I mean people that want firearms....are all reckless criminals. That's what I said.

No conspiracy. Again. Good detective work.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account

And the reasoning that I gave is that I thought everyone....errr I mean people that want firearms....are all reckless criminals. That's what I said.

No conspiracy. Again. Good detective work.
    I would not say that everyone who wants a firearm is a potential criminal.
    But, if everyone was armed the safety of the people would definitely not increase. The opposite is true. It would be less safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I would not say that everyone who wants a firearm is a potential criminal.
    Well, yeah, of course not....That would be an absolutely ridiculous position to take.

But, if everyone was armed the safety of the people would definitely not increase. The opposite is true. It would be less safe.
    I would tend to agree with that. The evidence certainly suggests it.
    Eat yo vegetables

It is what you said:

"There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons."

10+ Year Old Account
    It is what you said:
    I know. I'm agreeing with you. That's exactly what Ronald Reagan said too.

"There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons because anyone who wants a firearm is a reckless criminal."

I mean those are his exact words. So yeah.
    Eat yo vegetables

I know. I'm agreeing with you. That's exactly what Ronald Reagan said too.

"There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons because anyone who wants a firearm is a reckless criminal."

I mean those are his exact words. So yeah.
    This is the totality of your post history on this subject, whether you want to admit it or not.

- People shouldn't have a legal right to ownership
    - People don't need to own firearms, and those that own them for protection are being reckless
    - People shouldn't be carrying firearms in public because the presence of firearms increases illegal shootings

Whenever you get pressured on these comments outside of the context of a quick jab in a thread, you deflect and act like you haven't been saying these things for years.
    Last edited by Tinykong; 2016-05-18 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Heaven forbid we give police officers the opportunity to pass judgment as to whether or not you should be allowed to have a concealed carry permit. Makes too much sense.
    Police should have no say in anything except enforcing the laws in an impartial manner, which they have pretty much been shown utterly unable to do in most US cities.

- - - Updated - - -

What part of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" seems unclear to you?

Dur.
    The part where the SCOTUS ruled it doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The part where the SCOTUS ruled it doesnt matter.
    Mostly they ruled that it doesn't mean what anti-gun wingnuts wish it did.