Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Gay agenda" sounds to me like, I don't know, "Blue-eyed people agenda". In other words - nonsensical. All gays are different and have different agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wrestler View Post
    the idea is the same as behind feminism or every other SJW group
    establish that you are the oppressed and that the other people are the oppressors
    it is now permitted to say the most horrible and hateful things about the oppressor group and even threaten violence against them or act violent against them
    for example straight people can't say that they don't like homosexuals, but homosexuals can say they want straight people to die
    it's ok because homosexual people are by definition all oppressed, while all straight people are the oppressors and that alone justifies attacking them
    they are guilty just by being straight
    May I have what you're smoking?

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no Gay Agenda other than getting equal rights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You want to know why I wear white socks with sandals? Because fuck you that's why. No one tells me how to live.
    Why wear sandles at all

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    No, you didn't read my fucking post. People THINK gays are one in five, when in reality they're one in twenty. Then they demand that EVERY SHOW HAS A FEW GAYS. That doesn't represent reality. If a show has ten people, it isn't crazy to not have a gay person on there. Because that reflects reality. You can go ahead and misrepresent this post now, too. We all know you are going to.
    This guy is sorta right. The number is closer to 1 in 10 gays but shows shouldn't force gays down our throats. I call bullshit on gays being "a part of reality". Now let me explain cause its not as homophobic as it seems.

I reckon that I have personally met about 500 people in situations like sports teams, work, school, friends, friends of friends etc. People I have met, socialized with and formed some sort of relationship and I have only met 2 gays and know of only 2 others through my parents (I didn't actually meet them). This is discounting all of the people that you may meet at gay bars and the like. The two gays that I knew never introduced me to their gay friends but I knew that they had gay friends and there was only one place I could go in the city if I wanted to see gay people. I consider the gay people that I knew as work mates, so they were not friends but we did interact on a daily basis and there was no problems. In my experience, there are less than 1% of the population that is gay and I am sure that is the reality for the majority of the population.

What this means is that there should be 1 program in 10 that has a majority of gay characters while the rest of the programs have 1 character in 100 be openly gay with a few more closet gays. This would be more representative of gay in society. Now if they wanted to turn superman gay, I have no problem with that. I have no problem with there being two hour long episodes full of gay people right in the middle of prime time every single day. That would still enable the "quota" of gay representation. In the end I guess the only thing that I really don't like is gay PDA. I think it makes me uncomfortable, but I guess if I don't like it, I don't have to watch it, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    How am I an "SJW" again? Did you decide to break out your Jump to Conclusions map?
    I've read your posts. You fit the perfect description of a SJW. I don't know where you're going with this, but know that it's not an ad hominem if you don't have any arguments to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Not every show has gay people. I'm trying to think of the shows I've been watching lately.

Seems like at least among what I've been watching lately it's either pretty representative or there's good plot related reasons (Orange is the New Black) for the prevalence of homosexuality on the show.
    I'm not arguing that every show has the right quota. I posted statistics about reality and said my interpretation of "gay agenda". That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyFanatic View Post
    Gonna need some citations on your statistics there chief, because it sounds like you're talking out your arse, or maybe you're pulling from some religious think-tank. I'd heard for years it was 1 in 10. And when you start to roll bisexuals into that equation the number gets even bigger, doesn't it? -_- While I agree that "representation" (I really am growing to hate that word) isn't necessary, it is always refreshing to get a gay character every now and then... of course if that happens to be on a show like The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones were the mortality rate is especially high, no one has the right to get offended if said character gets killed.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/183383/am...y-lesbian.aspx

Why not question the people who told you faulty statistics before? Are you incapable of looking up actual polls and studies?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Not every show has gay people. I'm trying to think of the shows I've been watching lately.
    You've definitely missed some in your list there:

GoT: Oberyn (bisexual man), Olyvar (gay or bi man), Ellaria Sand (bi woman), strong hints in general that Dorne/Dornish people are quite free with the loving.

Orange Is the New Black: Sophia Burset (trans)

House of Cards: Frank Underwood (bi), Edward Meechum (gay/bi)

Lost: Tom Friendly (gay/bi)

Those are just the ones you listed that I have seen. Also, while there will be shows that don't have any/many gay characters there are also shows that have them front and centre, like The 100, and both are perfectly fine. Not that I'm saying you said this, but I don't think every show *needs* every type of person in it just for diversity's sake.

OT: There obviously isn't a broad "gay agenda" other than the campaign for equal rights, but I also see what @urasim is saying. There is a minority among us that complains overly loud when media doesn't portray gays the way they want or when there isn't a gay character or when gay characters die. That gets rather tiresome, and I say that as a bi myself.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-05-18 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    "Gay agenda" sounds to me like, I don't know, "Blue-eyed people agenda". In other words - nonsensical. All gays are different and have different agenda.
    Like summoning an Old God into our reality

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwner View Post

Every homosexual gets one of those handed to them by the local Pride Queen/King
    Here I thought gaydar worked because of some hive mind. Silly me a book and instructions from high ranking gays makes much more sense. Stay fabulous mmo champ
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I imagine it's one of those rhetoric pieces activists like to pretend is used systemically. Probably genuinely rooted in family or Christian values or whatever.
    If people fight for the social normalization of homosexuality that's an agenda. If we get complete normalization and acceptance, we'll be out of ammo to request other rights (like, for instance, being an explicitly protected minority). Because once you're normal, it's hard to build sympathy out of discrimination.
    The fact alone that we fought for marriage before adoption still rubs me the wrong way, but meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wrestler View Post
    SJW group
    establish that you are the oppressed and that the other people are the oppressors
    it is now permitted to say the most horrible and hateful things about the oppressor group and even threaten violence against them or act violent against them
    Oh I see, you mean like conservatives in the US?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

The gay agenda is to make everyone like us, not like us, but like us.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the record using fictional places like Game of Thrones isn't very useful for this given the number of White Walkers and Wargs is VASTLY over-represented in that show compared to reality.

Better to use more realistic settings for this discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I've read your posts. You fit the perfect description of a SJW.
    Funny, I was just thinking the same thing about you!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    To outbreed the heteros.
    I thought by definition they cant breed and we heteros are like rabbits.

Deleted
    People who say "Gay Agenda" are in the same category as Trump supporters, Global Warming/Holocaust deniers, and nuts who won't shut up about UFO sightings/the supernatural/illuminati. In short, extremely delusional people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    The gay agenda is to make everyone like us, not like us, but like us.
    This is so confusing. You want to make us like you or like you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You've definitely missed some in your list there:

GoT: Oberyn (bisexual man), Olyvar (gay or bi man), Ellaria Sand (bi woman), strong hints in general that Dorne/Dornish people are quite free with the loving.
    Yeah, forgot about those folks. Still, it's clearly as much a minority in the show as it is in real life, though the show likes to make the sexuality of people in general far more overt than it tends to be in real life. I know at least 3 openly gay people who work in my building with me. I have a gay step brother, several gay acquaintances, have dated several bisexual women, etc. And aside from the girls I've dated, their sexuality doesn't really factor into our interactions, unlike Prince Oberyn who spends a lot of time on camera in bed. Even with the bisexual women I've dated, it's not like it changed our relationship in any substantive way. It was just like dating a straight woman, except we'd occasionally lust after the same actresses in shows.

Orange Is the New Black: Sophia Burset (trans)
    Yeah, but I already mentioned that show is full of LGBT women.

House of Cards: Frank Underwood (bi), Edward Meechum (gay/bi)
    Totally forgot about this. It's like one scene in the whole series, IIRC?

Lost: Tom Friendly (gay/bi)
    I don't even know who this is, in a show with a ginormous cast, if he's the only gay character, he's a minority indeed.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I don't even know who this is, in a show with a ginormous cast, if he's the only gay character, he's a minority indeed.
    One of the first The Others we see.

Early on, he was understood to be their leader.
    Pretty major character.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2016-05-18 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Do you even know how 2 gay?
    I believe the proper phrase is "LOL L2G bro".