Thread: Gtx 1080

Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you able to go somewhere like Micro Center that will let you buy it and return it in X amount of days if you don't like it?

What games are you looking for benchmarks on? Maybe I can help to some degree.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am for one very interested to hear about Overwatch. But it has come to my attention that 21:9 support for that game is kinda trickster stuff.

Other than that, I frequent GTA V/BF4/Titanfall/Tomb Raider and sometimes a bit of Crysis 3 as my most graphically intense games.
    And WoW + Rocket League.. Although I sincerely doubt those will challenge the GPU at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah WoW is a joke for the most part, especially if you were to get a 1070 or 80 - my GTX 760 handled WoW just fine at 3440x1440.

Rocket League it looks like, is being tested on a lot of laptop/APU systems... so that should tell you everything you need to know about that. :P

I have Crysis 2... =X .......which I've never played haha

I'm kind of surprised you didn't mention DOOM, but I don't have that either.

I'm so good at playing cool games. lol
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not interested in DOOM.
    Am for the UT (pre) Alpha, though.

But given that game doesn't even have highres textures yet testing is also futile.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, I just found this...

http://www.tweaktown.com/tweakipedia...ore/index.html

So... obviously, with a 1080 the numbers will be improved.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    That old or new TR?

And that GTA min fps might explain more about the other benches I had seen maybe. Curious what makes minfps drop so dramatically..

10+ Year Old Account
    Has to be the new one. I don't know anyone still benching the old one, if they even did. (Can't recall.)

The one came out in... 2013? Did any come out since?
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Eh... You're basing these results on 4K. It's not a single card 4K solution and comparing scores that don't even break 50fps seems completely meaningless. I hope those that aim to play games around the 30~45fps mark have a lot of fun and all, but it's like comparing a turd to a polished turd, then complaining it's still a turd.

Why not use Tweaktown's own 1440p results, which is clearly what this card is designed for. 8 fps @ 4K between the Titan X an 1080, where as at 1440p, the 1080's lowest fps is the Titan X's maximum fps, with a 10-17 fps gap. In all other games at 1440p, you're talking about a 20 fps gap average between the Titan X and 1080.

4K isn't a measure of anything still. It's a terrible metric to judge any gaming by, aside from old games that run well at 4K.
    Didn't Linus only test his 1080 on 4k? The 30-45fps being playable is dependant on the person. But yea, it's not a perfect 4k card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    it really wont on anything ultra even without AA

high or medium or mix of medium-high should be possible depending on the game

your friend must not be picky with his graphics settings to run 4K on 780Ti
    Nah, I've watched him play on it. he's showed me the settings. You guys just talk up 4k to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more of a beast than it really is, most of it having to do with the fact that no one on these forums is a humble human being who can admit that 4k isn't the beast people make it out to be. You don't need full ultra to get 4k to look nice.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Nah, I've watched him play on it. he's showed me the settings. You guys just talk up 4k to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more of a beast than it really is, most of it having to do with the fact that no one on these forums is a humble human being who can admit that 4k isn't the beast people make it out to be. You don't need full ultra to get 4k to look nice.
    Actually, plenty of people have mentioned how at 4k pretty much no game, especially WoW, will need AA.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Actually, plenty of people have mentioned how at 4k pretty much no game, especially WoW, will need AA.
    you're right. It's just those select few "I've been here a long time so my post are worth like 8 post" type jackasses here to act like that. Their shit doesn't stink, etc. It's truly laughable, but tell them that and they'll have a verbal arsenal pointed at your head because "reasons".

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    you're right. It's just those select few "I've been here a long time so my post are worth like 8 post" type jackasses here to act like that. Their shit doesn't stink, etc. It's truly laughable, but tell them that and they'll have a verbal arsenal pointed at your head because "reasons".
    I think you *may* be confusing "what is true/full ultra" conversations with the realistic conversations?

I haven't seen these posts where people have said AA is needed at 4k, can you direct me to them or the poster? So that I may... deal with them?

Ya know, since I'm the senate, the computer forums, and all. (See post #952 for lols)

Hint: My posts are worth infinitely more than everyone else's! No one has as many posts as ME in the computer forums! Mwahahahaha

(Post count isn't important folks, if you think you know someone who is addicted to the post count, please seek medical attention for them by dialing 1-800-DAREPOSTS.)
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to remind everyone (as I had to do in the ATI thread, apparently), that this is not a place for brand bashing, or comparing products to prove one or the other is awful. Stick to the thread topic discussing this particular product.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Boy, that's a lot of good and scary points.

Sorry if it has been posted before, but some more 1080 benchmarks from Ars Technica: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/...1080-review/4/

The review itself is five pages, but I linked into page 4 for the benchmark results. Interpret them and their value/accuracy for yourself.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Im over the 1080 already, i was never gonna buy a 600 dollar GPU to play overwatch on lol. Anywho, when is AMD gonna announce the polaris 10 stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you want to be future-proofed when you get an 8k monitor? That will look amazing! <3
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Im over the 1080 already, i was never gonna buy a 600 dollar GPU to play overwatch on lol. Anywho, when is AMD gonna announce the polaris 10 stuff.
    Should be somewhere second half of next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got an old gtx 680

- - - Updated - - -

Think it's time for an upgrade
    Dear frozen yogurt, you are the celery of desserts. Be ice cream or be nothing.

Well. That clears up that.