Page 1 of 33
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

Fun Detected, Fun Nerfed

Because what I said isn't significantly clear enough, the bulk of this post IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME. It is copied from someone's tumblr who is sourced just below this.

This thread is about the recent changes to what was planned and partially implemented in Legion to the Wardrobe/Transmog system. I'll be copy-pasting the information here, but I want to cite the person who made this post on their tumblr right here. Apologies if this is somewhere else, but I didn't see any threads for it. Onto the info:

More Transmog Changes In Legion, Blizzcon To Now.

So, there are many changes made to what we were told at Blizzcon. Honestly, some of it’s shattering, some of it’s pointless, and some is just annoying.

At Blizzcon we were told anything we looted would be unlocked for our account. This was excellent! Did you do firelands on your mage and get no staff? No problem, go on your rogue and have it drop for him. Now your mage has a staff!

Did you do Loremaster back in Classic? Did you do it again after Cataclysm’s zone changes? Great! ALL of the quest rewards is now unlocked to your account. Did you choose a bow over the sword? You get both sword and bow now because of the fact you did the quest!.

But, of course. Players have a quote they love to say about Blizzard.

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED.

In order to unlock an armor piece, it must be SOULBOUND, and any trade/refund timer must EXPIRE before it is unlocked. This means if a pretty green drops, you need to equip it and make it soubound in order to unlock it.
    If an item is race/race/faction restricted, it will only unlock when looted by the target.
    To unlock an armor piece, it must be of your class’s PRIMARY armor spec. This means if your priest’s long lost helmet drops on your warrior, you’re out of luck flat out. Warriors can equip cloth, but that helmet isn’t plate, so it isn’t unlocked.
    To unlock a weapon, your class has to be able to equip it to unlock. This means to get a warrior to max level if you want to farm a weapon that refuses to drop for another class of yours. If it’s a wand, you’re out of luck.

And now, there’s one big change that was made recently. As Blizzard promised us before,

“If you complete a quest, ALL of the rewards will be unlocked, no matter what you chose.”

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED. Blizzard changed this rule DRASTICALLY. People, like myself, have began to do Loremaster in order to get all of that sweet transmog you unlock. As some people know, both factions have UNIQUE quest rewards you can only get by questing on that faction. No faction restriction, simply they didn’t add the model to the other. So, in order to get ALL quest rewards, you needed to do Loremaster twice.

Now, blizzard changed this. You no longer get all rewards, you only get what belongs to your class. If you did all quests on a hunter, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED THE MAIL AND WHATEVER WEAPONS YOU’RE ALLOWED TO EQUIP. If you did all the quests on a warrior, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED PLATE AND ALL WEAPONS(minus wands).

This means if you want to get ALL quest rewards for transmog, you need to do Loremaster EIGHT TIMES. One for EACH armor type, for BOTH factions.

Q: “So we have to do Loremaster on all armor types?”

A: “if you want to unlock every single appearance granted from questing, yes.”

Q: “Could you at least reconsider easing the unlock restrictions for old removed quest rewards?”

A: “we would rather offer other opportunities to earn otherwise lost appearances”

Source:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6754?page=1#15

Oh, right. Here’s the biggest punch to the face.

THIS APPLIES TO REMOVED QUESTS AS WELL, so everything before Cataclysm..

https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...07569327935493

I hope everyone did loremaster 8 times before Cata so they can have those removed rewards.. and did it 8 times after.

---------------------------------------

EDIT: My personal thoughts and feelings are that this change is unneeded and unfun. Who here likes this change? Anyone? Anyone at all? No? Didn't think so.

EDIT #2: Additionally, upon looking back at the official announcement, I found that it was planned to be only Bound items or quest rewards back at BlizzCon. This isn't something that I consider a serious issue, for as it has been pointed out, it prevents people from passing around BoE items and just grabbing up the transmog that way.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2016-05-18 at 10:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    So, there are many changes made to what we were told at Blizzcon. Honestly, some of it’s shattering, some of it’s pointless, and some is just annoying.

At Blizzcon we were told anything we looted would be unlocked for our account. This was excellent! Did you do firelands on your mage and get no staff? No problem, go on your rogue and have it drop for him. Now your mage has a staff!

In order to unlock an armor piece, it must be SOULBOUND, and any trade/refund timer must EXPIRE before it is unlocked. This means if a pretty green drops, you need to equip it and make it soubound in order to unlock it.
    If an item is race/race/faction restricted, it will only unlock when looted by the target.
    To unlock an armor piece, it must be of your class’s PRIMARY armor spec. This means if your priest’s long lost helmet drops on your warrior, you’re out of luck flat out. Warriors can equip cloth, but that helmet isn’t plate, so it isn’t unlocked.
    To unlock a weapon, your class has to be able to equip it to unlock. This means to get a warrior to max level if you want to farm a weapon that refuses to drop for another class of yours. If it’s a wand, you’re out of luck.

And now, there’s one big change that was made recently. As Blizzard promised us before,

“If you complete a quest, ALL of the rewards will be unlocked, no matter what you chose.”

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED. Blizzard changed this rule DRASTICALLY. People, like myself, have began to do Loremaster in order to get all of that sweet transmog you unlock. As some people know, both factions have UNIQUE quest rewards you can only get by questing on that faction. No faction restriction, simply they didn’t add the model to the other. So, in order to get ALL quest rewards, you needed to do Loremaster twice.

Now, blizzard changed this. You no longer get all rewards, you only get what belongs to your class. If you did all quests on a hunter, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED THE MAIL AND WHATEVER WEAPONS YOU’RE ALLOWED TO EQUIP. If you did all the quests on a warrior, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED PLATE AND ALL WEAPONS(minus wands).

This means if you want to get ALL quest rewards for transmog, you need to do Loremaster EIGHT TIMES. One for EACH armor type, for BOTH factions.

Q: “Could you at least reconsider easing the unlock restrictions for old removed quest rewards?”

A: “we would rather offer other opportunities to earn otherwise lost appearances”

Source:

I hope everyone did loremaster 8 times before Cata so they can have those removed rewards.. and did it 8 times after.
    8 times? wouldent you need to do it only 4 times before and after....? why 8...?
    (4 per faction... if you wanna do every horde, allaince, acheiv/mog/rep suspect for it to take alot of commitment....)

btw no, we were NEVER told "do firelands on your rogue, get a staff unlock for mage"

we were told "able to equip it, it unlocks" what we were surpsied with was no, only your armor type would be unlocked ,meaning a cloth user would unlock cloth, and play wearer, plate

you seem to be here to complain about things that are fair, and we have known for MONTHS

also allowing people to unlock transmogs without soul binding then trade items would be complete bullshit and stupid...

"oh guys X won the item but pass it around to EVERYONE in the raid first so they can unlock the transmog please~"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-05-18 at 09:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    8 times? wouldent you need to do it only 4 times before and after....? why 8...?
    Firstly, if you could shrink that quote, it'd be great. And secondly, it's because you need to do it once for each armor class (four times) and then again for the other faction (another four).

Deleted
    This thread is about the recent changes to what was planned and partially implemented in Legion to the Wardrobe/Transmog system. I'll be copy-pasting the information here, but I want to cite the person who made this post on their tumblr right here. Apologies if this is somewhere else, but I didn't see any threads for it. Onto the info:

More Transmog Changes In Legion, Blizzcon To Now.

Did you do Loremaster back in Classic? Did you do it again after Cataclysm’s zone changes? Great! ALL of the quest rewards is now unlocked to your account. Did you choose a bow over the sword? You get both sword and bow now because of the fact you did the quest!.

But, of course. Players have a quote they love to say about Blizzard.

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED.

Source:

Erm, this is completely understandable though.
    I defend Blizz against what you're saying because it only makes sense by having the gear soulbound and usable on one specific Character & level requirements.. Pointless thread.

Making a mountain out of a molehill.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

well that's fucking bullshit.

total jackasses, and if people complain about this enough, they will change it. so you need to make threads about this all over the place and spread the word.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azirra View Post
    I defend Blizz against what you're saying because it only makes sense by having the gear soulbound and usable on one specific Character & level requirements.. Pointless thread.
    i can understand that, but changing it so old and removed quest items don't auto unlock? that's bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account

btw no, we were NEVER told "do firelands on your rogue, get a staff unlock for mage"

we were told "able to equip it, it unlocks" what we were surpsied with was no, only your armor type would be unlocked ,meaning a cloth user would unlock cloth, and play wearer, plate
    Because of alliance/horde specific items. Honestly I don't care enough to be bothered over this though. If they add old stuff back in different ways great, but really it's not a huge issue for me either way.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Azirra View Post
    What is with people quoting entire posts...? Also, you're barely addressing the problem. Yes, having it soulbound makes sense, yes level requirements make sense, but limiting it to class only? Making it so that if I managed to get a set to drop on one character while farming, but not another, I can't use it for the class it was intended for simply because I was on a different class? That you'd have to do Loremaster several more times? That you DON'T get all the quest rewards like they said they would? All of this is bullshit.

It happens to everything blizzard does (assuming they listen in the first place).

Players: Hey Blizz we want X

Blizzard: Ok, we will implement X, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose that last part is only a problem if you feel the need to have every quest item appearance for every faction and class. Why not just narrow down what quests reward the stuff you want and do only those quests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It happens to everything blizzard does (assuming they listen in the first place).

Players: Hey Blizz we want X

Blizzard: Ok, we will implement X, but...
    Or it's WoD all over again. "HEY GUYS BET YOU CANT WAIT TO HAVE SUPER AWESOME CUSTOMIZABLE GARRISONS! Whoops just kidding, none of that for you."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    I suppose that last part is only a problem if you feel the need to have every quest item appearance for every faction and class. Why not just narrow down what quests reward the stuff you want and do only those quests?
    Because it no longer GIVES you all the quest rewards. It only gives you the quest rewards usable for that class. Meaning you have to make sure you do the quests on every class you can, as well as both factions. More over, if it's an OLD quest that no longer exists, whelp, sucks to be you my friend! This is a complete change from the previous way it was going to work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well that's fucking bullshit.

total jackasses, and if people complain about this enough, they will change it. so you need to make threads about this all over the place and spread the word.

- - - Updated - - -

i can understand that, but changing it so old and removed quest items don't auto unlock? that's bullshit.
    they still will, just not the ones your class unlocks like a warrior will unlock all plate, and weapons other then wands

So you want to be able to unlock all armor for transmog using just one character? Why even play the game then? If you care about another character enough to want to transmog just go solo old raids. It is easier than ever. The only exception I could see to this is if you unlocked armor based on the type instead of the individual character.

What they should do is make it so you can transmog anywhere using the collected gear.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2016-05-18 at 09:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or it's WoD all over again. "HEY GUYS BET YOU CANT WAIT TO HAVE SUPER AWESOME CUSTOMIZABLE GARRISONS! Whoops just kidding, none of that for you."

Because it no longer GIVES you all the quest rewards. It only gives you the quest rewards usable for that class. Meaning you have to make sure you do the quests on every class you can, as well as both factions. More over, if it's an OLD quest that no longer exists, whelp, sucks to be you my friend!
    again your making a huge "OMFG BLIZZ IS CHANGING EVERYTHING WE HAVE EVER KNOWN LAST SECOND, WTF"

weve known these things for MONTHS and MONTHS ever since the wardrobe first popped up on the alpha

they never said "UNLOCK THE APPEREANCE OF EVERY ITEM YOU PICK UP!"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does feel a tad silly. My first character that I leveled was a hunter. So do I get swords or just bows/guns/crossbows. If just the latter. Its a bit silly since at the time swords, axes,2h weps, staffs, and polearms, were all usable. So do I just not get any of those?

I think the more immediate issue with the new Xmog is that you are stuck with your artifact type for the entire expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    So you want to be able to unlock all armor for transmog using just one character? Why even play the game then? If you care about another character enough to want to transmog just go solo old raids. It is easier than ever.

What they should do is make it so you can transmog anywhere using the collected gear.
    It's not even about one character. Before you had to at least do it with two to get both factions. It's about the fact that now it takes four times that amount, and it doesn't matter if you got that super rare drop on X character, because it's not the class that can use it and therefore Y character doesn't get it. It's also about the fact that quests that no longer exist in game will no longer give the full rewards Blizzard talked about, instead only giving them to the classes that did the quest in the first place.

Forgive me for disliking being punished for not seeing into the future.

Also, your avatar is awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrathia View Post
    It does feel a tad silly. My first character that I leveled was a hunter. So do I get swords or just bows/guns/crossbows. If just the latter. Its a bit silly since at the time swords, axes,2h weps, staffs, and polearms, were all usable. So do I just not get any of those?
    for weapons its any weapon you can equip, but armors its just your armor type

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go ahead and defend Blizzard on this one. It makes perfect logical sense that only gear appropriate for your class can be "learned" and saved to the transmit closet. Also, people would exploit the shit out of trading Boe gear if it could be learned just by having it in your inventory.

Great move on Blizzard's part. Just be thankful a wardrobe system is coming to WoW in the first place.

again your making a huge "OMFG BLIZZ IS CHANGING EVERYTHING WE HAVE EVER KNOWN LAST SECOND, WTF"

weve known these things for MONTHS and MONTHS ever since the wardrobe first popped up on the alpha

they never said "UNLOCK THE APPEREANCE OF EVERY ITEM YOU PICK UP!"
    No but they said that old deleted quests would unlock all appereances as those aren't available anymore. I've not known this for months, this seems like quite fresh intel that it isn't so anymore.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988