Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Vol'jin will fully return (with bidy and stuff), but he might somehow appear as spirit in the way the troll boss from Mogushan Vault did in Throne of Thunder. Maybe to guide whoever takes his place as leader of trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin will probably become a Loa of sorts. Who knows? Blizzard knows. Or at least they think they do, but they don't.
    Point in case: Tanaan Jungle and switching from an Orc ending to a Legion ending for WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by runey View Post
    Sauerfang as the High Overlord of the Orc
    Sylvanas as interim Warchief of the Horde

and Vol'jin back to Warchief once he is done playing dead and meddling with dem trolls and nagas

I don't know why people are so adamant about Vol'jin being dead when you only a burial, but not his body.
    Dude, as sad as it makes me, I do think Vol'Jin is probably dead. There IS a body. If you've been following MMOC updates they showed a funeral pyre with a wrapped troll corpse, and then an urn afterwards. I'm not saying there's NO way he could still be alive, since he IS a pretty sneaky guy being a shadow hunter and all, but I think it's unlikely. I'd be very happy if he was doing some more sneaky tricksy shit though and popped out later in the expansion like a bad ass to turn the battle somehow. Sadly, I can't think o a reason why it would be good to play dead when the horde needs a leader the most though.. Doesn't seem like the greatest time for that tactic. I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamie View Post
    Dude, as sad as it makes me, I do think Vol'Jin is probably dead. There IS a body. If you've been following MMOC updates they showed a funeral pyre with a wrapped troll corpse, and then an urn afterwards. I'm not saying there's NO way he could still be alive, since he IS a pretty sneaky guy being a shadow hunter and all, but I think it's unlikely. I'd be very happy if he was doing some more sneaky tricksy shit though and popped out later in the expansion like a bad ass to turn the battle somehow. Sadly, I can't think o a reason why it would be good to play dead when the horde needs a leader the most though.. Doesn't seem like the greatest time for that tactic. I guess we'll have to wait and find out.
    Every character attending the funeral refers to Vol'Jin as dead. We do not see any form of cutscene it just goes straight to the aftermath. For all intents and purposes Vol'Jin is dead.

Having said that I wouldn't put it past Blizz to surprise us and show that he is alive. Seeing the cutscenes unfold in the released game might hint at this. Who knows.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

Who's going to replace Vol'jin as leader of the Darkspear? I don't think there's any prominent Trolls in lore who are Darkspear besides Vo'jin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    Every character attending the funeral refers to Vol'Jin as dead. We do not see any form of cutscene it just goes straight to the aftermath. For all intents and purposes Vol'Jin is dead.

Having said that I wouldn't put it past Blizz to surprise us and show that he is alive. Seeing the cutscenes unfold in the released game might hint at this. Who knows.
    Vol'jin is pretty much dead, when you return from the broken shore everybody is saying their goodbyes to him basically since he was apparently mortally wounded. They even offer to get healers for him but he says it is too late for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Vol'jin is pretty much dead, when you return from the broken shore everybody is saying their goodbyes to him basically since he was apparently mortally wounded. They even offer to get healers for him but he says it is too late for that.

So he was able to talk to people as he was dying? Does this mean he actively passed the position of Warchief on to Sylvanas? I feel like he would've given it to Baine or Lor'Themar before Sylvanas.. After all of her crazy antics since Wrath, and the unfortunate Wrathgate incident, lots of people are losing hope in the Forsaken as a whole, especially Sylvanas. Very interested to see how things play out. I could see Blizzard redeeming her, since this whole expansion seems themed around doing the very same for Illidan, but I'm also worried she'll become the next Garrosh. I'm tired of my beautiful Horde falling apart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Who's going to replace Vol'jin as leader of the Darkspear? I don't think there's any prominent Trolls in lore who are Darkspear besides Vo'jin.
    His long lost daughter, Vulva'jin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peach774 View Post
    Whats to stop them from using a different body?
    Hopefully you noticed why nobody quoted your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazajin View Post
    Probably either Rokhan or Gadrin. I think those are the most notable members besides Vol'jin, and are his close advisors/scouts or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    So he was able to talk to people as he was dying? Does this mean he actively passed the position of Warchief on to Sylvanas? I feel like he would've given it to Baine or Lor'Themar before Sylvanas.. After all of her crazy antics since Wrath, and the unfortunate Wrathgate incident, lots of people are losing hope in the Forsaken as a whole, especially Sylvanas. Very interested to see how things play out. I could see Blizzard redeeming her, since this whole expansion seems themed around doing the very same for Illidan, but I'm also worried she'll become the next Garrosh. I'm tired of my beautiful Horde falling apart.

Yes it does, he's the one o pass the mantle.
    Seems like she's not the warchief that we deserve, but the warchief that we need...
    Yeah....

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems that way, the cinematic is still missing that happens right at the end of the discussion, but i believe that everybody was in agreement that Sylvanas was to become Warchief. Her actions on the Broken Shore must of changed some peoples opinions of her.

Lor'themar in all honesty doesn't want to be leader of the Blood Elves. He just holds the position considering it a duty because frankly there is no one better. While he'd make a good warchief he'd be first to say "ask someone else." if he had even an inkling of thought he wasn't the best for the job.

Baine isn't a war leader. A peace leader he could be really up there.

Sylvanas has been on the front lines for hundreds if not thousands of years. She was Lor'themar's commanding officer in the High Elf military. She is a proven commander and the best to lead the fight for the horde against the legion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    From what I've seen, Saurfang is Orgrimmar's new ruler and is the city boss replacing Vol'jin. Sylvanas has the <Warchief> title but stays in Undercity.
    Glad Blizz is at least trying this time around. Rather than just copy/pasting a new model in the same spot with the same dialogue.

Also makes life weird for hordies. Do they now have to uproot and move to Undercity since it's their capital? Or will their faction leader just be in the city without Transmog, PvP Vendors, Cata Gear Vendors...

But hey, at least in the inevitable Sylvanas Lich Queen expansion we won't have to sit through Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

To put it in perspective as of the most recent beta patch, after you do the Broken Isle quest you get teleported to Orgrimmar. When you enter the city, you see a ton of "horde citizen" looking toward the throne gossiping. Saurfang meets you just inside and tells you that he's glad you lived and that the Warchief wants to see you. When you go inside, Vol'jin is sitting on the throne very awkwardly and talking like he's barely hanging on. Various characters are trying to talk to him, like Saurfang, Sylvanas, the Panda guy, and Lothemar, and he responds to all of them individually (It kind of bugged out for me and the characters kept spamming their lines so I couldn't tell what they were saying). Then a cutscene is supposed to happen, and you get teleported outside of Org where Sylvanas is holding his funeral pyre with all major characters and a bunch of citizens. You get a quest to pledge loyalty to her, and then help fight off a minor legion attack with the demon hunters who just arrived.

Also I should point out that even Varian and Sylvanas are strangely friendly towards each other in the Broken Isles quest. He even tells her not to die and she wishes him good luck. I guess the Legion invasion is so terrifying that everyone is willing to forgive and forget her past antics, at least until they win.
    Last edited by Biotec; 2016-05-19 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Lor'themar in all honesty doesn't want to be leader of the Blood Elves. He just holds the position considering it a duty because frankly there is no one better. While he'd make a good warchief he'd be first to say "ask someone else." if he had even an inkling of thought he wasn't the best for the job.

Baine isn't a war leader. A peace leader he could be really up there.

Sylvanas has been on the front lines for hundreds if not thousands of years. She was Lor'themar's commanding officer in the High Elf military. She is a proven commander and the best to lead the fight for the horde against the legion.
    Yeah, but Baine and Vol'Jin seemed to agree a lot in Tides of War when Garrosh started declining into making idiotic decisions. Sylvanas and Lor'Themar mostly played along silently, not wanting to stick their necks out. Baine and Vol'Jin were a lot more open to blatantly questioning Garrosh, and talking behind his back. Vol'Jin even went on to reach out to the alliance eventually. So in that sense, they agreed a lot more about things like war and peace. Baine is still a magnificent and honorable warrior, and if he ended up Warchief while Anduin became king, there would almost surely be more peace than ever before. Maybe that's the reason Blizz went with Sylvanas, lol. Baine and Anduin even know each other and are considered friends. Anduin gave Baine an ancient dwarven relic (hammer) after Cairne was killed. They're the two racial leaders most likely to strive for peace on either faction.

I'm not saying Sylvanas WILL make a bad Warchief, I'm just worried about it, knowing how often Blizzard likes to make characters "go mad" and become evil villains.