Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy4123 View Post
    Item level has always been in WoW it just wasn't displayed on the gear back then.

Tier 6 tier pieces were ilevel 141, the Sunwell tier 6 pieces were ilevel 154.

The art assets matched the gear that dropped in Sunwell. I still have the pieces I used on my Paladin when I was tanking back then. This isn't something you can't just go to Wowhead and check.

This has the T6 boots and belt on it. (and bracers but not like you can see them)

They matched Sunwell armor not T6.
    I stand correct sunwell was so long ago man.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ezola View Post
    Id still say MoP was the worst.. Pandas? i mean.. fucking Pandas? - just to please the Asian market..
    ..... Oh for fuck sake.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I stand correct sunwell was so long ago man.
    Long ago, but the best of times :'(

WoD and Cataclysm are certainly the two least good expansions, sure. I'd probably put WoD at the bottom, but it might just might due to it being more fresh in my memory.
    Cataclysm at least came with the old-world leveling revamp, which I felt was much needed, and the (at the time) best looking Horde race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is good for the new casual 2 hours player, bad for the old semi-hardcore players.

I used to spend like 4-5 hours everyday with my friends in wow (idk if that is a lot of time or not) and we had a lot of things to do with friends, and when we were bored we just say oh do you like the old cata xmog gear? of course! well lets do an small group and get some xmog and achievements for the friends.

Now that is a little imposible because I just need to go to the raid and in 10 mins I already killed everything and now is the gold mine for a lot of players discoraging them to do them with friends we lost the little challenge that all the world had.

I started in WoD and what I have seen and heard of the old expansions, yeah WoD seems to be the worst expansion yet

Deleted
    I would say yes, but it had a huge potential and don't know why Blizz abandoned it imo. Farahlon, shattrath raid, Bladespire and Karabor and so much more just wasted content.
    From all the content that we got I liked most of it, but there needed to be more of it. Even garrisons weren't that bad, just there wasn't any reason to leave them. apart from getting to AH, oh nvm I got that in my garrison too. Like all was there ah,bank,transmog,herbs,ore,passive gold making,professions. Even portals if you wanted. obviously if you set it up like that, but that wasn't that hard.

Deleted
    YES, absolutely. Too much focus on horde. Too bad Blizz "Cocaine-train" Metzen is to busy sucking green orc dick all day instead of writing a decent story in an expansion for once. Basically, WoD was his wet dream, orcs everywhere as far as the eye can see. Main hero? Orc. Main villain? Orc. Setting? Orc world.

Too little content sadly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I used to be a avid WoW subscriber since vanilla, took few breaks here and there in between content but always a consistent raider / pvper.

I personally didn't enjoy just about anything about WoD, hence I quit when Blackrock Foundry was launched and never came back.

Am I just experiencing burnout or was WoD really that bad?
    It's probably a little of both. Warlords was probably the worst expansion in my opinion, but not bad enough to quit entirely (at least for me). There are still a lot of things to do to keep busy and Tanaan Jungle was actually pretty fun. Seems you may be burnt out.

Deleted
    No

Because a large part of what is holding back WoD (and MoP) are decisions made in Cataclysm that still continue to impact the game today.

Expansions cannot be judged as stand alone products, everything bad from the last one has to be addressed otherwise it continues to impact the new one. Consider then Cataclysm following up on TBC and WotLK and it becomes apparent where it all, for lack of better term, broke. MoP tried to bring back a more cohesive expansion area in the form of Pandaria, WoD tried to bring back better established characters as heroes and villains to add some urgency to the story, and Legion is now bringing back talent trees, because removing them was a mistake in Cata.

Redesigning the old world was a giant misstep, nobody levels in it bar the 1-15 experience, as dungeons are far faster. They admitted that designing leveling zones based on a "train" like system where you always follow everything in the same order was a mistake.

"But all i do in WoD is stand around in my Garrison!"

Well all you did in Cata and Mop was to stand in a city hub. Also waiting for a queue. Garrisons arent great but they are a bandaid on a gunshot wound rather than the problem in and out of itself.

What to play a fun game....that will also prove that most wow player's talk out their back side about this game?

So here's all you need to do..

Remember this period right now in the games history -- maybe screen shot some posts (even this one , if I'm wrong you repost it in a few years tell you what I'll apologize on the spot pending I see it)....

Next simply sit back and wait a few years...you can try after Legion but I'd say even wait until the NEXT expac after Legion -- so basically about 3-4 years...

Then ask the question about if WoD was the worst expansion.... I'd bet the answers will be DRAMATICALLY different than from today.

I've played through all phases/expansions of this game....there was people that hated vanilla, there was people that trash talked TBC and Wrath.....EVERY expansion has its haters....the only variance I note is just HOW MANY haters...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    the timey wimey was always a gamble. But as others posted the content drought has just been awful this time.
    I still only play using Gold for Time there is no way I'm paying money for the current state. Hope I'm proved wrong but suspect legion is going to suffer
    the same issues the past expansions have. Until the Dev team accept a lot of classes could work better and past changes didn't actually improve things.
    nothing Is going to change. Fun and variety are still lacking in quiet a few classes/specs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    No

Because a large part of what is holding back WoD (and MoP) are decisions made in Cataclysm that still continue to impact the game today.

Expansions cannot be judged as stand alone products, everything bad from the last one has to be addressed otherwise it continues to impact the new one. Consider then Cataclysm following up on TBC and WotLK and it becomes apparent where it all, for lack of better term, broke. MoP tried to bring back a more cohesive expansion area in the form of Pandaria, WoD tried to bring back better established characters as heroes and villains to add some urgency to the story, and Legion is now bringing back talent trees, because removing them was a mistake in Cata.

Redesigning the old world was a giant misstep, nobody levels in it bar the 1-15 experience, as dungeons are far faster. They admitted that designing leveling zones based on a "train" like system where you always follow everything in the same order was a mistake.

"But all i do in WoD is stand around in my Garrison!"

Well all you did in Cata and Mop was to stand in a city hub. Also waiting for a queue. Garrisons arent great but they are a bandaid on a gunshot wound rather than the problem in and out of itself.
    Everything is a successive iteration of bad idea piled on top of bad idea. Every expansion being the next logical leap in the bad idea chain. I can still remember the exact moment the game jumped the shark for me. When the developers decided tier was only meant for raiders. It was like that moment in the wizard of oz when you saw the man behind the curtain. It became all too apparent that the game really only had one dimension and the developers really only cared about raids. Every other style of play was wrong. The illusion that the game was more than just a skinner box died. It was painful obvious what they were doing.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-05-18 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People can say "Yes it is" and I am super cool wand understanding with that, but I am still staying with Cataclysm being mine, I would go into why but it's 1AM here and I don't fancy writing a 2 page essay this late :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course WoD was the worst. Objectively worst. Higher cost, less content. Less raid tiers. Disappointment as announced features were cut. Entire zones scrapped or delayed for content patches. Nothing viable to pull you out into the world. Everything from flight restriction to crafted item limits to mission wait times was designed to artificially gate you and slow you down. Abilities stripped away. Professions were made redundant. PvPers haven't had a new Arena or BG since 2013. etc etc.

We all know the spiel. WoD was choc-full of cynical, anti-fun design choices and failed to deliver on even that.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is, is this really a question for people? I have a hard time imagining that even people who enjoyed WoD don't still think it's the worst expansion we've had so far.

Deleted
    Cata was possibly worse. Only the dungeons in Cata were good and the revamped 1-60.

WoD at least had pretty good raiding for the small amount we got. If you didn't raid mythic then WoD was by far the worst expansion but the quality of the mythic boss design kept me playing for much longer than I should've.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Basically... WoD pulled a second comming of Cataclysm, the raiders wanted content, they got so much of it that everyone else got nothing as a result.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA we lost a raid tier, we have had HFC for damn near ever, and believe it or not we actually WANT stuff outside of raid contrary to your biased little opinion, the expansion didn't have much in regards to ANYTHING.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you seem like some kind of retard, i already told you mythic is not new content it's heroic renamed and lowered from 25 players to 20, how does that take time to do? i'll tell you it doesn't take any fucking time.

i guess there is no point talking to someone who is brainwashed into thinking mythic is a grand new idea and huge content designed for raiders, because heroic mode never existed before wod right.
    You are arguing with someone who thinks raiding should be removed or you should be able to get max ilvl gear by crafting or doing solo content..........basically someone who wants a single player game and seems to think an MMO is for him and that the devs should be fired for making an actual MMO and not HIS game.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I thought the questing experience in WoD was good.

Just the end game was rather lacking, with far too much emphasis on Garrisons which everyone hated. Hell, even I feel like I MUST do Garrisons everyday else I'm losing out on a ton of gold. No thanks to this damn Garrison that gold has been inflated to ridiculous levels [50k in MoP would be 750k in WoD, for example]. Then Blizz had the audacity of making up gold sinks such as that 2m gold mount for their own fuck up to 'sort' the issue, only screwing people that didn't abuse Garrisons over.

But Blizz have done what they do best, and greed speaks out more than voices of its players... i.e. - They brought in Order Halls which is a trimmed down version of Garrisons, but still in the heart of it are too similar... to keep people logging in everyday.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-05-19 at 01:42 AM.