Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I can't believe how much of a mess they're making of the wardrobe system in the run up to Legion's release. Did they not hear how excited people were for it at Blizzcon? I just can't fathom what in the world they could possibly think all these restrictions will accomplish. It's one of the most egregious examples of the dev team seemingly going out of their way to take something amazing and ruin it as much as possible.

All of this wouldn't be so immensely frustrating if they hasn't already done it perfectly in Diablo III.

I mean goodness, you'd think now would be a time to improve on a system like that and make it even better, not put in as much work as possible to make it clunkier, more confusing, more limiting, and a whole lot less fun. Words just fail me at the silliness of taking something that was a sure hit and messing it up so badly. A good example of over-design at its absolute worst.
    God, I forgot about Diablo III's system. You have to pay into it to get everything basic, but if you unlock something rare or legendary on one character, surprise surprise, it works on another... regardless of class! Truly this innovative and inspiring system is too difficult for the WoW devs to comprehend.

Seriously though, I agree completely. Take something people were raving about, SCREAMED FOR louder than any other announcement, and then dumb it down. And people are wondering why some of us are upset?

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    so your saying

if you want to 100% a 12 year old game... you have to spend alot of time on that game!? omfg tell the press!
    No. You're missing the point completely. How is this hard for you to understand: you cannot do these old quests anymore. It was the solution, unlocking every single quest reward for your wardrobe. If I could still do these quests, I wouldn't mind it. I don't mind it for current content, the way they changed their stance. Sure, them changing their stance is typical Blizzard-like and utter bullshit, but I'd still be able to complete it. Pre-Cataclysm isn't available anymore. Now, did you understand that or do I have to go to even simpler examples?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yeah they are going head first with mindless timesinks in Legion. I fear Legion is front loaded and with little content beyond six months.
    Yeah seems like its their way of creating more content. Keeping people busy through year long content drought.

"Fun detected, fun nerfed"

Did you really expect anything better? I'm not trying to be snarky, but has Blizzard's past actions really led you to think otherwise?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Thank you for being polite and clearly explaining your stance on the matter. I am curious, however, as to why you would prefer this system over what many believed would work differently in the beginning (you do a quest on a mage that has five rewards, you get all the rewards, etc.)?
    It's not that I necessarily prefer it this way, I just never expected otherwise. In some ways it would be cool to have that added access to transmog gear, but on the other hand I think it would take away from the fun a little. Like you finally get that staff to drop on your priest and there's a bit of fun in that even though the item is from old content. As opposed to everyone unlocking that staff within one week- I don't know kind of removes that "thrill of the hunt," feeling in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    There was only one dev response and he said his statements don't reflect blizzard, hardly significant evidence.
    When the official Muffinus, System Designer at Blizzard says things like:
    Russ Petersen ‏@nite_moogle Apr 28

@Muffinus @Geno_100 all quests grant transmog credit for the items appropriate for your character.
    1 retweet 1 like
    Ami Yuy ‏@amiyuy_ Apr 28
    And also:

@nite_moogle @Muffinus @Geno_100 So we have to do Loremaster on all armor types?
    0 retweets 0 likes
    Russ Petersen ‏@nite_moogle Apr 28

@amiyuy_ @Muffinus @Geno_100 if you want to unlock every single appearance granted from questing, yes.
    Then yes, it reflects Blizzard and is significant evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is the way I see it. If my mage goes to Icecrown citadel and clears it. While in there Nibelung (staff) drops. My mage knows how to use this item and therefore it is unlocked in the wardrobe for any other character that also would know how to use the staff had it dropped from them. How do they "know" how to use this look without even getting the drop themselves? My mage told them "how". Now say a plate helm drops. My mage clearly has no idea how to wear it, the game makes its pretty obvious my character, for some reason, cannot grasp how to put that helm on. (Mentally challanged perhaps, I do now know). Seeing as my mage got no idea what to do with that helm, she cannot teach my warrior how to use that look. She cant trade it to him either, as the item is soulbound not account-bound.

With the old-quest issue. Im a bit sad some item looks will just be gone. But limiting the unlocks to only items you could wear yourself makes sense following the above logic. Also, with them saying old looks may return through some other means, Im not worried about it.

Edit. This logic doesnt explain why a warrior clearning icc wont unlock a cloth helm, as he clearly can equip it. But in all honesty, there is no reason for him to be able to wear cloth items, as it will never benefit him. This also seems like a move made cause they didnt want some classes to be better "Transmog classes" than others. It also combats people needing on stuff for "My mage wants that trasmog!" reasons.
    Last edited by Valette; 2016-05-18 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I think the equip BoE requirement is so you don't find a rare BoE like Teebu's sword and just pass it around to everyone on the server.
    The BoE thing is actually fine. I noticed when I looked back that they actually said it has to be Bound to you, which honestly doesn't bother me. That restriction makes sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Why would I even want to do lore master achive twice? Its a total grind fest and waste of time.
    so is unlocking every single horrible green item mog from vanilla...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Because what I said isn't significantly clear enough, the bulk of this post IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME. It is copied from someone's tumblr who is sourced just below this.

This thread is about the recent changes to what was planned and partially implemented in Legion to the Wardrobe/Transmog system. I'll be copy-pasting the information here, but I want to cite the person who made this post on their tumblr right here. Apologies if this is somewhere else, but I didn't see any threads for it. Onto the info:

More Transmog Changes In Legion, Blizzcon To Now.

So, there are many changes made to what we were told at Blizzcon. Honestly, some of it’s shattering, some of it’s pointless, and some is just annoying.

At Blizzcon we were told anything we looted would be unlocked for our account. This was excellent! Did you do firelands on your mage and get no staff? No problem, go on your rogue and have it drop for him. Now your mage has a staff!

Did you do Loremaster back in Classic? Did you do it again after Cataclysm’s zone changes? Great! ALL of the quest rewards is now unlocked to your account. Did you choose a bow over the sword? You get both sword and bow now because of the fact you did the quest!.

But, of course. Players have a quote they love to say about Blizzard.

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED.

In order to unlock an armor piece, it must be SOULBOUND, and any trade/refund timer must EXPIRE before it is unlocked. This means if a pretty green drops, you need to equip it and make it soubound in order to unlock it.
    If an item is race/race/faction restricted, it will only unlock when looted by the target.
    To unlock an armor piece, it must be of your class’s PRIMARY armor spec. This means if your priest’s long lost helmet drops on your warrior, you’re out of luck flat out. Warriors can equip cloth, but that helmet isn’t plate, so it isn’t unlocked.
    To unlock a weapon, your class has to be able to equip it to unlock. This means to get a warrior to max level if you want to farm a weapon that refuses to drop for another class of yours. If it’s a wand, you’re out of luck.

And now, there’s one big change that was made recently. As Blizzard promised us before,

“If you complete a quest, ALL of the rewards will be unlocked, no matter what you chose.”

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED. Blizzard changed this rule DRASTICALLY. People, like myself, have began to do Loremaster in order to get all of that sweet transmog you unlock. As some people know, both factions have UNIQUE quest rewards you can only get by questing on that faction. No faction restriction, simply they didn’t add the model to the other. So, in order to get ALL quest rewards, you needed to do Loremaster twice.

Now, blizzard changed this. You no longer get all rewards, you only get what belongs to your class. If you did all quests on a hunter, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED THE MAIL AND WHATEVER WEAPONS YOU’RE ALLOWED TO EQUIP. If you did all the quests on a warrior, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED PLATE AND ALL WEAPONS(minus wands).

This means if you want to get ALL quest rewards for transmog, you need to do Loremaster EIGHT TIMES. One for EACH armor type, for BOTH factions.

Q: “So we have to do Loremaster on all armor types?”

A: “if you want to unlock every single appearance granted from questing, yes.”

Q: “Could you at least reconsider easing the unlock restrictions for old removed quest rewards?”

A: “we would rather offer other opportunities to earn otherwise lost appearances”

Source:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6754?page=1#15

Oh, right. Here’s the biggest punch to the face.

THIS APPLIES TO REMOVED QUESTS AS WELL, so everything before Cataclysm..

https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...07569327935493

I hope everyone did loremaster 8 times before Cata so they can have those removed rewards.. and did it 8 times after.

EDIT: My personal thoughts and feelings are that this change is unneeded and unfun. Who here likes this change? Anyone? Anyone at all? No? Didn't think so.
    Terrible design. I can see no logic behind forcing people to do loremaster 8 times or grinding gear on alts if they want to unlock it. It's not a good way to make people willing to do it. They won't do it instead. People will play less. Illogical from a game designer. I thought they didn't like the idea of alts empowering a main character/account progression. The worst design is still doing quests 8 times. What the hell. At the time there is 38k transmogs. 38000. Getting it one time is enough.

The only design decision I agree with is BoE = you must equip it.
    Otherwise I'm curious to have the name of the designer.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-05-18 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am okay with the "must be usable" change and with the "primary armor" change. I'm even okay with having to level up new toons to get all of the options there. That gives me a justified excuse to level toons, and I enjoy leveling. Hell, it gives me a reason to level a Gnome Hunter for the chainmail.

What I'm NOT okay with is losing all the pre-cata quest gear. I came just short of the original Loremaster achievement and even though I didn't get it, I still did a shitton of quests no longer in the game that I'd rather not lose credit for completing.

Also, a question regarding the wardrobe: Is there an in-game list of which items you have and don't have with a location to get them? Like, if I'm missing a certain pair of pants, I could look it up in-wardrobe and it would tell me where to find it? Or does it only list the ones you have?

And if I hover over a certain weapon, is there a way to quickly see if I already have it unlocked? I ask because I want to know while I'm leveling if I have something already unlocked from that quest on a different toon.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-05-18 at 10:47 PM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

When the official Muffinus, System Designer at Blizzard says things like:

And also:

Then yes, it reflects Blizzard and is significant evidence.
    Give me a direct link to those please, I did not see them linked AT ALL in your source.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    No. You're missing the point completely. How is this hard for you to understand: you cannot do these old quests anymore. It was the solution, unlocking every single quest reward for your wardrobe. If I could still do these quests, I wouldn't mind it. I don't mind it for current content, the way they changed their stance. Sure, them changing their stance is typical Blizzard-like and utter bullshit, but I'd still be able to complete it. Pre-Cataclysm isn't available anymore. Now, did you understand that or do I have to go to even simpler examples?
    again alot of these "lost items" can be unlocked from world drops, garrison salavage yard, and other means unknown yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Give me a direct link to those please, I did not see them linked AT ALL in your source.
    Here: https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...07569327935493

In the original post and on the dude's tumblr.

Deleted
    so is unlocking every single horrible green item mog from vanilla...
    I really don't understand what your point is. You seem to post just to disagree with people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I am okay with the "must be usable" change and with the "primary armor" change. I'm even okay with having to level up new toons to get all of the options there. That gives me a justified excuse to level toons, and I enjoy leveling. Hell, it gives me a reason to level a Gnome Hunter for the chainmail.

What I'm NOT okay with is losing all the pre-cata quest gear. I came just short of the original Loremaster achievement and even though I didn't get it, I still did a shitton of quests no longer in the game that I'd rather not lose credit for completing.
    you still do, your miss reading what the op copy/pasted here

you will unlock all items from the vanilla quests that are your armor type/ equipable weapon, of any quests you did, but you will not unlock plate froom a quest you did as a mage

also can you get me a link of the items no longer obtainable as their quests are gone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    I really don't understand what your point is. You seem to post just to disagree with people.
    because about 80% of the "gone" items share looks with items from dungeons/world drops/were reused as rewards in cata/salavage yard, meaning they are still ingame

again alot of these "lost items" can be unlocked from world drops, garrison salavage yard, and other means unknown yet...
    Which results in people needing to try and farm for items they've already done the content for. Hell, they may very well have chosen those items back in the day because armor classes weren't as rigid as they are now. It was a time when every melee DPS went for leather just because it had the best itemization.

Was anyone expecting anything other than "Stretchy McStretchface" when it comes to Blizzard implementations? Why make something that eases up on the player side, instead of making that player grind twice, or thrice the same content in order to complete it.

In before: "Lack of content?! Do you even have all the transmog pieces already?! - then there's still content! It's just content you don't want to do!"

7+ Year Old Account
    The "change" isn't really one, especially in Alpha content, especially when it was mostly clarification.

I'm glad they're not spending hundreds/thousands of man hours to perfect retroactive awards.

"I want it all, easily, wahhhh!" nope.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

I kind of expected everything would have to be soulbound to be unlocked, but the quest reward thing is a bit disappointing but makes some sense with the way the whole thing works. The biggest inconvenience is definitely anything from pre-Cataclysm, I think they should just unlock everything that can no longer be obtained since the world changed.