Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Which results in people needing to try and farm for items they've already done the content for. Hell, they may very well have chosen those items back in the day because armor classes weren't as rigid as they are now. It was a time when every melee DPS went for leather just because it had the best itemization.
    yes, again, why would people want to farm every single possible transmog in the game? why do people feel forced to, so much that if they want to be compleationists that they will complain to blizzard "100%-ing your game takes too long~"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I kind of expected everything would have to be soulbound to be unlocked, but the quest reward thing is a bit disappointing but makes some sense with the way the whole thing works. The biggest inconvenience is definitely anything from pre-Cataclysm, I think they should just unlock everything that can no longer be obtained since the world changed.
    most if not all the vanilla quest items looks were reused in cata, world drops, salvage yard, so are still obtainable
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yeah because the game needs more of "everyone has everything", like the game wasn't sucked dry of depth enough as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I kind of expected everything would have to be soulbound to be unlocked, but the quest reward thing is a bit disappointing but makes some sense with the way the whole thing works. The biggest inconvenience is definitely anything from pre-Cataclysm, I think they should just unlock everything that can no longer be obtained since the world changed.
    I'd like to understand how it makes sense, in an account wide system, to do quests that rewards soulbound items up to 8 times instead of just once.

stupid thread, if you want to unlock thousands of appearances it's going to take thousands of hours, you don't need them all but you're making out like you fucking deserve them all.

obtaining all of X in wow takes a fucking long time, why would thousands of armour pieces be any faster?

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Here: https://twitter.com/nite_moogle/stat...07569327935493

In the original post and on the dude's tumblr.
    Yes and it says specifically "My posts don't reflect blizzard, they are my personal own" therefor its meaningless what he says
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I think the more immediate issue with the new Xmog is that you are stuck with your artifact type for the entire expansion
    You can transmog your artifact all you want

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Doing Loremaster multiple times up to 8 total to cover each faction and armor type is stupid beyond comprehension. I'm glad you have enough time to do that, but most don't and especially on something like this that is purely cosmetic it just bodes ill of Legion if they've got to take this from the beautiful system they announced and turn it back into some gigantic time sink to try to keep people engaged during their well established content droughts. Also for all those quests that were removed and were done on characters that won't unlock anything at all with this new way it's a complete buzzkill that literally makes no sense at all.

Is their patch schedule and participation rate projections so bad that they have to do this? If so then so be it, lots of us are hanging by a thread after WoD and Legion really had to deliver hard to keep us.
    Make up whatever excuses you wish to try and barter your way against exclusiveness of content. By the end of the day, it's optional as well as cosmetic. You aren't being forced to unlock all of the appearances on every character that you decide to create, if you're an altoholic to that point, then what would it even matter? Also, you end up getting most of the questing done when you level new characters, heirlooms or not you get a lot done and questing is still the fastest way to level. If you feel so OCD about unlocking every appearance on every character for both factions then that is your issue for being OCD about it in the first place.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

To unlock an armor piece, it must be of your class’s PRIMARY armor spec. This means if your priest’s long lost helmet drops on your warrior, you’re out of luck flat out. Warriors can equip cloth, but that helmet isn’t plate, so it isn’t unlocked.
    This is poorly thought through on Blizzard's part.

If most gear was guaranteed, sure — equip rules would encourage more play. But how is running Naxx on your priest going to increase Armageddon's drop rate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    yes, again, why would people want to farm every single possible transmog in the game? why do people feel forced to, so much that if they want to be compleationists that they will complain to blizzard "100%-ing your game takes too long~"
    Completionism is a way to play video games, some people pve, some pvp, and some are into collection, they get pleasure out of it when they complete it, it was once possible to complete a collection but over time looks like designers stopped caring.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Yes and it says specifically "My posts don't reflect blizzard, they are my personal own" therefor its meaningless what he says
    Close to every dev of every game has something like that on their account. It's a way for the company to deny responsibility if they say something that gets them in hot water.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But, of course. Players have a quote they love to say about Blizzard.
    FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED.
    Odd. This's the first time I've seen a quote like this.
    Anyway after reading the OP and the thread up to now, I see no new information than what was gleaned from the original announcement and the posts in the alpha forums. It was pretty clear that the wardrobe would obey the rules of transmogrification, and nothing has been "changed."

It's a bit curt, but to be honest, I think you and whomever you're linking are trippin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and defend Blizzard on this one. It makes perfect logical sense that only gear appropriate for your class can be "learned" and saved to the transmit closet. Also, people would exploit the shit out of trading Boe gear if it could be learned just by having it in your inventory.

Great move on Blizzard's part. Just be thankful a wardrobe system is coming to WoW in the first place.
    Yeah people are never grateful for anything...

It's not even about one character. Before you had to at least do it with two to get both factions. It's about the fact that now it takes four times that amount
    What do you expect? Business as usual for Blizzard, artificially extending the life of content through grinds and stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Make up whatever excuses you wish to try and barter your way against exclusiveness of content. By the end of the day, it's optional as well as cosmetic. You aren't being forced to unlock all of the appearances on every character that you decide to create, if you're an altoholic to that point, then what would it even matter? Also, you end up getting most of the questing done when you level new characters, heirlooms or not you get a lot done and questing is still the fastest way to level. If you feel so OCD about unlocking every appearance on every character for both factions then that is your issue for being OCD about it in the first place.
    Agreed with the Maiden.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    So because Blizzard is just not making it easier, they're the bad guys? The restrictions on the wardrobe are the same as current restrictions, them not making it easier for people to fill their wardrobe list is a poor excuse to bash Blizzard, especially when there are a fair bit of legit criticisms one could make at the moment. Funny to me how many people are complaining just because they might actually have to work hard to complete their wardrobes, as if it isn't something that should require a decent time investment. It was never intended to be filled by one char.
    I think anyone who thinks the wardrobe would not take an insane amount of time and dedication to complete -- even if you unlocked every item you ever looted with zero restrictions -- is vastly underestimating the enormous amount of skins in the game (with more being constantly added) and the difficulty of obtaining many of them. If there were no restrictions whatsoever, then it would be feasible that incredibly dedicated players could get close to completing their wardrobe after a long time.

With the current proposed system, however? The number of people who ever come anywhere near to completing their collection will be astronomically small to the point of insignificance. It's not like this is a system that's stimulating compelling gameplay here -- 95% of it is going to be straight up grinding outdated content over and over again. This is going to drive away far more people than it engages. The grind is important in an MMO, but all stick and no carrot only breeds boredom and indifference. It cannot be overstated just how ludicrous the collection process will be for even semi-completionists under the current rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Daren View Post
    What do you expect? Business as usual for Blizzard, artificially extending the life of content through grinds and stuff like this.
    So getting everything in your xmog closet is content now? Getting every white, green, blue, purple, orange item, on both factions, for every class etc.. is now content that has been nerfed somehow? Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Completionism is a way to play video games, some people pve, some pvp, and some are into collection, they get pleasure out of it when they complete it, it was once possible to complete a collection but over time looks like designers stopped caring.
    hope you got every heirloom, every pet including CE, every toy, every gladiator mount, tcg mount, world boss mount, every achievement ingame, otherwise your collecting isn't going very well.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Agreed with the Maiden.
    *Highfives then pivots back-to-back with serious faces and arms folded.*
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    <snip>
    Your sig strikes again.