Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    And I think that's the crux of it: The current proposed system is an improvement over what we currently have, and it's certainly not going to be a huge deal for every player, but there's no reason why it couldn't have been perfect for everyone. That's why myself and many other players -- completionists, roleplayers, fashion enthusiasts etc. -- are so frustrated by the way this is being handled. Not because we're being given an inch and asking for a mile, but because there's no real good reason for the system not to have looser restrictions, and it is no doubt taking the devs actual development time and resources to implement said restrictions rather than just allowing the system to be more open.

It just seems like effort is being put into minimising the upsides while maximising the negative points of the wardrobe, and even if that comes paired with a shiny new system that's better than what we had before, it's still poor game design.
    I couldn't find the right word for it, that was well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    because unlocking all of anything in wow is really long grindy and painful from a collection PoV in wow, why should transmog be any easier?

also the fact collecting is optional, they have no need to make your own grind easier, it's your 100% optional choice, 99% of people will only collect transmog they like, 0.001% will actually try to collect every transmog ingame.
    I think you're underestimating the amount of people who are into collecting. This number should be closer to 1% than 0.001% at the very least. People that are likely passionate players, that you would not especially want to give an hard time for accomplishing stuff with efforts given. And there is a difference between long grindy painful collection and trying to unnecessarily greatly extend the length of a completion that is already very long.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-05-18 at 11:24 PM.

So does my priest get the agility and strength weapons of the the appropriate types (staff, dagger, 1 H mace)? The wands are, obviously, all intellect.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    because unlocking all of anything in wow is really long grindy and painful from a collection PoV in wow, why should transmog be any easier?

also the fact collecting is optional, they have no need to make your own grind easier, it's your 100% optional choice, 99% of people will only collect transmog they like, 0.001% will actually try to collect every transmog ingame.
    It's a hell of a lot simpler in Diablo III, and that game is by definition a grindfest. Get something on your Barbarian? Congrats, you've unlocked it for everyone else.

Might be worth reposting to the official forums if you haven't already, just to get some attention for the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    Your sig strikes again.
    Yeah it is a year old. But it currently seems to be right on point. Legion feels (on beta) like a slightly better version of WoD.

But it doesnt do it for me.

Anyway should i change it? Since you know It is going to be disappointing either way. Yeah I think i will do that.

Are you fucking kidding me? Just when it seems like Blizzard is finally gonna do something right they find a way to fuck it up. No wonder Final Fantasy is going to usurp WoW player-wise by the time Legion has been out for a couple of months and dies out.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    It's a hell of a lot simpler in Diablo III, and that game is by definition a grindfest. Get something on your Barbarian? Congrats, you've unlocked it for everyone else.
    diablo 3 is a shithole, grindfest? no you just run rifts 24/7 it's an insult to the diablo series.

Doing every single quest for Loremaster is very tedious already. The fact that they want me to do it 7 other times just to get all the Transmog is bullshit because they stated otherwise before. If they came out with this position from the get-go my feelings would be different.

- - - Updated - - -

diablo 3 is a shithole, grindfest? no you just run rifts 24/7 it's an insult to the diablo series.
    Dude you obviously never played Diablo I or II

I wish they'd allow classes that get an item they can't use to take it to the t-mog guys to get processed (and destroyed) for a small fee and added to the account wardrobe. (maybe something based on multiplying the vendor value)

I'm fine with all of this. They want you to play and keep playing the game. Not do it once and forget.

Also it's not like it takes forever to do Loremaster, so it should be rather quickly done for most altoholics

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    I'm fine with all of this. They want you to play and keep playing the game. Not do it once and forget.

Also it's not like it takes forever to do Loremaster, so it should be rather quickly done for most altoholics
    And the stuff that's no longer obtainable?

Diablo 3 has no armor types.

And not everything is transmogable (I'm looking at you Corrupted Ashbringer)

It remains that way? Should have done it back then, like T3 Naxx or WOTLK T7 mounts. Same with all the ZG/ZA/Naxx40 items really.

7+ Year Old Account
    There were announcements on how the Wardrobe system would work that differed from the original announcement at BlizzCon (either things changed or weren't explained well). Some people are upset, some people aren't, some people are acting as if the people who are upset just wanted everything for free.
    except these announcements are months old, and your just coppying someone elses thread to post here... when this has allready been discussed, many times, months ago

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Doing every single quest for Loremaster is very tedious already. The fact that they want me to do it 7 other times just to get all the Transmog is bullshit because they stated otherwise before. If they came out with this position from the get-go my feelings would be different.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude you obviously never played Diablo I or II
    omfg dude, getting everything in the game, takes alot of grinding, i never would have known!

- - - Updated - - -

like? you still havent shown a single peice of gear no longer obtainable

link me a item from wowhead, no longer obtainable because vanilal quests removed

actuallty make it 10, just so you cant find some 1 horribly looking item...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Stopped reading when you said Tumblr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    And I think that's the crux of it: The current proposed system is an improvement over what we currently have, and it's certainly not going to be a huge deal for every player, but there's no reason why it couldn't have been perfect for everyone. That's why myself and many other players -- completionists, roleplayers, fashion enthusiasts etc. -- are so frustrated by the way this is being handled. Not because we're being given an inch and asking for a mile, but because there's no real good reason for the system not to have looser restrictions, and it is no doubt taking the devs actual development time and resources to implement said restrictions rather than just allowing the system to be more open.

It just seems like effort is being put into minimising the upsides while maximising the negative points of the wardrobe, and even if that comes paired with a shiny new system that's better than what we had before, it's still poor game design.
    The problem is you're thinking of it as Blizzard deliberately not doing what you want when the truth of it is they just aren't changing how the restrictions work now. A lot of people in this thread are asking for looser restrictions while trying to frame it as if it was the default choice all along and that they're some how being screwed because the system is staying the same. If you need thousands of models just to make the perfect outfit then you absolutely should have to put in lots of time to get them, if you're going to treat the reward system like a mini-game then how you obtain it should be a mini-game of sorts as well. I also feel the need to point out that each xpac only has a set amount of sets overall and most of them aren't very amazing looking so you really only need to find out what zones drop what you want and do them on the applicable character, not exactly a massively time consuming requirement.

Yeah... would be so fair for Warrior mains to be able to unlock everything while Clothy mains need to do other classes of armor/weapon types to unlock their stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because what I said isn't significantly clear enough, the bulk of this post IS NOT WRITTEN BY ME. It is copied from someone's tumblr who is sourced just below this.

This thread is about the recent changes to what was planned and partially implemented in Legion to the Wardrobe/Transmog system. I'll be copy-pasting the information here, but I want to cite the person who made this post on their tumblr right here. Apologies if this is somewhere else, but I didn't see any threads for it. Onto the info:

More Transmog Changes In Legion, Blizzcon To Now.

So, there are many changes made to what we were told at Blizzcon. Honestly, some of it’s shattering, some of it’s pointless, and some is just annoying.

At Blizzcon we were told anything we looted would be unlocked for our account. This was excellent! Did you do firelands on your mage and get no staff? No problem, go on your rogue and have it drop for him. Now your mage has a staff!

Did you do Loremaster back in Classic? Did you do it again after Cataclysm’s zone changes? Great! ALL of the quest rewards is now unlocked to your account. Did you choose a bow over the sword? You get both sword and bow now because of the fact you did the quest!.

But, of course. Players have a quote they love to say about Blizzard.

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED.
    <remaining QQ snipped>
    Wah wah wah, cry me a river. Their 'rules' for account-wide transmog are completely reasonable, just because you want to take your rogue and farm everything for every other class/armor type you play doesn't change that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    like? you still havent shown a single peice of gear no longer obtainable
    Ok, my example. My old main was a druid. I did quest in pre cata wetlands that awarded this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=3558/fen-keeper-robe

Now I won't have it unlocked, because sucks to be me I played a druid and not priest back then.

There are dresses with same model but none of the remaining ones have the same coloring.

In before someone saying "I don't like this dress, it sucks so your point is invalid".

EDIT: Another one of my old favourities:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=6801/baroque-apron

There are similar dresses but they don't have short sleeves only long. This one was unique.

At least I'm glad I have this one on my priest alt:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=7711/robe-of-doan
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-05-18 at 11:38 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Yeah... would be so fair for Warrior mains to be able to unlock everything while Clothy mains need to do other classes of armor/weapon types to unlock their stuff...
    If you're unaware of how they originally explained it, it was simply that, "If you do a quest, you get the rewards." That means, as a Clothy, if you did the quest and it had plate or mail or leather rewards you can't select or can't even see, you would get it. It's not about Warrior mains or whatever having an advantage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Ok, my example. My old main was a druid. I did quest in pre cata wetlands that awarded this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=3558/fen-keeper-robe

Now I won't have it unlocked, because sucks to be me I played a druid and not priest back then.

There are dresses with same model but none of the remaining ones have the same coloring.

In before someone saying "I don't like this dress, it sucks so your point is invalid".
    yeah there is 1, sadly, and yeah you wouldent be able to use it for your druid anyways but yeah

that is 1 item with no replacement of it (however there is probebly items of higher res that would look perfect but is not a exact match)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-05-18 at 11:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good