Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    If we're going to argue for arbitrary warning labels, we might as well validate everyone's delusions!
    Precisely.
    "This product contains GMO"
    "That fucker Steve had his hands all over this product"
    "This product contains water"
    "This product touched a surface that touched a surface that may or may not have once belonged to a dentist"
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Agent orange was pretty evil.
    no more evil the any military weapons manufacture, do you blame Boeing for the firebombing of dresden?

Deleted
    Nothing you said refuted his argument, in fact you only further proved that his point was correct. You say people have the right to choose so we should label products if they are made by someone named Steve too. That's just the free market bro.
    People have the right to choose whose company's products to buy. Most companies haveguys named steve.
    It's amazing I actually had to explain that

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    GMO scare is ridiculous. All they did is sped up the evolution process of a plant, like bananas and corn, to a point where it has the specific qualities that we need.
    Yea no, that is not how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Precisely.
    "This product contains GMO"
    "That fucker Steve had his hands all over this product"
    "This product contains water"
    "This product touched a surface that touched a surface that may or may not have once belonged to a dentist"
    Haha fantastic. I can think of many scary things requiring government mandated labels too!

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    People have the right to choose whose company's products to buy. Most companies haveguys named steve.
    Yeah, but I don't want to buy products from companies with people named Steve because the safety tests just haven't been done. I demand government labels.
    Last edited by Sargerasraider; 2016-05-19 at 01:29 AM.

I wonder if Monsanto cut off any connection to GMOs if people would be afraid of them at all. Because i have yet to speak to one anti-GMO person that doesn't use "But Monsanto.." as part of their reasoning on why we should be afraid.
    People wouldn't be afraid if they knew what foods have or are GMO. It is in a lot more then corn and crops here and there. It's in canola oil, 93% of the US soy crop is GMO which means anything containing or made from soy is GMO. Honey, Milk, sugar, even potatos are GMO.

If they had to label GMO foods, most foods on our shelves would have the label.
    Last edited by petej0; 2016-05-19 at 01:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I don't understand. Why do you have any more right to require a label for GMOs than I do for products made by people named Steve? What makes GMOs different from things made by people named Steve? The citizen should have a choice to know that someone named Steve had his filthy hands all over their product.
    Read my post a good few times and *POOOF* magically find out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    If we're going to argue for arbitrary warning labels, we might as well validate everyone's delusions!
    "warning" labels?

*scratches head*

Right guys... Give me a poke when you're done alright?

Deleted
    Agent orange was pretty evil.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a terrible point. You are advocating irrationality through the guise of "consumer choice"
    What in the name of God Almighty are you even talking about?

Read my post a good few times and *POOOF* magically find out.
    Nope, you still haven't explained what makes GMOs special that they need to be labeled. You've already admitted they're not dangerous.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    You have a very loose definition on what "rights" are.
    You don't like the Free market economy?
    It does sound a bit hippie actually. "Free market".
    Yeah better off having corporations bending the market. That'll turn out well.

Deleted
    So if it's a free market we should know what products are made by people named steve.

:P
    Right if you want to act like those two I'll be more than happy to let you continue on this road. Give us a poke when you're done.

7+ Year Old Account
    People fighting for the rights of corporations over the rights of the citizens of the country. WTF is the matter people.

I mean, does cross breeding plants count as genetic modification?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Right if you want to act like those two I'll be more than happy to let you continue on this road. Give us a poke when you're done.
    So, if you want to argue for arbitrary labels, why can't we? If they're not warning labels, then we should be able to argue for anything we want on there, right?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    People fighting for the rights of corporations over the rights of the citizens of the country. WTF is the matter people.
    No, we're fighting against Luddites.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty much another vaccine scare or global warming denial, people not knowing science.
    Why do people feel the need to toss this into their OPs?

"Look at all these dumb people saying something I disagree with! They are just as dumb as these other people over here that I disagree with!"

It's basically making commentary on a completely separate issue, and then when and if somebody tries to bring it up or defend their position they will be labeled as off-topic or derailing the thread. So why not just keep the OPs clean and focused on the actual issue of the thread, without throwing in random cheap shots against other completely unrelated positions regarding different issues entirely?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Then don't buy them?

Classic reaction. Person realizes his argument is pulverized into oblivion and bows out of the discussion.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    People wouldn't be afraid if they knew what foods have or are GMO. It is in a lot more then corn and crops here and there. It's in canola oil, 93% of the US soy crop is GMO which means anything containing or made from soy is GMO. Honey, Milk, sugar, even potatos are GMO.

If they had to label GMO foods, most foods on our shelves would have the label.
    People are idiots. See: Gluten free fad.

It's to make people understand exactly how unreasonable they are being.
    That still doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't it be better to just let people read and decide for themselves, if they haven't already? How does it make sense to attempt to convince readers that position A for subject X is 'unreasonable' by referencing position B for subject Y for comparison? It's either taking cheap shots at the issue at hand by attempting to carry over a person's opinion on subject Y to the current topic by trying to convince them that it is 'just as ridiculous', or it is taking cheap shots at the issues referenced by attempting to claim that those positions are 'just as ridiculous' as the issue at hand. Either way it accomplishes nothing of value apart from either trying to trick others into adopting a premature position or simply taking cheap shots at those unrelated issues without threat of repercussion or response.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

monsanto should really come out with a gmo vaccine that fights climate change, that would really draw out the conspiracy fans.