Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only thing (if it's true), is that I can't get the other items I could've chosen for quests that are NOT available anymore is pretty upsetting.

Everything else is fine, but cmmon, you can't even do the quests anymore, the least you could do is unlock the other rewards for that given quest.

Yes as the title states it very much feels like Fun detected, Fun nerfed. And it saddens me every day that I feel like that when trying to play a game for enjoyment. I even limit the amount of news I read on legion these days as I am tired of hearing one good thing and two more that annoy me when it comes to Blizzard's current game design.

When transmog wardrobe was first announced it was "Wow that's awesome!". Plus old quests completed are unlocked "Incredible that's really cool". Sounds like fun, I will be able to transmog toons now that I have never bothered with before. And then the fine print downers start. Have to usable, has to be armor type for that character etc etc. That rare item that I got to drop damn that was on the mage not the warrior, can't use it. And the thought of going back and redoing previous expansions for the unlockable gear after already leveling 11 toons is totally not fun.

And my biggest question on all this is how much time was wasted by Blizzard in coding these extra restrictions. As a raider who is sick of the sight of HFC I question why they would make their consumers wait excessive amounts of time with zero fresh content while you are busy building in annoying restrictions that only Blizzard wants to see. Seriously you have a toon they have this in their bags and bank, Transmog Unlocked. You over the period of days, months, years did these quests, Transmog Unlocked. Simple, easier to code, less frustrations for players. No nit picking, no restrictions. After all it was still me controlling whatever toon I was playing at the time.

When I see someone standing in town or in front of a raid I have never questioned if they earnt that weapon mog or the cool gear set by grinding for days or months on the right character (They may have been lucky and it dropped first time) I just think " Damn dude that looks cool."

It's a game Blizz, that we play for Fun. Stop trying to force us into your tunnel way of thinking how we are supposed to enjoy ourselves and more of us might actually stay around in this game.

how is that fun nerfed?

oh, let me go do mythic hfc that way my level 1 can have all the loots from that raid when it reaches 100...same thing as unlocking transmogs...

makes no sense

I don't see how this is a big deal. I've always went out and got a mog that I wanted on the class I wanted it on, even if I had to do the same chain more then once. That's the fun of it to me, taking my alt and going out and hunting down the mog for that toon. The only part that kinda sucks is the quests that are not around anymore, but if they re add that gear back through other means that's fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashbang View Post
    Yes as the title states it very much feels like Fun detected, Fun nerfed. And it saddens me every day that I feel like that when trying to play a game for enjoyment. I even limit the amount of news I read on legion these days as I am tired of hearing one good thing and two more that annoy me when it comes to Blizzard's current game design.

When transmog wardrobe was first announced it was "Wow that's awesome!". Plus old quests completed are unlocked "Incredible that's really cool". Sounds like fun, I will be able to transmog toons now that I have never bothered with before. And then the fine print downers start. Have to usable, has to be armor type for that character etc etc. That rare item that I got to drop damn that was on the mage not the warrior, can't use it. And the thought of going back and redoing previous expansions for the unlockable gear after already leveling 11 toons is totally not fun.

And my biggest question on all this is how much time was wasted by Blizzard in coding these extra restrictions. As a raider who is sick of the sight of HFC I question why they would make their consumers wait excessive amounts of time with zero fresh content while you are busy building in annoying restrictions that only Blizzard wants to see. Seriously you have a toon they have this in their bags and bank, Transmog Unlocked. You over the period of days, months, years did these quests, Transmog Unlocked. Simple, easier to code, less frustrations for players. No nit picking, no restrictions. After all it was still me controlling whatever toon I was playing at the time.

When I see someone standing in town or in front of a raid I have never questioned if they earnt that weapon mog or the cool gear set by grinding for days or months on the right character (They may have been lucky and it dropped first time) I just think " Damn dude that looks cool."

It's a game Blizz, that we play for Fun. Stop trying to force us into your tunnel way of thinking how we are supposed to enjoy ourselves and more of us might actually stay around in this game.
    You've got it backwards, keeping the current restrictions requires no effort, changing them does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Um no, you are stuck with restrictions for the artifact type
    No. You can transmog the artifact. You can't transmog other things into the artifact.

I can change that ugly-ass BM gun into a much better-looking gun, that matches my transmog. But I can't change it into the MM bow.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2016-05-19 at 01:40 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that bugs me is unavailable gear, but it's kind of a nothing lost, nothing gained situation really. An incomplete wardrobe is better than no wardrobe at all.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    You've got it backwards, keeping the current restrictions requires no effort, changing them does.
    I think you misunderstand. Assuming your theory on this always being the way it was meant to be is correct (and I'm not saying it is), he means that when they were designing it, making it simpler and easier would have saved them a lot of trouble. Building up those restrictions was unnecessary work for them.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    No. You can transmog the artifact. You can't transmog other things into the artifact.

I can change that ugly-ass BM gun into a much better-looking gun, that matches my transmog. But I can't change it into the MM bow.

Which is his point.
    If you get an ugly, boring weapon type you're stuck with that type for the entire expansion.

Huh. Kind of a bummer about the quest rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I think you misunderstand. Assuming your theory on this always being the way it was meant to be is correct (and I'm not saying it is), he means that when they were designing it, making it simpler and easier would have saved them a lot of trouble. Building up those restrictions was unnecessary work for them.
    Except those restrictions were in place already, adding gear that falls outside current transmog parameters would have meant they'd have to tell the system to count all classes for all rewards rather than just the simple rule of "If you can wear it, it's added".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Which is his point.
    If you get an ugly, boring weapon type you're stuck with that type for the entire expansion.
    I think he misread his quoted post, and I then misread his.

Eyeballs! Why you fail me?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    You don't have to be feel sorry for me, I'm not asking that at all. I'm expressing what I think and feel and don't need sympathy for it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Damajin/simple as you can see I've played quite a bit, not as much as I used to and always considering whether to keep doing so.

I didn't assume the qualities of it, they released specific info on it that has now been walked back for exactly what reason, again? You'd think they'd have learned from what happened during WoD that you've got to stick with your main selling points especially on something as optional and cosmetic as transmog is. But no, we have a clear walking back of the main selling points right here and you and others tripping over themselves trying to justify it as a valid decision and somehow reasonable to expect people to want to engage in more than once.

From a pure customer service standpoint, it's an atrocious decision. From a customer relations one it's a nightmare, and since the goal is to keep people playing and excitement levels high decisions like this are a shot in the foot towards any reasonable chance of reaching that goal. We're already trying to shake off the damage WoD did and what do they do but pull a play right out of its' book.

Fucking stupid.
    You're just making up stuff now that you don't have a point now, strawmanning what you assume the success of WoD has to do with your own faulty argument over your assumption of Blizzard "promising" you something that they never actually did. Again, I'm not sure why you cannot understand this simple concept, but you are not obligated to collect every single appearance in the game. If you choose to, then you're choosing to take on the grind that is associated with it. Grinds are very much a part of the MMO genre. I'm not sure why you think otherwise, but that is how it has always been.

Now, let's break this down this issue you have to its core. You. You're complaining because you want every single appearance in the game easy to get, even though that was never promised to you and you flat-out assumed something that was never true.

Let me simplify this as much as I can here:

Blizzard never promised you what you assumed here, what you think you were promised. You made it up and you turned out to be wrong. You are, literally and factually wrong here.

Blizzard is not responsible for your fuck-up, I am not responsible for your fuck-up, you - and only you - are responsible for assuming something that was never true to begin with.

Your repeated assumptions are the issue here and nothing else. You assumed that questing on one character would unlock everything despite it never being mentioned nor even released yet, being in development all this time. Your fault. You're now assuming that collecting all of the appearances in the game is something that is a commercial focus for the average player therefore part of their market action - again, no, it is not. You are assuming this as well because it is something that is optional in addition to being cosmetic which is something that is historically known for being lengthy to farm in addition to being grindy in WoW and MMO history. Yet here you are, assuming Blizzard's market plan without any actual insight into it while being completely wrong about the use of the appearance function. While appearances can optionally be collected, the intention for implementing it is not to collect them it is to relieve the stress on player storage while adding elements of Quality of Life to the game's transmog system. You are falsifying the reason for the implementation of the function, its primary purpose is not to be an premise for collecting things, that is only a secondary and optional purpose of the function.

Lastly, your strawmanning to WoD (which is completely irrelevant as well) highlights your lack of deduction into your premise. It is faulty.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2016-05-19 at 02:09 AM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    The only thing (if it's true), is that I can't get the other items I could've chosen for quests that are NOT available anymore is pretty upsetting.

Everything else is fine, but cmmon, you can't even do the quests anymore, the least you could do is unlock the other rewards for that given quest.
    The removed items bother me the most, as they're probably gone forever. Our only mistake being, that we did those quests on the wrong classes.

Also we have every right to feel "entitled" about these quest rewards. We did the quest, we deserve the rewards, even if they're just cosmetic fluff to some people.
    Last edited by Ickabob; 2016-05-19 at 02:23 AM.

So, just to point out the elephant in the room, the title is "fun detected, fun nerfed," and this is little more than a thread to complain about the wardrobe feature. Not sure if everyone knows this, there's already a thread for that, where most of this has been discussed.
    Now, just to play along, the way Blizzard announced the wardrobe feature, I can see how people would assume how it worked, but just to counter this mentality, I personally assumed it would work exactly as how Blizzard is implementing it: that whatever items I got ON THAT CHARACTER, WOULD BE UNLOCKED FOR THAT CHARACTER. The announcement of previous quests rewards, I again assumed it would apply only to the character that did the quest, to which I noticed other people thought it meant for every class on the account. I can understand people upset about old world quests before removal since I am also upset that there are patterns that are no longer accessible, but it's just the way it works sometimes. As others have said, Blizzard made a very basic statement at the premiere of the feature, to which everyone assumed how it would work. Now that assumption is wrong, and people are upset blaming Blizzard for it.
    As far as entitlement goes, yes, that character did the quests and that character deserves the rewards, but not every character on the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    You're just making up stuff now that you don't have a point now, strawmanning what you assume the success of WoD has to do with your own faulty argument over your assumption of Blizzard "promising" you something that they never actually did. Again, I'm not sure why you cannot understand this simple concept, but you are not obligated to collect every single appearance in the game. If you choose to, then you're choosing to take on the grind that is associated with it. Grinds are very much a part of the MMO genre. I'm not sure why you think otherwise, but that is how it has always been.

Now, let's break this down this issue you have to its core. You. You're complaining because you want every single appearance in the game easy to get, even though that was never promised to you and you flat-out assumed something that was never true.

Let me simplify this as much as I can here:

Blizzard never promised you what you assumed here, what you think you were promised. You made it up and you turned out to be wrong. You are, literally and factually wrong here.

Blizzard is not responsible for your fuck-up, I am not responsible for your fuck-up, you - and only you - are responsible for assuming something that was never true to begin with.

Your repeated assumptions are the issue here and nothing else. You assumed that questing on one character would unlock everything despite it never being mentioned nor even released yet, being in development all this time. Your fault. You're now assuming that collecting all of the appearances in the game is something that is a commercial focus for the average player therefore part of their market action - again, no, it is not. You are assuming this as well because it is something that is optional in addition to being cosmetic which is something that is historically known for being lengthy to farm in addition to being grindy in WoW and MMO history. Yet here you are, assuming Blizzard's market plan without any actual insight into it while being completely wrong about the use of the appearance function. While appearances can optionally be collected, the intention for implementing it is not to collect them it is to relieve the stress on player storage while adding elements of Quality of Life to the game's transmog system. You are falsifying the reason for the implementation of the function, its primary purpose is not to be an premise for collecting things, that is only a secondary and optional purpose of the function.

Lastly, your strawmanning to WoD (which is completely irrelevant as well) highlights your lack of deduction into your premise. It is faulty.

Skip to 2:41 and you see the info right in their own Blizzcon presentation.

Sorry, your argument is invalid.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Whine thread detected. Whine thread reported.

Frankly it's a good thing that you can only unlock your primary class. It will mean transmog runs for old raids means people only get to roll on gear their class can wear, and you don't get everyone rolling for everything. Maybe my priest's long lost hood does drop whilst I'm on my paladin, which would be a shame. But it means that priest can't nab that two-handed sword that I've been farming for with determination for weeks on end.

Also yes, I think unlocking every single piece of armour from every single quest is something that should take a long time and not be something you can do on one character. Normally you'd only be able to pick one quest reward anyway - and let's not forget that this means I can still get back all my old cool unique quest rewards I've deleted and couldn't obtain again.

This is hardly the height of fun detected, fun nerfed. That would be toys with a five minute effect length and a ridiculously long cooldown. I feel like.. why even bother with those things.

after trying it out i'm happy with the way it is. don't see any problems.

i think most players will feel the same way once they start playing legion release

The Coven of Dusk Desires goes hard