Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am ready to grate..

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    You don't need to kill people to become a fascist goverment.
    Careful, he might label you a millennial.. We know what Trump supporters think of those filthy, money hungry.. millennials..

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Are you sure that's an authoritarian position?
    What would you describe it as?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Sure, I can see why you'd view it as "no you". I don't think this jibes with historical or world reality though - Europe is the leftmost continent by a wide margin. Judging all American politics as right-wing requires either utterly ignoring the rest of the world and history or declaring that Europe is the new objective center.
    I'm not judging it by European standards but that silly chart thing people like to wheel out round here. This one.
    http://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016

Hey Sanders made it to the left, who knew lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Well the Nobel Peace prize winner was the reason for quite a few wars during his reign.
    I don't see why a moron boasting about the amount of wars he is going to win can't be the guy that is going to "stop the wars".
    Highlighted it for you!

he may not be a fascist, but he is definitely a demagogue. and those never lead to anything good, as they simply feed off the people's hatred to push a particular agenda.
    sometimes they become tools for fascists.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Considering Trump wanted to hunt down and torture family members of enemy leaders, and had to be told by his own military that was not just moraly wrong but also against geneva convention ethics - yeah, I say there's a pretty damn good bet Trump is going to encourage the lot.

Not to mention quotes like, "We're going to win so many wars, you're going to be SICK of winning!" that is an exact quote from Trump... not exactly the guy people are calming to be the one to "stop the wars" when he says crap like that too..
    Which is why we have checks and balances in place which assures no President can do that which is against the law such as what he proposed. He has said some dumb things. But he has said enough right things also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Yes we have, fascism doesn't have any clear goals like Communism does. Fascism is a pretty broad church.
    Your not serious.....right? You don't see the problem with officially sanctioned war crimes?
    Like torturing people?
    Kidnapping people from other countries and keeping them encarcerated against their will, while also torturing them?
    And killing people both on the US soil, and in other states without a court sentence and just trial?
    Having US troops support armed coups, overthrowing governments, and so on.

I mean that is unspeakable. God bless Trump is not a President now, and we don't have any of those.
    Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Which is why we have checks and balances in place which assures no President can do that which is against the law such as what he proposed. He has said some dumb things. But he has said enough right things also.
    Oh, we have a "retarded shit people say" scale now? His more than balances out to be considered for Presidency, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You can say that about anyone.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Tried genuinely by who?
    Might have me there lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Might have me there lol.
    Desire and ego has perverted every modern attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, we have a "retarded shit people say" scale now? His more than balances out to be considered for Presidency, huh?
    The scale only has two denotations of measurement... D and R...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

If by fascism you mean a deadlocked Senate that accomplishes nothing.

But he'll sure make a lot of hot air, it's his only skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    Like torturing people?
    Kidnapping people from other countries and keeping them encarcerated against their will, while also torturing them?
    And killing people both on the US soil, and in other states without a court sentence and just trial?
    Having US troops support armed coups, overthrowing governments, and so on.

I mean that is unspeakable. God bless Trump is not a President now, and we don't have any of those.
    Oh wait.
    What argument are you trying to make here exactly? That because the US has done bad things in the past it should continue to do those things?

Well unless they implement "against everyone" option during the President election - it does.
    Since we have to compare him to the other candidates, which don't make much more sense than he does, and say their own share of stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The scale only has two denotations of measurement... D and R...
    Elephant and Donkey, huh?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You can say that about anyone.
    Yeah. Which means he is human. If the right things he says are the things a lot of people agree with and support, guess what, if enough do, he gets elected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If by fascism you mean a deadlocked Senate that accomplishes nothing.
    indeed, the article operates under the false pretense that the GOP establishment in the house wants anything to do with Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elephant and Donkey, huh?
    Don't you mean Relephant?

Desire and ego has perverted every modern attempt.
    Yeah would definitely agree. I feel it's kinda impossible to create actual communism, once you go stateless people will go back to more obvious systems anyway.