Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    Nope, they can do double the amount of bosses per tier.
    You don't need 4 variants of every item, so you have a lot less ilevel bloat. And people don't rush lfr, beat the endboss without any challenge and thus make the threat of each expansion look like a weak excuse for a new expansion.

Take a look at TBC and how they managed raiding there, just merge the different tiers into one raid per tier and you have something for every kind of player but you don't just rehash every boss over and over again.
    I know you rose-tinted people dont want to hear this BUT: Raiding was MUCH mroe casual in TBC then it is today. People didnt min max in any deagree to what they do today. The best guilds cleared content and then sat there with nothing to do for a fuckload of time.

If you think making 1 difficulty instead of 4 free's up enough dev time to double the amount of bosses in raids then you are sorely mistaken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I was thinking it'd be the maximum 64 bit integer but that's ~9.2 quintillion. Still don't think it's a joke, they probably don't want to have to do a stat squish every 2 expansions.
    Exactly. Leave Blizzard alone! How dare you ask them to keep the game grounded and comprehensible every 4 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Exactly. Leave Blizzard alone! How dare you ask them to keep the game grounded and comprehensible every 4 years.
    Huh? Are you implying I'm white knighting Blizzard or something? I don't get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Huh? Are you implying I'm white knighting Blizzard or something? I don't get it.
    I dont think he gets it either tbh

Deleted
    Its pretty obvious, the stat squish didnt worked out.

The Bosses will have 120Q Hp and you will have 13M DPS or 152Mrd, all you see is 120Q or 152Mrd, not 152,000,000,000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    i think you confusing casual with easy to be honest. The ammount of time to get in to raiding and clear raids in tbc was insane

Also, besides im not agreeing with you, you simply lying in your post. the "best guilds" first: always clear the content and when there is no content "do nothing" second: TBC was the expansion with raids that need the most time to be cleared

so a lot lot lot lot less time whey they sat there doing nothing then panda or wod
    To be honest, I think a big chunk of that was due to things like attunements and so on. That also made it much harder to get new recruits into guilds as well as making it infinitely harder to have a bunch of alts ready to go at the drop of a hat if a fight favoured a certain class. The raids weren't "harder" per se, but certainly more inconvenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like i say i TOTALLY agree that raiding was MUUUUCH easier in tbc then now, im saying this all the time. (pressing shadowbolt all the time as lock was the dream)

It was however very hardcore because it was so time consuming. Yes attunment and other things like gearing has to do with it, but never the less it kept player occupied for more then the fast burn out raiding system that we have now. It doenst matter if the raids are better when the design phillsophy enforces burnout
    One extreme to the other but...this is really unrelated to the topic at hand.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is my experince, im challanged in mhytic wod very hard tbh. and in tbc when were progressing sunwell i had not a hardtime playing my class at all. And mechanics existed back then but it was not that tight and savvy like now. Also it was always a couple of people who must do a certain mechanic back then, not like now everyone. If i am compering the experince i really not feel im extravagating, im not said it was brain dead easy but yeah.

Also i would say it has to do with the topic. Im 100 % sure the item level bloat, that results in these numbers, come from 4 difficulty raid sizes, blizz should change it to one
    That doesn't cater to all the types of skill levels. It just wouldn't work like that. Like I said extreme solutions to extreme situations are not the answer. They should find a different solution. It's more likely that people will give up to proceed on wards in terms of difficulty.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I know you rose-tinted people dont want to hear this BUT: Raiding was MUCH mroe casual in TBC then it is today. People didnt min max in any deagree to what they do today. The best guilds cleared content and then sat there with nothing to do for a fuckload of time.

If you think making 1 difficulty instead of 4 free's up enough dev time to double the amount of bosses in raids then you are sorely mistaken.
    Oh yeah, tell me how casual TBC raiding was, I love hearing it from people who never done it

A boss fight like Kel'thas would wreck havoc at todays players

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is theres 4 fucking raid difficulties.

Heres an idea, lets go back to how raiding was at the peak of the game...

Aka 1 difficulty, and we also dont need to make a tier obsolete when a new tier comes out.

God forbid people actually EARN their way through an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post

Sorry, but no. As some one who actually did it, this is bullshit.

Were things "less hardcore", sure, we didnt do 8 alt raids and raid 16 hours a day 7 days a week until progression ended, because progression lasted for months.

When you finished getting 2 teams through kara, and a bit of gear, you started the 25 mans. When you got through those and geared a bit you started on SSC and TK which took forever... when you finished those BT was already out and you spent time gearing up in SSC/TK to work through BT and Hyjal.

See how that works? You WORK your way through the content... if you started a new toon, kara and ssc/tk, etc, werent just obsolete. Some of my best memories come from our non-main raid nights working alts and shit through kara, and then the 25 mans, etc...

Theres no journey anymore. I do the same bullshit on my alts that I do on my main. Every week.

7+ Year Old Account
    They either need to do a squish to get everything reasonable, or just undo the old squish at this point (assuming that 9 quadrillion is the new max). Because the "legacy buff" causes all kinds of weirdness with old content, and then you run into issues like the difference between ICC10 and ICC25H gear is 1 ARMOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    The problem is theres 4 fucking raid difficulties.

Heres an idea, lets go back to how raiding was at the peak of the game...

Aka 1 difficulty, and we also dont need to make a tier obsolete when a new tier comes out.

God forbid people actually EARN their way through an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but no. As some one who actually did it, this is bullshit.

Were things "less hardcore", sure, we didnt do 8 alt raids and raid 16 hours a day 7 days a week until progression ended, because progression lasted for months.

When you finished getting 2 teams through kara, and a bit of gear, you started the 25 mans. When you got through those and geared a bit you started on SSC and TK which took forever... when you finished those BT was already out and you spent time gearing up in SSC/TK to work through BT and Hyjal.

See how that works? You WORK your way through the content... if you started a new toon, kara and ssc/tk, etc, werent just obsolete. Some of my best memories come from our non-main raid nights working alts and shit through kara, and then the 25 mans, etc...

Theres no journey anymore. I do the same bullshit on my alts that I do on my main. Every week.
    Been reading a lot on mmo lately and this seems to be coming up a lot, I agree with u too I hate wasting my time and grinding gear for one patch sucks, I don't mind one expansion but one patch I hate.

Deleted
    i think you confusing casual with easy to be honest. The ammount of time to get in to raiding and clear raids in tbc was insane

Also, besides im not agreeing with you, you simply lying in your post. the "best guilds" first: always clear the content and when there is no content "do nothing" second: TBC was the expansion with raids that need the most time to be cleared

so a lot lot lot lot less time whey they sat there doing nothing then panda or wod
    The amount of time it took to be cleared in TBC isnt the issue. The issue is that you cant make those again. Either you are alienating a lof of people because you make it to hard or you are alienating a lot of people because its to easy. If you thae the middle ground and make 3-4 bosses for each difficulty you are alienating everyone because not enough content

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoBBeN1 View Post
    Been reading a lot on mmo lately and this seems to be coming up a lot, I agree with u too I hate wasting my time and grinding gear for one patch sucks, I don't mind one expansion but one patch I hate.
    The post is flawed in a lot of ways though. This guy assumes people start raiding in the middle of the expansion with 3-4 raids allready released.

Lets say we start with Kara. 10 man. Well fuck 25 man guilds. Its either cleared in a day by half the guilds because its to easy, or its never cleared by half the guilds because its to hard.

The days of "most guilds are pretty equal" is over. Strong raiders flock to the strongest guilds and each server has a lot of serious raiding guilds

Deleted
    9,223,372,036,854,775,807 looks like 9.2 trillion to me? I don't see where you get quadrillion from.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    Source needed.
    It was a public statement, it was posted on front page here. Common knowledge information (depending on audience) does not require a source.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It solved the issue it was meant to solve. That being mobs breaking the health limit and bugging out. These changes render that issue irrelevant.
    yes it solved. but only in a mechnical way. but now we are still going to reach milion of damge per big hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    9,223,372,036,854,775,807 looks like 9.2 trillion to me? I don't see where you get quadrillion from.
    That's 9 quintillion 223 quadrillion 372 trillion 36 billion 854 million 775 thousand 807.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-05-19 at 03:33 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    That's 9 quintillion 223 quadrillion 372 trillion 36 billion 854 million 775 thousand 807.
    I believe that, that's a valid number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9223372036854775807

Anyway...the previous stat squish was VERY VERY VERY poorly implemented (especially with the stupid "legacy buff" where you can't tell what the hell is going on and just 1-shot everything). They either need to do a PROPER squish to get everything normalized, OR they just need to un-do the previous squish if it isn't necessary. The way it is right now, older content is needlessly complicated due to the legacy buff weirdness. Oh, and stuff like, the difference between ICC10N and ICC25H gear is 1 armor and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    You ignore what me and others want: Raids start quite easy somewhere between LFR and normal, next few bosses get harder and harder and harder until you have the last few bosses at a mythic level.
    So yes not everybody can beat the endboss, but it keeps them as a powerful Threat from a player perspective. With LFR I don't think anybody feels "threatend" by the Legion because they know they can kill millions of them with both arms on their back...

And you and people like you also ignore something.

Games have had multiple difficulty levels since the 1980s and the vast majority didn't do easy and quit. They started over going up difficulty level after difficulty level. The only ones that didn't were mostly young kids. Why should WoW or any other game be different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    And you and people like you also ignore something.

Games have had multiple difficulty levels since the 1980s and the vast majority didn't do easy and quit. They started over going up difficulty level after difficulty level. The only ones that didn't were mostly young kids. Why should WoW or any other game be different?
    Tell me the last game you play through on multiple difficulties? Most singleplayer games are not done for a second playthrough.
    And an RPG only is worth a second play through if the story changes drastically with different decisions, which most don't.