Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    On one side, you have people complaining about no content, and on the other side, you have people who want Blizzard to remove them content.

How is it even possible to win?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well that's fucking bullshit.

total jackasses, and if people complain about this enough, they will change it. so you need to make threads about this all over the place and spread the word.

- - - Updated - - -

i can understand that, but changing it so old and removed quest items don't auto unlock? that's bullshit.
    No.
    That view has by far the most vocal, but you failed to come up with a good argument.
    No amount of repeating or "bringing it to blizzard's attention" is going to change that.
    If you can't see that blizzard would be fully aware of that, then you don't want to see it.

To those complaining about the armor types, here is something to think about.

What was stated at blizzcon was incomplete, and anyone using common sense will remember the huge plate user bias that original statement taken as-is would have created.
    Therefore it was just wrong.
    They did not say that everything looted was eligible, but that everyone you could equip was.
    And that was the problem due to the multiple armor proficiencies as you went up in armor type.
    It made a character an increasingly better choice as you want up through from cloth to plate, and warriors the best choice to to the wide weapon variety.

On offering alternative sources for old items, that is in my view the best long-term solution as it doesn't exclude those who did the quest on only a smaller variety of characters.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-19 at 04:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

While, from the point of view of the OP's source, I agree on the complaints, I cannot for the life of me understand how any of the things mentioned can even remotely be considered 'fun'. The whole concept of being able to magically transfer items through menus/interface/background code is disgusting imo as it does not organically blend into the game in any way. 'Convenience' is a completely unnecessary goal in my honest opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It happens to everything blizzard does (assuming they listen in the first place).

Players: Hey Blizz we want X

Blizzard: Ok, we will implement Y
    fixed that for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Cause here on the forums If a troll trolls a troll the troll trolling the troll still gets banned for trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course Blizzard would do it like this.

Transmog, mount/pet and chieve hunting is one of the last bastions of non-instant progression in this game.

Everything else in the game is gimped each patch (Tanaan, pvp free gear) but transmog is eternal.

It's the last carrot on a stick for people to keep playing. So of course they will make it take a long time.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    The entitlement is very strong in this thread.

No, you can't have everything just because you want it. Please, try to do a little work for your rewards. You're really concerned about outfitting all races on all classes across all factions? Get real. Work for it, f you really want it that bad.
    Do you have a time machine handy? I only did all of the Pre-Cata 1-60 quests on 2 characters, 1 Horde and 1 Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    again alot of these "lost items" can be unlocked from world drops, garrison salavage yard, and other means unknown yet...
    too lazy to see if this has been said to you yet, but you realise that the salvage yard is effectively dead in 7.0 right?

that is, the big crate of salvage is being removed and replaced by something that won't drop boe items anymore (something about making it so people aren't "forced" to play the garrison after 7.0), so any previously unobtainable item that could be found in salvage crates will once again be unobtainable.

to be clear, i'm speaking about items like the scarlet crusade mail, which has no other source after the dungeon revamp. there are lots of similar items, some similar to the scarlet mail set in that they cannot be farmed now that the instance/area they dropped in is gone, some of which dropped from rares that no longer exist.

also, there's a large number of removed quest items with unique models (object shape) and/or skins (unique colour variations) that have been unobtainable since cata. that's literally the only reason people are pissed that "you'll get every quest reward for any quest you completed" was changed to "only items for your class and spec".

i hope this is simple enough for you to understand. if you're still confused, i can try and explain it in simpler terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    The thing about that though is that quest gear isn't exactly the cream of the corp when it comes to item models. It's insane to me that people are even suggesting getting ever appearence you can when the vast majority is stuff people will probably never use anyway. When it comes to raiding with lockouts, I can understand the gripe, but everything else? Makes no sense.
    it's a matter of personal taste; for a lot of people raid gear is overdone to the point of ugliness-- i'd honestly hesitate to call it "cream of the crop" after wod, mostly because i like and use the wod quest gear far more often than the wod raid gear (that ravenskar plate set, the cloth set from frostfire ridge, the gorgrond leather set <3). quest items are also incredibly useful for building unique transmog sets (e.g., sets built using maybe one or two pieces from the same art set at most). the best gear for, say, a shado-pan mog comes from lower-level cata quests (flowing water armour, that one plate set in similar colours).

personally i find it far more impressive when someone takes unrelated pieces and makes a nice outfit out of them than someone mogging a full tier set. obviously different people will have different tastes, but someone using less detailed armour to pull the eye to a focal point, say a pair of tier shoulders or a particularly nice weapon, stands out a lot more to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post
    One more reason for Vanilla server. To get unobtainable items.
    agreed. i will 100% throw my support behind official vanilla servers if it means i can actually work for the transmog gear that was removed in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowbane View Post
    Frankly it's a good thing that you can only unlock your primary class. It will mean transmog runs for old raids means people only get to roll on gear their class can wear, and you don't get everyone rolling for everything. Maybe my priest's long lost hood does drop whilst I'm on my paladin, which would be a shame. But it means that priest can't nab that two-handed sword that I've been farming for with determination for weeks on end.
    the only place that people rolling on gear they can't wear can happen is in vanilla dungeons/raids-- which i believe happened because people whined about gold? from BC up regardless of your level, if you're grouping with someone you can only roll need on something you can wear. i honestly don't understand why anyone thinks this would change?

unless you're using the whole "ms > os" rule in lower level content, which is dumb and you should stop doing that. group loot and "need for transmog" literally solves this entire problem.

Lol, you have to understand Blizzards' intention behind Wardrobe. Intentions of Wardrobe - isn't to grant you convenient way to change your appearance. No. Intention of Wardrobe - is to make you grind gear, even if this gear is completely useless. It's something like achievements. The intentions of achievements - is to turn any meaningless activity into meaningful. If Blizzard would allow you to get all gear, that quests can provide - 90% players would get them all instantly. No! This change would be pointless for Blizzard. I even wonder, why they even make this system retroactive. Want gear? Get it! Player, who have never played Priest, should never get Priest gear appearance automatically.

And... People should understand, that other Wardrobe restrictions are made for reason too. For example item/weapon type restriction. Blizzard don't want you to look like a clown - if you're Warrior, you should look like Warrior.

P.S. Don't get me wrong. I'm one of those players, who support making everything account wide, cuz for me endgame grind if pointless, if it doesn't provide any benefits for other characters. I Just tell you Blizzards' point of view.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-05-19 at 05:37 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    I see no problem with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want ALL gear from quests? Why would you want it all the time? I guess we can cope with having to redo a few quests if we happen to need multiple pieces from the same quest, can't we?

Deleted
    People need to do something to earn transmog -> Instant no, we want it now for free

I might be ultrasuperspecial snowflake when I say, this is a good change. You can do Loremaster on days you don't raid, PvP or whatever you usually do. You don't need to do all areas in a row. Do a area or two in a day or at a speed comfortable to you. At least for me, this is content. I love farming stuff, questing and leveling.

It strikes me as incredibly stupefying that players, who in all seriousness have embarked on the insane quest to collect EVERY SINGLE ITEM MODEL IN THE GAME, have the effrontery to complain that this might be a tedious endeavor and take a while.

My only concern is the pre-cata quests since you CAN'T do anymore, so how are we going to get that transmog then ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merenhuiske View Post
    People need to do something to earn transmog -> Instant no, we want it now for free

I might be ultrasuperspecial snowflake when I say, this is a good change. You can do Loremaster on days you don't raid, PvP or whatever you usually do. You don't need to do all areas in a row. Do a area or two in a day or at a speed comfortable to you. At least for me, this is content. I love farming stuff, questing and leveling.
    Do you lack reading comprehension? This is not about getting transmog items by doing nothing this is about unlocking items in your wardrobe regardless of armor type. How is running the same raid on five different characters content or effort? It is a plain stupid and above all unnecessary grind with the sole point of keeping those who are into transmogging artificially occupied.

I have items from before Cataclysm that can no longer be acquired and now I won't be able to add these to my wardrobe because of arbitrary reasons. They should just focus on releasing a sufficient amount of content instead of trying to stretch raids, instances and other quests that have no relevance for the current expansion anymore.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really call this a nerf or removing promised content.

Sounds like Blizz just decided "hey wait, if we're restricting your use of old tier sets, why aren't we restricting your use of old leveling sets?"

Honestly I'd totally forgotten they ever said that quests would unlock EVERY armor type, I just assumed it'd follow the same rule as the random drops off Kael'thas.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I can't wrap my head around the idea that people actually want to have hundreds upon hundreds of barbie doll outfits based on old quest gear for all their characters.

I like my characters to look nice. Once they look nice I just leave them with that one look. The whole wardrobe business seems like it belongs in an entirely different game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Can't really call this a nerf or removing promised content.

Sounds like Blizz just decided "hey wait, if we're restricting your use of old tier sets, why aren't we restricting your use of old leveling sets?"

Honestly I'd totally forgotten they ever said that quests would unlock EVERY armor type, I just assumed it'd follow the same rule as the random drops off Kael'thas.
    I have the sneaking suspicion it has something to do with handling lower level characters. It sounds great that my 100 mage might be able to get ALL the old quest rewards, but having new players instantly get all the stuff from quests that are basically current to them seems a bit off somehow.

That or maybe cutting down on the amount of info flying about, server calls or whatever.

For fuck's sake. Of all the things they had to insist on, this one is right up there with "you haven't EXPERIENCED the content enough yet!" when your eyes are bleeding from seeing Draenor and you still can't fly over the sea of worthless trash enemies to get to your quest objective area.

"Did you get Loremaster on every race/class combination, both before and after Cataclysm? No? Well then fuck you."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    For fuck's sake. Of all the things they had to insist on, this one is right up there with "you haven't EXPERIENCED the content enough yet!" when your eyes are bleeding from seeing Draenor and you still can't fly over the sea of worthless trash enemies to get to your quest objective area.

"Did you get Loremaster on every race/class combination, both before and after Cataclysm? No? Well then fuck you."
    While I do have some concerns over how transmog to different armor types will work in Legion (Holy Paladin dresses plz) I think the Loremaster argument makes no sense. I understand that some people might get rewards for something they never done, never choose to do and might not even be able to use but for the love of god I don't see why would they just give it to them.

Deleted
    Oh God! why do people whine about everything... To me, just the fact that I will be able to vendor all of the gear I have in my bank since vanilla is amazing... No matter what blizzard does, there will always be some ppl crying over it..
    If you want to look cool, put some effort in it.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    While I do have some concerns over how transmog to different armor types will work in Legion (Holy Paladin dresses plz) I think the Loremaster argument makes no sense. I understand that some people might get rewards for something they never done, never choose to do and might not even be able to use but for the love of god I don't see why would they just give it to them.
    What are you on about? You had to have done the quest ever anyway; please tell me how doing all the quests once as opposed to four times minimum (if we're lucky; realistically eight times minimum) makes them something you've "never done."
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton