Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    House of Lies cancelled. Limitless still undecided?

I really liked Agent Carter, sad to see it go. Really wish we could have seen more of the howling commandos. Not much of a chance of Netflix picking it up since Hayley Atwell is going to be working on a new show.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    House of Lies cancelled. Limitless still undecided?
    Yes and yes

- - - Updated - - -

CBS announced their Fall schedule and there was no sign of Limitless, the show is owned outright by the network, and they don't like admitting failure. Word is they are shopping the series around, while it might be a good fit on the CW, I don't see that happening. So at personal risk, I will call it myself...CANCELLED!

Deleted
    God fucking dammit. Limitless was so funny and refreshingly brave.

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    God fucking dammit. Limitless was so funny and refreshingly brave.
    it started out with really great ratings too.

shame, i hope it gets renewed elsewhere but i think we all know the times that happens is super rare.

maybe netflix or someone could pick it up?

limitless was an amazing show. and it didnt seem like it would be terribly costly. bradley cooper was probably the most expensive part of that show
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Maybe it's moving t a summer show?
    Nope, CBS has admitted to shopping the show, so they dont seem to think there is a place for it on their network.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Nope, CBS has admitted to shopping the show, so they dont seem to think there is a place for it on their network.
    That explains the rushed ending then

I don't understand CBS. At 10 episodes Limitless was doing much better than Criminal Minds Beyond Borders. By the end of Limitless they were doing about the same as the end of Beyond Borders, yet Beyond Borders gets renewed and Limitless is in limbo.

I don't understand CBS. At 10 episodes Limitless was doing much better than Criminal Minds Beyond Borders. By the end of Limitless they were doing about the same as the end of Beyond Borders, yet Beyond Borders gets renewed and Limitless is in limbo.
    CBS loves franchises, it allows them to broadcast different shows that are very similar, they like to place it safe. Also CBS skews to a slightly older demographic, the group that watches multiple incarnations of CSI and NCIS religously, and are less likely to watch a show like Limitless. While I personally didn't care for the show, I believe it would have been hugely more successful if it had started on the CW.

Damien (A&E) was cancelled after one season.

Also the price to produce each show would be a factor, without having seen either I would wager a guess Limitless would be more expensive which if that was the case would at least somewhat explain why. Ratings are great but they arent the only factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Also the price to produce each show would be a factor, without having seen either I would wager a guess Limitless would be more expensive which if that was the case would at least somewhat explain why. Ratings are great but they arent the only factor.
    CBS recently admitted as much with regard to Elementary and Person of Interest. Both were faltering in the ratings but CBS owns Elementary so they don't pay licensing fees like they did with POI which was made by WB. That's right folks your show was cancelled because they could make more money on a different show that was also not performing as well as it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    CBS recently admitted as much with regard to Elementary and Person of Interest. Both were faltering in the ratings but CBS owns Elementary so they don't pay licensing fees like they did with POI which was made by WB. That's right folks your show was cancelled because they could make more money on a different show that was also not performing as well as it used to.
    Are they supposed to do something different? Without knowing how much say PoI is making an episode its hard to say if they did anything wrong at all. Also as shows go on what I said is exacerbated as pretty much any show that goes 3+ seasons the main actor/actresses start making much more then the first few seasons. By the final season of Chuck Zachary Levi was making I think 125k an episode and similar numbers for the rest of the cast. Which meant that a show that had constantly struggled to get renewed just got more and more costly.

I would think beyond borders would Be more expensive. Limitless has some mild CGI but beyond borders has to either film or simulate a different city/country every week.

I would think beyond borders would Be more expensive. Limitless has some mild CGI but beyond borders has to either film or simulate a different city/country every week.
    Did Bradley appear often? And looking at the cast I would guess Limitless would be more expensive on that front. Beyond could be cheaper and Feredir thoughts on franchises could be the main factor or something else entirely. Its hard to kow with these things when things are the edge of the ratings.

Did Bradley appear often? And looking at the cast I would guess Limitless would be more expensive on that front. Beyond could be cheaper and Feredir thoughts on franchises could be the main factor or something else entirely. Its hard to kow with these things when things are the edge of the ratings.
    He was in like 3 episodes but he's also executive producer so I'd be surprised if he was charging ridiculous rates.

He was in like 3 episodes but he's also executive producer so I'd be surprised if he was charging ridiculous rates.
    Him being the EP could be costing them a good amount as is.

Well it's official, Limitless is cancelled So sad.

Well it's official, Limitless is cancelled So sad.
    And with that, all shows from major networks are accounted for. All that "may" trickle in are a few odds and ends from minor networks, premium cable channels, and streaming.

The final tally by network:

A&E - 1
    ABC - 14
    ADULT SWIM - 1
    AMAZON - 1
    CBS - 9
    COMEDY CENTRAL - 1
    CW - 1
    DISCOVERY - 1
    DISNEY - 1
    DXD - 1
    E! - 1
    FOX - 7
    FREEFORM - 3
    FUSION - 1
    FX - 2
    FXX - 2
    FYI - 1
    H2 - 1
    HALLMARK - 1
    HBO - 3
    HULU - 1
    IFC - 1
    MTV - 3
    NBC - 13
    NICK - 3
    SHOWTIME - 1
    SPIKE - 1
    STARZ - 1
    SYFY - 3
    TBS - 2
    TLC - 1
    TNT - 7
    USA - 4
    VH1 - 2
    WGN - 1

THE FINALIZED LIST:

The 7D (DXD)
    Agent Carter (ABC)
    Agent X (TNT)
    America Unearthed (H2)
    The Astronaut Wives Club (ABC)
    The Awesomes (HULU)
    The Bastard Executioner (FX)
    Benders (IFC)
    Best Time Ever With Neil Patrick Harris (NBC)
    Blood and Oil (ABC)
    Bordertown (FOX)
    The Briefcase (CBS)
    The Brink (HBO)
    Cassius and Clay (FXX)
    Castle (ABC)
    Cedar Grove (Hallmark)
    Chasing Life (ABC Family)
    Clipped (TBS)
    Coach (NBC)
    Cold Justice (TNT)
    Complications (USA)
    Containment (CW)

Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life (FOX)
    Crowded (NBC)
    CSI: Cyber (CBS)
    Damien (A&E)
    Da Vinci's Demons (Starz)
    Defiance (Syfy)
    Dominion (Syfy)
    Extant (CBS)
    Faking It (MTV)
    The Family (ABC)

Famous (FOX)
    The Fab Life (ABC syndication)
    Finding Carter (MTV)
    Galavant (ABC)
    Game of Silence (NBC)
    Getting On (HBO)
    Gigi Does It (IFC)
    The Good Wife (CBS)
    Graceland (USA)
    Grandfathered (FOX)

Grinder (FOX)
    Hannibal (NBC)
    Harvest (Spike)
    Haven (Syfy)
    Heroes Reborn (NBC)
    Hindsight (VH1) UB
    House of Lies (Showtime)
    Instant Mom (Nick)
    The Jack & Triumph Show (Adult Swim)
    Jessie (Disney)
    Kevin From Work (Freeform)
    Kocktails with Kloe (FYI)
    The League (FXX)
    Legends (TNT)
    Limitless (CBS)
    NEW ADDITION
    Mad Dogs (Amazon)
    Manhattan (WGN)
    Married (FX)
    The Meredith Vieira Show (NBC)
    Mike and Molly (CBS)
    Minority Report (FOX)
    Monopoly Millionaire's Club (Syndicated)
    Moonbeam City (Comedy Central)
    Motive (ABC)
    The Mysteries of Laura (NBC)

Nashville (ABC)

No, You Shut Up! (Fusion)
    Of Kings and Prophets (ABC)
    Person of Interest (CBS)
    The Player (NBC)
    Proof (TNT)
    Public Morals (TNT)
    Recovery Road (MTV)
    Rizzoli & Isles (TNT)
    Rookie Blue (ABC)
    Royal Pains (USA)
    Rush Hour (CBS) NEW ADDITION
    Satisfaction (USA)
    Second Chance (FOX)
    Sons of Winter (Discovery)
    Stewarts and Hamiltons (E!)
    Suddenly Royal (TLC)
    NEW ADDITION
    Switched at Birth (Freeform)
    Talia in the Kitchen (NICK)
    Telenovela (NBC)
    That Metal Show (VH1 Classic)
    The Muppets (ABC)

Togetherness (HBO)
    Transporter: The Series (TNT)
    Truth be Told (NBC)
    Under the Dome (CBS)
    The Whispers (ABC)
    Undateable (NBC)

Unforgettable (A&E)
    Wicked City (ABC)
    You, Me and the Apocalypse (NBC)
    Your Family or Mine (TBS)
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-06-02 at 05:14 PM.