Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Noticed that Divine Star/Halo now both heal and deal damage while not scaling with range. However, does the damaging component contribute to Atonement?

Your divine star and halo does in fact trigger atonement but only on the first target hit, if you hit for 10 mobs with divine star for example you will get only 1 atonement heal not 20 because divine star hits twice once upon firing and another upon returning. Same logic applies to halo, only first target hit procs atonement regardless of how many mobs you hit with it.

I assume that's not intended right? They usually add caps and don't make it work on one target. If the Atonement part is not reliable, I can still see Halo being the best average solution as opposed to the other two being a bit more situational.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I assume that's not intended right? They usually add caps and don't make it work on one target. If the Atonement part is not reliable, I can still see Halo being the best average solution as opposed to the other two being a bit more situational.
    It is intended (source: a build feedback thread from the first build that was put in back in alpha). 1 Atonement per cast because they absolutely do not want Disc HPS scaling with number of available targets in any way beyond multi-dotting, but also not doing Atonement at all would just be kind of silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    ... while using it on an enemy would do 600 * 0.4 * 1.112 = 266.88% SP healing to each person with Atonement...
    Where does the 1.112 come from?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Proog View Post
    Where does the 1.112 come from?
    Thanks
    Baseline mastery (11.20% increased Atonement healing).

Deleted
    Baseline mastery (11.20% increased Atonement healing).
    Thanks. I had a doubt.
    It seems bonus damage gained by artifact traits are not fully added for atonement healing.
    I've got only 5% iso 15 for Invoke the Light.

/learning basics in priest theorycrafting...
    Last edited by mmoc246a6ff558; 2016-05-19 at 07:02 PM.

Did they remove Mind Blast for Disc or just nerf it so that smite is used over it?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    Did they remove Mind Blast for Disc or just nerf it so that smite is used over it?
    Mind Blast is gone for Disc but Schism fills that niche along with the dmg debuff it applies.

@ryan11d7, yeah they removed it. The original concept was Smite was heal, and Mind Blast was Greater heal. But in practice, it wasn't working as hoped as everyone just used Mind Blast for the extra damage. So they removed Mind Blast and boosted the damage of Smite to compensate. Since the spec is damage oriented, both spells were essentially a filler gcd. And the other spells with CD's are better for strong heals.

No... it's not. Those things are not similar whatsoever. Schism is a talent. The revelation legendary is one of many possible ones that you can wear. You do not have to do these things because it's not always correct for them to even be available. Also, maximizing HPS over time for the sake of maximizing HPS over time is not the goal when taking Schism at all (or that legendary) because if that was your goal, you would be using something else.

This will never, ever be something that you can pull off because it's not even ideal. In fairytale land where we ignore numbers, sure it's ideal, but you've got 3 Atonements rolling in this rotation, which is far less healing than ignoring those all-important synergies and actually thinking about what does more healing instead of mindlessly mashing spells because they work together to form a rotation that you've imagined is the best way to play because THIS...
    Wow. So that, to you, was the entire rotation? How did you come to that conclusion when I've been talking about the "2-phase" disc rotation and previously had written out an example of what could constitute the other phase? You're supposing that I'm leaving out SWP/PtW, Shadow Mend, and PWR entirely? So that results in your "3 atonements" comment.

The non-damage disc rotation is, *ideally*, bookended by PWSes and otherwise includes as many atonements as possible following the first PWS until the second one. If the sequence is PWS > PtW > SM > PWR > PWS > Schism > (damage phase), that results in 6 atonements. If we have enough Haste we could fit in a 2nd SM for 7 atonements or drop both SMs for a second PWR for the maximum of 8 atonements - if we need to use both PWSes on the main tank that leaves us with 5-7 atoned players.

...is absolutely 100% incorrect in your "rotation." Adding a 4th or 5th Atonement that you know will get full value is worth far, far more than fishing for wishful Penance procs or optimizing your Schism and Penance cooldowns to the exact second. Your "default value" is completely made up and ignores all of the numbers in the game because you want to put the synergy between abilities on a sacred pedestal. Your ideal rotation doesn't exist because it's not even close to ideal, and this is largely due to a massive over-inflation of your assumed value of resetting the CD of Penance, not to mention that every time it gets reset, the entire rotation is broken. This is not a viable way to play in actual practice, only in your head.
    Your evaluation is completely misinformed based on your initial error of the "3 atonement rotation".

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    PWS > PtW > SM > PWR > PWS > Schism > Penance > Smite > Pen/Smi > Pen/Smi > PWS
    Yup, you got that great Schism uptime and Penance usage there. You've also burned a ridiculous amount of mana to heal 6 people for less than if you just used Penance on cooldown and stopped trying to tie it to this nonsensical rotation.

If we ignore Schism uptime in the name of flexibility, if we ignore following Penance with Smite to maximize Revelation value, that's no different from ignoring Archangel, Borrowed Time, or Penance buffs in WoD.
    Ironic that you'd follow this statement up with proposing to use Schism no more often than every 15 seconds and letting Penance sit off cooldown for at least 6 seconds at a time. It's almost like Legion Discipline has high priority spells that you don't want to delay for the sake of following some kind of sacred rotation or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    Wow. So that, to you, was the entire rotation? How did you come to that conclusion when I've been talking about the "2-phase" disc rotation and previously had written out an example of what could constitute the other phase? You're supposing that I'm leaving out SWP/PtW, Shadow Mend, and PWR entirely? So that results in your "3 atonements" comment.

The non-damage disc rotation is, *ideally*, bookended by PWSes and otherwise includes as many atonements as possible following the first PWS until the second one. If the sequence is PWS > PtW > SM > PWR > PWS > Schism > (damage phase), that results in 6 atonements. If we have enough Haste we could fit in a 2nd SM for 7 atonements or drop both SMs for a second PWR for the maximum of 8 atonements - if we need to use both PWSes on the main tank that leaves us with 5-7 atoned players.
    Yeah well, I suppose you believe that you can sustain that ridiculous rotation without going oom in a minute?

Try to actually parse in your head whatever nonsense it is you are typing before going on a keyboard warrior/verbal diarrhea spree like you do all the time.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

So, more damage nerfs across the board for Disc. For those of us who are already feeling the frustration of the new spec, they're really making it hard to stick with it.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    So, more damage nerfs across the board for Disc. For those of us who are already feeling the frustration of the new spec, they're really making it hard to stick with it.
    I don't quite think Penance and our 1.5 min CD counts as across the board nerfs. And I don't know who takes penitent but that got buffed today. But I wouldn't really call anything of what they are doing now nerfing or buffing. Tuning is a much more apt name for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    they probably did it because good disc priests were actually over-performing.

to be excepted if something is too powerful.

Man, I just got the hidden proc on the artifact . . . 10x damage on lights wrath was kinda hilarious. Wish it happened a bit more often, but meh, nice when it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Loving the look of disc!

Hello everyone,

I got a question for the beta club's member.
    How does the shield interact with the reverse damage of shadowmend?

Actually if I put a shield on someone that I have just healed with shadowmend, if the shield absorb damage from the environment, does this damage will be count into the reverse damage from shadowmend? Or if puting a shield on someone under shadowmend debuff will always result into a direct loss of healing?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Allycea View Post
    Hello everyone,

I got a question for the beta club's member.
    How does the shield interact with the reverse damage of shadowmend?

Actually if I put a shield on someone that I have just healed with shadowmend, if the shield absorb damage from the environment, does this damage will be count into the reverse damage from shadowmend? Or if puting a shield on someone under shadowmend debuff will always result into a direct loss of healing?

Thank you!
    The "until x damage has been taken" counts pre-absorb damage. This is pretty easy to see first hand with tanks that put up large absorbs themselves and you can still see the DoT disappearing in a single AA. You don't have to worry about accidentally extending the dot longer than it would normally exist.