Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

EgyptAir Flight MS804 from Paris to Cairo 'disappears from radar'

-The Airbus A320 was travelling from Paris to Cairo when it disappeared from radar at around 02:45 Cairo time (01:45 BST)

-It was some 16km inside Egyptian air space when it went missing, and was about half an hour from landing

-The last contact with the plane showed it was over the Mediterranean, to the south of the area between the islands of Crete and Cyprus

-EgyptAir says there were 56 passengers on board: they included 30 Egyptians, 15 French and 11 other nationalities, including one Briton

-There were also 10 crew members on board

-Anyone concerned can call 0800 7777 0000 from any landline in Egypt and +202 259 89320 from any mobile phone or from outside Egypt
    BBC
    Live updates from Reddit.

Weird, news portals here already stated that Egypt had confirmed that the plane had crashed.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    And the people at CNN are ecstatic. Another plane tragedy for them to milk for weeks. Virtual cockpits, the works.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    confirmed just now that the plane crashed, and everyone aboard died

Deleted
    So why were 15 french people going to a 3rd world country in a semi-state of war?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    confirmed just now that the plane crashed, and everyone aboard died
    How exactly is this 'confirmed' when they haven't even found the plane yet?

I mean, yeah. The emergency transponder is being located, but no debris yet. Obviously it crashed and usually there are no survivors... But "confirmed" is a bit strong.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    So why were 15 french people going to a 3rd world country in a semi-state of war?
    Isn't Egypt an important trade partner for France?

Or for Europe for that matter.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    How exactly is this 'confirmed' when they haven't even found the plane yet?

I mean, yeah. The emergency transponder is being located, but no debris yet. Obviously it crashed and usually there are no survivors... But "confirmed" is a bit strong.
    Egyptian aviation officials say an EgyptAir flight from Paris to Cairo with 66 passengers and crew on board has crashed.

Egyptair flight MS804 disappeared in the early hours of this morning carrying at least 66 people - including one Brit.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...g-live-8003059

Deleted
    Well the Egyptian "aviation officials" are the ones who misplaced the plane to begin with, so take their "confirmation" of a crash with a grain of salt.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Isn't Egypt an important trade partner for France?

Or for Europe for that matter.
    Lots of archaeology stuff in Egypt, Luxor alone contains 1/3 world monuments

a good place for tour

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet despite that, nobody has actually, REALLY confirmed anything.

Aviation officials 'confirmed' it by saying so. They haven't found shit. It could still be in the air, for all they know, and the beacon was ditched or something. (I know this didn't happen)

I just hate people jumping on news before its actually news.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Ugh, that title. And this sentence: "Crash was 'almost certainly an attack' says expert."

This guy worked for an investigation board; he should know better than to say these things before an investigation has happened. The last thing you want is investigators going in with preconceived notions of what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Aah, americans.. "omg plane dissapeared, ISIS! LOL Europe faill!!!!"

/headdesk
    It's more a case of when a terrorist attack happens the media blame the most likely suspects. Odd that they haven't claimed responsibility yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It's more a case of when a terrorist attack happens the media blame the most likely suspects. Odd that they haven't claimed responsibility yet though.
    Maybe, because.. I know people don't remember this. But before terrorism, planes crashed because of technical issues, because of a suicidal pilot. I know that is hard to grasp.. but please try. There are more causes than terrorism. I know people have this weird fetish for terrorist attacks, but please conceal your boner.

Deleted
    All the pointless speculation in the media only adds to the agony of the families of the deceased.

Just wait for the actual facts before asking expert number 48 what he thinks happened.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just realised mods closed the main thread after spending a few seconds wondering why the hell my post wasn't appearing lol xD

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Ugh, that title. And this sentence: "Crash was 'almost certainly an attack' says expert."
    He is correct though, planes flying at 37,000ft don't just headbutt the sea without giving out any distress signal. It was an attack, we just don't know for certain if it was a terrorist attack or if a local military (I.E Turkey) mistook it for a legit target.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, because.. I know people don't remember this. But before terrorism, planes crashed because of technical issues
    Modern airliners don't just spontaneously combust, not a A320.

Just realised mods closed the main thread after spending a few seconds wondering why the hell my post wasn't appearing lol xD

He is correct though, planes flying at 37,000ft don't just headbutt the sea without giving out any distress signal. It was an attack, we just don't know for certain if it was a terrorist attack or if a local military (I.E Turkey) mistook it for a legit target.

- - - Updated - - -

Modern airliners don't just spontaneously combust, not a A320.
    I give up.. your terrorism boner is pathetic.. You might want to do some research with plane crashes. It might help. Right now you're the Baldrick of Blackadder in this topic.
    It might be terrorism, it might be technical failures. We don't know, how about we await the details instead of this whole "omg terrorism FAPFAPFAP"
    Last edited by 8bithamster; 2016-05-19 at 08:34 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I give up.. your terrorism boner is pathetic.. You might want to do some research with plane crashes. It might help. Right now you're the Baldrick of Blackadder in this topic.
    I'm very sorry my use of logic and reasoning offends you

Like the expert said, it was 'almost certainly an attack'.

That's nowhere near conclusive reasoning. Lots of ridiculous shit that nobody anticipated has happened before in aviation.

- - - Updated - - -

So far your logic and reasoning has consisted of hand-waving away the possibility of non-intuitive causes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I hope you are just being funny/sarcastic when saying (I.E Turkey, mistaken legit target). Otherwise your logic just exploded my bullshit-o-meter.