Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    If you are dealing with Canadian Cinema, you are dealing with Cineplex, who has a lock on probably about 70% of all the screens in the country. That being said, it strikes me as kind of odd that Blizzard doesnt seem to have reached some kind of distribution agreement for promo stuff with them, given the sheer coverage footprint they have.
    You know, outside of certain regulations or laws a country might have that forbids its citizens to take part in sweepstakes and other promotions(for example danish players weren't allowed to compete in qualifiers for 2014 blizzcon and afaik raf is also banned), Blizzard might have not been able to reach an agreement with the said franchise(Cineplex in your case).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    That's the only promo going on. The transmog items are free
    There are two promotions. The transmog is promoting the movie, the copy of WoW is promoting the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

If you are dealing with Canadian Cinema, you are dealing with Cineplex, who has a lock on probably about 70% of all the screens in the country. That being said, it strikes me as kind of odd that Blizzard doesnt seem to have reached some kind of distribution agreement for promo stuff with them, given the sheer coverage footprint they have.
    Only in canada are they the dominant one. They are also in america and are direct competitors to regal. So they went with the big chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea cineplex is the monopoly up here. AMC uses to be around not so much anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Only in canada are they the dominant one. They are also in america and are direct competitors to regal. So they went with the big chain.

That must be why. That sucks. First you gave us 8 years of bush and now no freempromo crap at my movie.THANKS OBAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Why do you want another copy of wod?
    This. Like, what.

I mean, if the in-game items were included it would be a completely different things. But it's literally only a copy of WoD.

Deleted
    Ok then everyone who has the opinion it's not a big deal can buy another copy of WoW for players in the UK.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Ok then everyone who has the opinion it's not a big deal can buy another copy of WoW for players in the UK.
    Why is it a big deal? Oh NO, people who already have WoW accounts aren't getting another WoW account. THE HORROR.

Yes if I were to waste my money to go see this piece of trash film, you could absolutely have my "free" WoW copy.

And Australia, New Zealand, SE Asia and Brazil?

I'm actually impressed they're managing to roll it out in as many countries as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I understand the wish to be included in getting free stuff, but let's be honest, getting the battle chest for buying a movie ticket is kind of useless to most people who will be seeing the movie. This is by no mean a fact, but I'm guessing that most people interested in seeing the movie already have an active or inactive WoW account, making the battle chest pretty useless. Sure, you can make another account and play for free for a month, but after that you'd need to pay for it anyway.

I'll be getting a free battle chest and I frankly don't know what to do with it, seems like a waste to get a code and not use it, but everyone I know either plays WoW, or doesn't wish to.

I found one interesting thing. I was thinking about Blizz only making deals with a few cinema chains (rather than every single theater out there), distributors, Legendary Entertainment would be involved...
    The chinese conglomerate Wanda Group bought out Legendary Entertainment earlier this year. They also bought Hoyts last year through their Wanda Cinema Line. I got too bored to investigate the other cinema chains, but could be a reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    So only "some" cinemas are rewarding our loyalty. Lets leave out the ritcher countries cause fuck us ������
    Also not digging the items for simply logging in, everyone will have them including those that will just pirate the movie after a month.
    Plus is no one annoyed that they didn't do every weapon type in game, or do people only main warrior/paladin?
    You people will whine about literally every single fucking thing won't you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They are doing it in the regions WoW is still incredibly popular. If you need a second wow account that badly it sucks but places like Canada and the UK alone havent been big WoW consumers since wrath and that was over 6 years ago.
    It is almost like laws involving promotions and giveaways are different in Canada and the UK than they are in the states or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I guess canada isn't a big enough market? Kinda surprised actually figured we'd be in for sure.
    Blizzard has no control over what theater chains do? Come on...

- - - Updated - - -

Which should tell anyone with a tiny bit of common sense that the issue isn't on Blizzard's end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no i won't get an another WoD copy of the game. And i will actually have a choice to which cinema to go when i'll want to watch the movie, instead of being "forced" to go to the one that gives free crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Which should tell anyone with a tiny bit of common sense that the issue isn't on Blizzard's end.
    Yeah, I am willing to bet it has something to do with some kind of legal issues in setting up the contest / giveaway / prizes etc. I mean, Cineplex has absolutely no reason not to partner up with Blizzard on this, as it promotes the movie, and drives business into the local theatres, so there has to be something inbetween getting in the way.

Considering you can log in from next week and get them it doesn't matter. Also if you own the base game up to wod why would you want it again?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-19 at 05:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezorus View Post
    So only "some" cinemas are rewarding our loyalty. Lets leave out the ritcher countries cause fuck us ������
    Also not digging the items for simply logging in, everyone will have them including those that will just pirate the movie after a month.
    Plus is no one annoyed that they didn't do every weapon type in game, or do people only main warrior/paladin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    >Omg why didn't they include everyone

>Omg why did they include everyone

Make your mind up.
    Just had to quote Soisoisoi's post, that speaks the most.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    bitchy mcbitchface is complaining about not receiving a free WoW copy and thinks Blizzard is fkn it's loyal customers over. ignoring the fact that loyal customers already have WoW accounts.

bitchy mcbitchface in the very same thread complains about Blizzard giving free movie-inspired transmog gear to customers who log in during may 25th - august 1st as a way of saying "thank you" to WoW players.

bitchy mcbitchface doesn't make much sense, he only wants one thing and that is...to bitch.

What's your problem again?

Deleted
    I honestly don't know what you mean.

I'm from Europe; the promotion is going on in my country and i even have a choice;
    - do i want a free account with a month of playtime OR do i want beta access? Hmmm I'll go with free WoW and gift it to some friend or something.

The only ones you should be mad at would be the distributor of your country who didn't do enough to partake in this promotion.

You know they didn't have to give us any reward at all, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You know they didn't have to give us any reward at all, right?
    we call it "the entitlement syndrome".