Thread: Beta invites

good luck everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    I stop following that guy after being tired of bait titles and giveaways for subscriebers only. Especially after stating that you should pay for being entertained...if you could call that entertainment.

Anyway, no mail so far from eurogamer.
    Paying for entertainment is a thing of the best. People watch streams because they don't have to pay. This works completely against the idea of twitch and streaming and shows somebody who is an entitled ass over someone who does it for love.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

I think we need to learn to relax, with 7.5 hours still to go for them to give out keys. still hoping I can get one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Paying for entertainment is a thing of the best. People watch streams because they don't have to pay. This works completely against the idea of twitch and streaming and shows somebody who is an entitled ass over someone who does it for love.
    Yes, how dare someone expect to earn money when they spend all day streaming. They should stream for hours at a time and make no money from it, and then after being up all day go and work a night shift.

'Dance monkey, dance'
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    I dreamed that i won a key from eurogamer. But now that i'm awake i know that it's definitely not gonna happen. I never got an entry in any beta, neither did i won anything from a contest of any kind.

This curse is way too strong to break. I wish good luck to everyone else though.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I think we need to learn to relax, with 7.5 hours still to go for them to give out keys. still hoping I can get one

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, how dare someone expect to earn money when they spend all day streaming. They should stream for hours at a time and make no money from it, and then after being up all day go and work a night shift.

'Dance monkey, dance'
    Entitlement. He thinks he deserves money and can slack off in content because he has people who watch him. Demanding people pay him for entertainment either means he forces it and loses his viewer base significantly and alienates his viewers or he shuts the fuck up and realizes entertainment is free, make yourself stand out and people will support you.

What about wowhead giveaway? When can we expect the results?

Quote Originally Posted by raveberry View Post
    What about wowhead giveaway? When can we expect the results?
    it ends at 7pm PDT tonight.

Looks like some understand only what they want...I never said it's bad to pay for entertainment. I pay quite a lot for that, but I do that for quality stuff, not shity one.

Entitlement. He thinks he deserves money and can slack off in content because he has people who watch him. Demanding people pay him for entertainment either means he forces it and loses his viewer base significantly and alienates his viewers or he shuts the fuck up and realizes entertainment is free, make yourself stand out and people will support you.
    Yes entertainment is free, that monthly fee from netflix on my bank statements must be for something else? Maybe I've been missing the haircuts they provide? Yes, you can watch streamers for free, but guess what, not everything they do should be free.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i think i need to rob a bank to buy one Beta Key from Ebay

Maybe they will get cheaper now with so many being given away(1000 + 400 wowhead). I'm willing to pay for one, but no more than I paid for the expansion.

More beta keys will be available before launch. Hang in there.

Yes entertainment is free, that monthly fee from netflix on my bank statements must be for something else? Maybe I've been missing the haircuts they provide? Yes, you can watch streamers for free, but guess what, not everything they do should be free.
    I pay 40 dollars a month for internet and have access to more entertainment than I could possibly find time for, why are you entitled to money? Why don't you create that service fee. Oh, you don't want to? You want to use someone elses hardwork and then say you're entitled to the funds from that? This is why Youtube red is a joke.

I say this as an aspiring youtubist and streamer. Would it be fucking amazeballs to make tons of money playing video games? Sure, fuck yeah. The reality though? I'm using free software, and I'm entertaining people. If they want to give me money, then fuck yeah, thats great. Am I entertaining enough to get sponsors? Fuck yeah thats great. But I'm not going to sit down and say you have to pay to watch me. Especially when the majority of streaming isn't just the viewer and the entertainment but the community with it as well.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eurogamer's giveaway ended 1h ago, they're "supposedly" sending emails to the winners. I have yet to get mine :/

I pay 40 dollars a month for internet and have access to more entertainment than I could possibly find time for, why are you entitled to money? Why don't you create that service fee. Oh, you don't want to? You want to use someone elses hardwork and then say you're entitled to the funds from that? This is why Youtube red is a joke.

I say this as an aspiring youtubist and streamer. Would it be fucking amazeballs to make tons of money playing video games? Sure, fuck yeah. The reality though? I'm using free software, and I'm entertaining people. If they want to give me money, then fuck yeah, thats great. Am I entertaining enough to get sponsors? Fuck yeah thats great. But I'm not going to sit down and say you have to pay to watch me. Especially when the majority of streaming isn't just the viewer and the entertainment but the community with it as well.
    You realize that he doesn't stop you watching right? Just says that he thinks people who enjoy should subscribe to help keep him going...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Eurogamer's giveaway ended 1h ago, they're "supposedly" sending emails to the winners. I have yet to get mine :/
    lol, A) who said you'd won and B) they said it would take until 8pm UK time tonight to send them all out. Have patience.

You realize that he doesn't stop you watching right? Just says that he thinks people who enjoy should subscribe to help keep him going...

- - - Updated - - -

lol, A) who said you'd won and B) they said it would take until 8pm UK time tonight to send them all out. Have patience.
    Right, but that starts this idea of entitlement "you should", that adds a level of forced directive. It really drives a nail through the community and once you do that you start to alienate fans. Its its own little ecosystem in a sense.

jesus, looked on ebay and those things are going for 2-300+, freaking ridiculous

Its down to 200 already? Was 400 a week ago.

Deleted
    Blizzard should buy those keys, then find out who sold them and then both sue both sellers for selling goods well above the listed retail price of 0.

I mean imagine if you win a 100 keys with botting and sell them for 200 dollars each, that's crazy money and this is why blizzard needs to flag accounts, big time investment, but it completely encounters abuse of people botting and selling them, they can still sell accounts, but that's so easily detected by blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know it's of no importance, and that most likely no one cares (would be surprised if anyone did) - But I finally got invited to the Beta the other day... I only had to wait 11 years. Better late than never or something, lol.