Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    There's actually far less to track than on live, particularly if you choose the passive talents, many of which seem pretty good.

Of course if you go full active talents, there's quite a few more cooldowns to track and of course the imptimer for implosion, but based plus passive so is pretty basic game play.

My guess is the newness may be coloring your perception. See how it feels after a level or two of questing
    yeah you're probably right, i literally spent an hour or so at a target dummy, i'm sure once I've given it a proper chance i'll be fine
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I'm REALLY annoyed that Demonbolt still doesn't use green fire in it's fire effect if we have the green fire quest done....so lazy, Blizzard.
    I do see the graphic creating conflict with small targeted ground effects....it looks nice but i do worry it will cover up mechanics we're supposed to be seeing once raiding starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    I do see the graphic creating conflict with small targeted ground effects....it looks nice but i do worry it will cover up mechanics we're supposed to be seeing once raiding starts.
    Well, welcome to the world of melee where I already can't even see my character.

In legion it is YOU demonology warlocks and BM hunters who will be cluttering my melee vision with all your pets ;p.

Deleted
    Does anybody know if Orc racial affects guardians like fel imps/DG/DI?

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Can anyone who has spent more time on the beta tell me which talent selection seems best (as of now - I realise tuning isn't done) and also how often do we use demonic empowerment? after each summon? with a certain number of pets? after a cooldown (dreadstalkers, darkglare etc) thanks
    For general questing and dungeon trash my preferences is: Shadow Inspiration, Implosion, Demon Skin, Hand of Doom, GoSyn (or Servitude Infernal), and Conduit.

For questing I tag as many mobs as I can find in range, Felstorm when they gather to pass threat to my pet, Demonwrath and spam HoG until my dooms start ticking 5 cap shards.. and implosion to one shot everything.

For ST I like Demonic Calling, Imp Stalkers, Demon Skin, Hand of Doom, Grimoire of whatever, DB. That's probably not the most optimal pure st talent choices, but I like the QoL of Hand of Doom over the other options and the smoothness of the rotation without worrying about weaving/stacking ShadowFlame.

I have not really found a time where Darkglare felt more useful than Implosion bombing shit with Conduit.

When AoE grinding with implosion I don't bother empowering much as you just want to spam 3-4 four shard HoG as fast as you can to blow everything up... but for general play I empower after everything.. with the exception to the times I combo imps into stalkers.

I take the exact same talent combo like soulzar. It works for ST , cleave and prio add scenarios (at least, as far as you can as a demo lock) and for consistent aoe u can opt for darkglare.

But implosion is probably in for a nerf so keep an eye out!
    Last edited by gruxxar; 2016-05-19 at 04:39 PM.
    made by Shyama

thanks guys, i'll give it a go when the servers are back up, I did the broken shore quest line and am starting to get the hang of it, I just find it hard to tell how many pets I have, I've used Zpets to track what kind I have and if they're empowered but it'll be nice to see numbers of pets. I really enjoy the spec but it's very different so will take time to adjust
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post

But implosion is probably in for a nerf so keep an eye out!
    well, i dont think so, keep in mind that demo lost quite a bit of its burst aoe when meta got stolen away, coz no chaos wave and no cata, is essentially all of their burst aoe, i cant see it getting nerfed but never say never when it comes to blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used Zpets to track what kind I have and if they're empowered but it'll be nice to see numbers of pets. I really enjoy the spec but it's very different so will take time to adjust
    Here is a quick and simple weak aura that will tell you the number of pets you have if you have zPets installed (you'll need at least zPets 2.4.2a for it to work). Additionally if there is any other information that you might want there is a list of global variables HERE that you can easily grab and display in your own custom weak auras.

PetCount:
    Code:
    dudTdaGEiXUKkTniA2uL5lkCBrANIO2ly3uSFYOOe(ROKXbjnurPgSQHtvDkuvoMu6CIW9efDykPxJQqlNs9quL8uLEmu9Cu5BIktfktMknDKtl0WKcxwX1fSruv9mPInJsBhvrTmi8zQW0KQ(oQISorKwKiIrtfnEkrxcvb3sk6AqQZlQALs(nk(jQsn0cyWMcRlSUagSUroFpR5Xgljy5bCyXdCetk2yjblBWGtrgJf8PsxxxxLUUUEKvhf)H48hcNjyiDLrM6MONo5CmQ01111111ThkyBSijzpKoVycgkP6jPBxu8hIZFiCMGH4tLUUU(yCvPRRRRAmUQuPsLkvQuPsfSbdzhD4ySbmyXdCetkSSbdofzmwWNkDDDDv6666rwDu8hIZFiCMGH0vgzQBIE6KZXOsxxxxxxx3EOGTrN1Qh3OsxxxFmUQ0111vngxvQuPsLkvQuPciyJMiLfotQV3qJlKClSKD0HJXgWGLY7pWIh4iMuyXdCetkSSbdofzmwWNkDDDDv6666rwDu8hIZFiCMGH0vgzQBIE6KZXOsxxxxxxx3EOGTrNSdJkDDD9X4Qsxxxx1yCvPsLkvQuPsLkyXdCetAwuE)bwoYkf4Gf35GZJWg8DTsdqWApoImgS8(dS0yjblpfDjNa)Or3Ja1eDArKOtdenArcSn7rcRjKIzhD4yS5GKBHn6clkzpexwzpeVycgcwNt0Htc4hzUC9irJobcKjqKRdYgaBZ(eWAjVzz5gc4VjAur3a1(CTTirGStpIEGTzpAy9yS6cyW6gzzJ4bpkpGbBAWJIagqabRnJ3ayWMg8OiGbeqWABfFamytdEueWaciyjREJHamytdEueWaciyzTItrgdGbBAWJIagqabeS55nll3qa)nr2PfrUoi7rnbIgjqfnsGTzpAGGLdweDB72OBBoy5zi52EeTabaa

thanks guys, i'll give it a go when the servers are back up, I did the broken shore quest line and am starting to get the hang of it, I just find it hard to tell how many pets I have, I've used Zpets to track what kind I have and if they're empowered but it'll be nice to see numbers of pets. I really enjoy the spec but it's very different so will take time to adjust
    TBH, then don't worry about it. You can get along just fine without ever worrying about your pet count. Once your familiarity with the spec gets up to par, then you can worry about maximizing dmg with the abilities that scale off your pets. It sure is a fun spec to play!

So I've been playing demo and I just kind of feel like something is missing (or I'm missing something). I'm pretty much spamming demonbolt, using hog when I have 4+ shards, dreadstalkers on cd and using demonic empowerment after dreadstalkers. Kind of curious what other people's talent choices are for T1,2,6,7.

Deleted
    thal'kiels consumption is not castable on movement anymore ?

Quote Originally Posted by marlaid View Post
    thal'kiels consumption is not castable on movement anymore ?
    Nope. Only one that is castable while moving for Warlock artifacts is Reap Souls but that's because it's instant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Nope. Only one that is castable while moving for Warlock artifacts is Reap Souls but that's because it's instant.
    Dimensional Rifts for destruction were able to cast while moving, have that been changed now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluukat View Post
    Dimensional Rifts for destruction were able to cast while moving, have that been changed now?
    Yep, it has.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    TBH, then don't worry about it. You can get along just fine without ever worrying about your pet count. Once your familiarity with the spec gets up to par, then you can worry about maximizing dmg with the abilities that scale off your pets. It sure is a fun spec to play!
    It certainly is, now I've spent more time playing around with it, done the artifact questline so used it in a questing situation rather than just at the training dummies it's really fun!
    Warlock

Deleted
    the spec is good on boss and dummies, but in dungeons

damn it's hell

the time you invoke a few pets, the pack of trash have been slayed by the stupid dps of melee cleave and tank
    i c'ant figure how to handle instance trash mobs, i just feel useless atm

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well, i dont think so, keep in mind that demo lost quite a bit of its burst aoe when meta got stolen away, coz no chaos wave and no cata, is essentially all of their burst aoe, i cant see it getting nerfed but never say never when it comes to blizz.
    I wouldn't say so, I personally think Blizz is not a fan of Burst AOE (at least not as fast as 2 GCD chaos wave win button). Demo has no bladestorm but its AoE is definately effective. you can even opt for the Darkglare for even more AoE.

Demonology probably has the most decent 'basic AoE' (without any talents) of the 3 lock specs. All the talent just synergyzes very well. I mean, Soul conduit works great for both Single & multiple Targets. Same goes for Hand of Doom. Implosion atm falls in this category as well.

if tuning stays like this & they fix the current bugs with Demo. It'll prolly turn out to be a very nice spec dmg wise.

The only thing i'm a bit concerned about is the Cleave potential (at least for mobs that are not stacked).
    made by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    the spec is good on boss and dummies, but in dungeons

damn it's hell

the time you invoke a few pets, the pack of trash have been slayed by the stupid dps of melee cleave and tank
    i c'ant figure how to handle instance trash mobs, i just feel useless atm
    Take aoe talents and how they pull enough for you to aoe.

It's basically a dot spec, so I wouldn't go in expecting it to be amazing at trash.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Take aoe talents and how they pull enough for you to aoe.
    Then you are pretty damn average at bosses cause of blizzards shitty new talent rest area system.