Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    It's not about transmog rules. It's about quest rewards, and how quest rewards being added to wardrobe, which has very little to do with how transmog works. It's jsut there to free up bagspace, it is not required for transmog, we were OK without it for years. They set the rules how unlocking quest items work, the choice is in their hands and it can be completely disconnected from how transmog rules work. But they chose to to make people go from "WOW! " to "awww ". Like I said I have no intention to go out and farm quest items on alts, maybe I would complete dungeon/world quests for missed items on my main, that would be an incentive for me to go out seek and collect items that I've missed even with Loremaster. Maybe I would even complete full Loremaster on my horde char for horde specific items. But to redo it on 4-8 alts? No thanks.
    I wouldn't expect most players to do all the quests on 8 characters either. I sure as hell won't. But like those who did the Insane achievement or try and find every mount in the game you'll also have people that want every appearance unlocked. More power to them if they want to spend their time on it. I'll be doing laps in Org.

EDIT: Transmog rules are the same as the Wardrobe because the Wardrobe is an extension of the Transmog system. They are not separate systems.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-05-19 at 04:40 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    There are some that I could see being tricky.

To be honest I'm more arsed about what a raised gold cap is going to do to T3 prices that are already out of the range I'm willing to pay than whether or not I can get a ratty piece of leather.
    it might've been tricky pre-wod; it's impossible now. you can't "lightly damage" something if you're even a little over-leveled anymore. i really wished they'd done the squish properly instead of throwing a massive damage buff in, but w/e it's done and buried now.

and that's fair, honestly. i'm really not interested in t3 because i don't find any of the sets at all appealing, so i have no real interest or stake in the new goldcap stuff, but those ratty pieces of leather are very useful to me in designing unique sets. different strokes and all that. i hope you can find a way to get the pieces that you want.

Hmm, posted yesterday.
    Did you forget to post this some five+ months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I wouldn't expect most players to do all the quests on 8 characters either. I sure as hell won't. But like those who did the Insane achievement or try and find every mount in the game you'll also have people that want every appearance unlocked. More power to them if they want to spend their time on it. I'll be doing laps in Org.
    ^As someone who has Insane, farms mounts, and is trying to level about 46 characters at once right now without multiboxing (lol give or take - I got them all to 50 last weekend!), let me give you some advice:

The point of collection is not to have the collection. What's the point of having every single piece of armor in the game at your fingertips? You'll never use it all. Some of it is butt-ugly. Some of it is an armor class you don't even play regularly.

The fun is in the pursuit. The weird things you have to do to get it. The satisfaction of snagging something that most people consider out of Reach.

If you're not having fun, the collection is meaningless.

Even if Blizzard changes the rules, I suspect they are not going to pat you on the back and say 'oh! our mistake! here's everything!'. You are going to have a grind ahead of you one way or another.

If you don't like grinding, don't make yourself do it. You'll just get bitter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lutris View Post
    it might've been tricky pre-wod; it's impossible now. you can't "lightly damage" something if you're even a little over-leveled anymore. i really wished they'd done the squish properly instead of throwing a massive damage buff in, but w/e it's done and buried now.
    tbh given how fast you can level a lowbie these days I feel like this is easily surmountable. Once you hit 15, dungeons + hierlooms + dungeons quests can = 2-3 levels in one go.

I think if it is that important to you, you can find a way to do it without too much trouble.

and that's fair, honestly. i'm really not interested in t3 because i don't find any of the sets at all appealing, so i have no real interest or stake in the new goldcap stuff, but those ratty pieces of leather are very useful to me in designing unique sets. different strokes and all that. i hope you can find a way to get the pieces that you want.
    Druid t3 remains some of the prettiest gear we have available.

I'm buttmad I see rogues and monks wearing it. WHY AM I SO POOR lol

There are some that I could see being tricky.

To be honest I'm more arsed about what a raised gold cap is going to do to T3 prices that are already out of the range I'm willing to pay than whether or not I can get a ratty piece of leather.

- - - Updated - - -

*tilts head to the side* Okay you're going to half to talk to me like I'm 4.

How is it, exactly, that you think a system that collects appearances, and a system that allows you to wear those appearances, have 'little to do with each others'?
    Because transmog does not require a wardrobe (we've been fine for years without it). Wardrobe will free up bagspace, and make items essentially accountwide. The fact that your clothie can't wear plate will not change, transmog system is intact. But your mage could still be able to put that plate chest from a quest into the account wide wardrobe.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea about crafting these items. But to post items that are now unobtainable is really hard, even wowhead can't list them in a consequent way. I've tried to list them out but wowhead is really derp in this regard.
    Many folks on this thread haven't been very even-handed with the handling of this revelation (as if we didn't know this before). It could be as simple as having a bunch of recipes drop from TW dungeons. Players have accessibility and they're engaged in X content to obtain ABC. Given that the same models drop from multiple sources, I imagine that this's a much shorter list than this whole "8 Loremasters?!" thread wants people to believe.

tbh given how fast you can level a lowbie these days I feel like this is easily surmountable. Once you hit 15, dungeons + hierlooms + dungeons quests can = 2-3 levels in one go.

I think if it is that important to you, you can find a way to do it without too much trouble.

Druid t3 remains some of the prettiest gear we have available.

I'm buttmad I see rogues and monks wearing it. WHY AM I SO POOR lol
    ...yeah i don't have any character slots left. >_>

well i mean i do, but only enough to roll a couple of demon hunters. can't really afford two wow accounts currently. :x

and lol i feel you on being poor. i managed to buy a cm carry for 250k on one of my servers and that was the most gold i'd ever seen at once. even farming like twenty garrisons for gold i cannot imagine having a gold cap, let alone more than one.

Because transmog does not require a wardrobe (we've been fine for years without it). Wardrobe will free up bagspace, and make items essentially accountwide. The fact that your clothie can't wear plate will not change, transmog system is intact. But your mage could still be able to put that plate chest from a quest into the account wide wardrobe.
    Wardrobe has limited value without transmog outside of RP realms -_-

But whatever.

Some time ago I got to read a delightful dev interview about how little Blizzard likes the idea of alts piggybacking of the progress of mains/more advanced characters of the same account. It was nice discussion about how I choose to play being incompatible with how they want me to play.

These restrictions aren't any surprise to me, because I saw the writing on the wall when Garrisons were unique to each character rather than shared per faction per server. I suspect heirlooms and shared mounts are only tolerated because they help you get to max and the 'real game' faster.

To be honest I'm kind of surprised they're being so generous as to allow the armor type unlock across all characters of that type. lol

- - - Updated - - -

...yeah i don't have any character slots left. >_>

well i mean i do, but only enough to roll a couple of demon hunters.
    I'm bumping against the restriction myself. I suspect I will have to delete the characters I made in 2005.

.......oh my god I just realized I can use them to get the missing pieces.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well that's fucking bullshit.

total jackasses, and if people complain about this enough, they will change it. so you need to make threads about this all over the place and spread the word.
    Alas. There were two capped threads on it, and a third that is still limping along (mostly because I keep bumping it to let forum users in General Discussion know that I've updated the FAQ I maintain there so non-beta access accounts can reply).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20044155596 - first part

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20043465745 - second part

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20042706754 - third part

Myself and others have taken to Twitter as well, but getting an answer to questions is almost akin to pulling teeth from a hen...

It's really something Blizz doesn't want to chat about, probably because a vast majority of their players don't really bother with fan news sites beyond glancing at the headlines - if they bother to visit fan news sites at all, that is. (Sorry, chaud.)

And also, sorry, but I'm not going to read further in this thread. I'm already seeing here the same arguments tossed back and forth that I've been reading since December. At this point, I am just trying to maintain the FAQ in two places, and I am really just burned out about everything to do with Legion's game design.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Many folks on this thread haven't been very even-handed with the handling of this revelation (as if we didn't know this before). It could be as simple as having a bunch of recipes drop from TW dungeons. Players have accessibility and they're engaged in X content to obtain ABC. Given that the same models drop from multiple sources, I imagine that this's a much shorter list than this whole "8 Loremasters?!" thread wants people to believe.
    Well, it's simple, but it would be more simple to just write the code to allow everything to be added to the wardrobe. If you just look at the dev time requirement in collecting out these items, creating recipes for them vs. just modifying the code to add everything from completed quests. Don't get me wrong it's still better than having to redo the quests on multiple alts, so if that's the price, so be it.
    That's one thing that one look has multiple source. But it is at the end of a long chain that requires other quests to unlock. For example my main has loremaster. But i wanted the Dark Vessel transmog set for my newest hunter. It took me about 2 hours to get through on the required quests (most of the hinterland Jintha'alor quest line + plenty from Theramore + some of Felwood).
    So yeah. It's not like you could cherry pick these quests for desired transmog items. :/

Edit: And btw I'm that kind of person who has farmed the outland quest gear set for my monk and rogue, so it's not like I'd refuse to go out of my way to do things. But not going to do loremaster on 8 chars....
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-19 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'm sure you've just been waiting ever since you got those drops on your warlock for them to be available to use for your plate wearers huh
    nope, I main a DK, I play that most of the time, that item just never drops for me. But that is not why I'm complaining. I say what is so damn game breaking for them to have these restrictions on tmog system.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I actually thought what Blizzard are doing is actually what they announced.

I didn't even interpret it in the way the poster did.

Why the fuck would my Warlock have had unlocked the Plate Gear? Maybe I think too logically.
    Because transmog didn't even *exist* when they removed the original 1-60 quests from the game. We had absolutely no way of knowing that we needed to do those quests for every armor type, so the only sensible solution is to unlock everything for the removed quests that we have completed regardless of equipability.

Quests that are still in the game are a different story since we can still do all of those on any character types needed.

That's one thing that one look has multiple source. But it is at the end of a long chain that requires other quests to unlock. For example my main has loremaster. But i wanted the Dark Vessel transmog set for my newest hunter. It took me about 2 hours to get through on the required quests (most of the hinterland Jintha'alor quest line + plenty from Theramore + some of Felwood).
    So yeah. It's not like you could cherry pick these quests for transmog items. :/
    You know what the trick to Insane is?

Pacing.

I gave myself a time limit of how much I was allowed to grind each day. 30 minutes to an hour. Then I would go do something else. Didn't matter if I felt like doing more. I stopped so I wouldn't burn out.

Two hours times however many of the unique items you want is a big number, but splitting a large task into smaller, more achievable tasks is a good skill to teach yourself.

You don't need it all now, so don't kill yourself trying to get it. Do a bit each night or every other night. You'll get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard of the "FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED" expression. Also, completely disagree with the OP.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Azurfel View Post
    Because transmog didn't even *exist* when they removed the original 1-60 quests from the game. We had absolutely no way of knowing that we needed to do those quests for every armor type, so the only sensible solution is to unlock everything for the removed quests that we have completed regardless of equipability.

Quests that are still in the game are a different story since we can still do all of those on any character types needed.
    They've already shown interest in giving us ways to attain gear that's no longer attainable tho so I don't get the outrage.

Pls stop with the mindless QQ.

Why would you unlock plate gear on a warlock ? Stop being a child.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    The ONLY thing I still want to see in Wows transmog system is freaking Fist Weapons being able to be mogged to other 1handers.
    I personally love them, and I love using them on my Enh Shammy. It just looks so brutal while you go ham with windfury procing and whatnot.

And some people hate Fist Weapons. In Legion, Monks are stuck with them(although I can't understand why you would roll a punchkick class and then complain about them using fistweapons)

They added Polearms to the twohander list, and Bows/guns/xbows are moggable to eachother. I still don't get why this is still not in the game yet.

I can make my Warrior dual wield two Staff of Jordans, but not have him punch dragons in the face.
    Come on Blizz

You know what the trick to Insane is?

Pacing.

I gave myself a time limit of how much I was allowed to grind each day. 30 minutes to an hour. Then I would go do something else. Didn't matter if I felt like doing more. I stopped so I wouldn't burn out.

Two hours times however many of the unique items you want is a big number, but splitting a large task into smaller, more achievable tasks is a good skill to teach yourself.

You don't need it all now, so don't kill yourself trying to get it. Do a bit each night or every other night. You'll get there.
    I have the insane title too. But that's completely different, I had to do it once, and the title is account wide. What they want with wardrobe is 30% account wide, 50% not, and 20% whatevs. Insane title was worth 100% of it. Retroactively doing this with wardrobe is not.

I have the insane title too. But that's completely different, I had to do it once, and the title is account wide. What they want with wardrobe is 30% account wide, 50% not, and 20% whatevs.
    You know there are some legitimate points with how this is rolling out (like the valid point of quests that require you not to kill a mob when you're 100) but the more you guys make up numbers rather than discuss them the more I sink into my chair and sigh.

You know there are some legitimate points with how this is rolling out (like the valid point of quests that require you not to kill a mob when you're 100) but the more you guys make up numbers rather than discuss them the more I sink into my chair and sigh.
    Well, it's hard to give exact numbers, because it all depends on what chars you have. If your priest is your main, and you have a mage alt, then most of the items you've collected from quests is truly account wide. Until you roll a paladin for example...... Then you will see an empty wardrobe. Ok, mabye you'll have cloaks and shirts. That's the 20% whatevs.