Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They should solve this issue by having an NPC you can talk to, give him an item you can not equip, the item is consumed but added to your transmog storage. Problem solved with exploiting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Nifty. Thank you!
    yeah i found it amazingly useful for mog collecting

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    They've already shown interest in giving us ways to attain gear that's no longer attainable tho so I don't get the outrage.
    If you think that they are going to add a way to get every single removed piece of quest gear, i have a bridge to sell you.

The only way i could see that happening is if they added legacy servers (which would be a perfect solution since i want that anyway, but it seems unlikely xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Pls stop with the mindless QQ.

Why would you unlock plate gear on a warlock ? Stop being a child.
    Do you have a time machine handy? Because i would do those removed 1-60 quests again and again with a song in my heart. We are talking about stuff that there is no way to obtain.
    Last edited by Azurfel; 2016-05-19 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Well, it's simple, but it would be more simple to just write the code to allow everything to be added to the wardrobe. If you just look at the dev time requirement in collecting out these items, creating recipes for them vs. just modifying the code to add everything from completed quests. Don't get me wrong it's still better than having to redo the quests on multiple alts, so if that's the price, so be it.
    That's one thing that one look has multiple source. But it is at the end of a long chain that requires other quests to unlock. For example my main has loremaster. But i wanted the Dark Vessel transmog set for my newest hunter. It took me about 2 hours to get through on the required quests (most of the hinterland Jintha'alor quest line + plenty from Theramore + some of Felwood).
    So yeah. It's not like you could cherry pick these quests for desired transmog items. :/

Edit: And btw I'm that kind of person who has farmed the outland quest gear set for my monk and rogue, so it's not like I'd refuse to go out of my way to do things. But not going to do loremaster on 8 chars....
    Even more simple would be for Blizzard to stand firm on their decision =D.
    You make a good point, but this is a topic about the extreme scenario - a player who wants absolutely every available mog. Why is this thread focusing on pre-cataclysm stuff? More recent expansions' quest rewards don't give you a choice of what armor type to choose from. I don't think every quest that awards gear should unlock every other transmog option under the hood. I don't find that to be very immersive in a system whose design is immersion.

Well, it's hard to give exact numbers, because it all depends on what chars you have. If your priest is your main, and you have a mage alt, then most of the items you've collected from quests is truly account wide. Until you roll a paladin for example...... Then you will see an empty wardrobe. Ok, mabye you'll have cloaks and shirts. That's the 20% whatevs.
    But that makes sense to me. There's no reason for my priest to hold on to plate gear she would never wear for 11 years unless she is some sort of weird hoarder.

Going back to your earlier example - I could fill my closet with kids clothes IRL even though I can't wear them.

But seeing as I don't have a kid that would be downright creepy as hell.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, people will really rant endlessly about anything
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    To a degree, for some though, like me, think it's just hit home at how much low level content we need to do now.
    If you wanted that under the current system, you would target those specific quests on each character sharing that proficiency.
    With the wardrobe you only need to do it once on each proficiency, and without the inventory requirement.

People too readily throw around the "need" phrase as if it is adding mandatory requirements, when it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurfel View Post
    If you think that they are going to add a way to get every single removed piece of quest gear, i have a bridge to sell you.

The only way i could see that happening is if they added legacy servers (which would be a perfect solution since i want that anyway, but it seems unlikely xD)
    And we don't know how blizzard are going to handle that.
    Perhaps if someone asked them instead of bashing them.

I have the insane title too. But that's completely different, I had to do it once, and the title is account wide. What they want with wardrobe is 30% account wide, 50% not, and 20% whatevs. Insane title was worth 100% of it. Retroactively doing this with wardrobe is not.
    Rubbish.
    Other collections have requirements on first adding to the collection, such as reputation, faction, profession etc and some of those items keep various requirements even once in the collection.
    They are account-wide as much as the Wardrobe is.
    Account-wide does not mean equally usable on every character freely.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-19 at 05:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I think that the world will keep turning whether or not they do.

This time last year we thought those items were gone forever, and it kind of sucked, the way the literally destroying the old world sucked in general, but the world moved on.... and now there's a chance some of them are coming back. That's cool with me.

The feature opens up a loooot of possibility (and inventory space) for me, I'm not going to be mad that it isn't limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If you wanted that under the current system, you would target those specific quests on each character sharing that proficiency.
    With the wardrobe you only need to do it once on each proficiency, and without the inventory requirement.

People too readily throw around the "need" phrase as if it is adding mandatory requirements, when it is not.

And we don't know how blizzard are going to handle that.
    Perhaps if someone asked them instead of bashing them.
    When we say need (or at least when i do), we mean that we are going to do whatever it takes to unlock everything we can.

Personally, i don't mind doing a ton of quests six more times (i've done far more ridiculous things in WoW for far less reward. I did Zul'Drak dailies for 6 years straight to get the Deputy Pa'trolla Badge. A few quests are nothing next to that) but others find having to do quests that they have already done 6 more times to be deeply frustrating, and i see no reason to criticize that.

Removed quests tho? Like i said: Legacy Server=Song in my Heart, but if they have us grind Timewalking or some other such nonsense to unlock hundreds of removed quest rewards that we already earned? That would be bullshit.

I think that the world will keep turning whether or not they do.

This time last year we thought those items were gone forever, and it kind of sucked, the way the literally destroying the old world sucked in general, but the world moved on.... and now there's a chance some of them are coming back. That's cool with me.

The feature opens up a loooot of possibility (and inventory space) for me, I'm not going to be mad that it isn't limitless.
    About that... When the Transmog revamp was first announced as being a future thing in MoP, i was planning to ticket Blizz over and over until they restored every single removed quest reward that i earned. I was sooooo excited that i wouldn't have to do that when the Wardrobe system was detailed xD

And i never moved on and will never move on. I have been asking for the original 1-60 quests to be restored in some form since they were removed and don't plan to stop.
    Last edited by Azurfel; 2016-05-19 at 06:04 PM.

When we say need (or at least when i do), we mean that we are going to do whatever it takes to unlock everything we can.

Personally, i don't mind doing a ton of quests six more times (i've done far more ridiculous things in WoW for far less reward. I did Zul'Drak dailies for 6 years straight to get the Deputy Pa'trolla Badge. A few quests are nothing next to that) but others find having to do quests that they have already done 6 more times to be deeply frustrating, and i see no reason to criticize that.

Removed quests tho? Like i said: Legacy Server=Song in my Heart, but if they have us grind Timewalking or some other such nonsense to unlock hundreds of removed quest rewards that we already earned? That would be bullshit.
    To be honest you can do what we did back when the keyring was introduced. They asked us what keys we want on it. Someone went to thottbot (ahahahahhahahahaha) and searched the word 'key' and posted every single result for them in direct response, plus a few of the attunment items you needed to unlock things but weren't labeled 'key'.

Create a list of what's missing, present it to them, and ask, politely, if you can have a way to reattain it all.

But you don't have those quest rewards now....

They're not taking anything away from you, they're just not adding everything you wanted.

Previously, you had to a quest 11+ times to get it for transmog on every alt. Similarly, you couldn't always make it work out- what if a single quest rewarded two things you wanted to transmog? Out of luck.

I think a lot of people are also blowing way out of proportion how many unique questing appearances there are. Sure, if you want every *item* unlocked, you do Loremaster. If you want an appearance, there are some that are quest only- but many others have dropped/BOE/crafted analogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    At Blizzcon we were told anything we looted would be unlocked for our account. This was excellent! Did you do firelands on your mage and get no staff? No problem, go on your rogue and have it drop for him. Now your mage has a staff!

Did you do Loremaster back in Classic? Did you do it again after Cataclysm’s zone changes? Great! ALL of the quest rewards is now unlocked to your account. Did you choose a bow over the sword? You get both sword and bow now because of the fact you did the quest!.

But, of course. Players have a quote they love to say about Blizzard.

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED.

In order to unlock an armor piece, it must be SOULBOUND, and any trade/refund timer must EXPIRE before it is unlocked. This means if a pretty green drops, you need to equip it and make it soubound in order to unlock it.
    If an item is race/race/faction restricted, it will only unlock when looted by the target.
    To unlock an armor piece, it must be of your class’s PRIMARY armor spec. This means if your priest’s long lost helmet drops on your warrior, you’re out of luck flat out. Warriors can equip cloth, but that helmet isn’t plate, so it isn’t unlocked.
    To unlock a weapon, your class has to be able to equip it to unlock. This means to get a warrior to max level if you want to farm a weapon that refuses to drop for another class of yours. If it’s a wand, you’re out of luck.

And now, there’s one big change that was made recently. As Blizzard promised us before,

“If you complete a quest, ALL of the rewards will be unlocked, no matter what you chose.”

FUN DETECTED, FUN NERFED. Blizzard changed this rule DRASTICALLY. People, like myself, have began to do Loremaster in order to get all of that sweet transmog you unlock. As some people know, both factions have UNIQUE quest rewards you can only get by questing on that faction. No faction restriction, simply they didn’t add the model to the other. So, in order to get ALL quest rewards, you needed to do Loremaster twice.

Now, blizzard changed this. You no longer get all rewards, you only get what belongs to your class. If you did all quests on a hunter, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED THE MAIL AND WHATEVER WEAPONS YOU’RE ALLOWED TO EQUIP. If you did all the quests on a warrior, YOU ONLY UNLOCKED PLATE AND ALL WEAPONS(minus wands).

This means if you want to get ALL quest rewards for transmog, you need to do Loremaster EIGHT TIMES. One for EACH armor type, for BOTH factions.
    Not sure why you are acting like this is news?we were told this already at Blizzcom!

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    But you don't have those quest rewards now....

They're not taking anything away from you, they're just not adding everything you wanted.

Previously, you had to a quest 11+ times to get it for transmog on every alt. Similarly, you couldn't always make it work out- what if a single quest rewarded two things you wanted to transmog? Out of luck.

I think a lot of people are also blowing way out of proportion how many unique questing appearances there are. Sure, if you want every *item* unlocked, you do Loremaster. If you want an appearance, there are some that are quest only- but many others have dropped/BOE/crafted analogues.
    For better and for worse, making something a collection changes that part of the game. Pre-Wrath, we sought out the specific pets and mounts we wanted. After Wrath made them learnable, the new goal was to get them all. That's just how it is.

Also, you vastly underestimate how many of the removed 1-60 quest rewards were unique. From BC onward, there are fewer, but as far as i recall, the majority in vanilla were at *least* a recolor.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    You know what the trick to Insane is?

Pacing.

I gave myself a time limit of how much I was allowed to grind each day. 30 minutes to an hour. Then I would go do something else. Didn't matter if I felt like doing more. I stopped so I wouldn't burn out.

Two hours times however many of the unique items you want is a big number, but splitting a large task into smaller, more achievable tasks is a good skill to teach yourself.

You don't need it all now, so don't kill yourself trying to get it. Do a bit each night or every other night. You'll get there.
    That's the way that I grinded out The Insane as well.

Granted, I did it by reputation/lockboxes instead of session duration. Like, 1000 Everlook rep this day, 200 lockboxes this day, etc. It works a lot better than charging headlong into it and burning yourself out for months (or years).
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

For better and for worse, making something a collection changes that part of the game. Pre-Wrath, we sought out the specific pets and mounts we wanted. After Wrath made them learnable, the new goal was to get them all. That's just how it is.

Also, you vastly underestimate how many of the removed 1-60 quest rewards were unique. From BC onward, there are fewer, but as far as i recall, the majority in vanilla were at *least* a recolor.
    There are very few people who view every collection in the game as "must get them all". I don't think those people really have a good grasp on what "fun" is, or how to detect it.

My pet and mount collecting hasn't changed since BC... I collect pets and mounts I want. Toy collection hasn't made me go randomly collect toys- I use the ones that I like and have. Heirloom collection hasn't changed what looms I buy, it's just made it easier to use what I have.

Similarly, transmog collection will free up hundreds of bank slots for me, and let me use some really cool mogs I've collected on my main on my (same armor class) alts. Same with some really rare/obscure weapons I have. And that's great.

I'm still not going to go collect hundreds or thousands of appearances "just because". I'll do what I always have, and go collect the ones I really wanted.

As for 1-60 rewards... The ones that were really unique, I still have in my bank bags if I wanted them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I have the insane title too. But that's completely different, I had to do it once, and the title is account wide. What they want with wardrobe is 30% account wide, 50% not, and 20% whatevs. Insane title was worth 100% of it. Retroactively doing this with wardrobe is not.
    The actual reputation completion is per character, regardless of title. Same for "the fabulous" title for wardrobe collection, the title is going to be account-wide, but the actual collection itself isn't.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Look at all these people sticking up for Blizzard. It's no wonder the company pulls shit like this, when mindless fanboys will kiss their ass no matter what bullshit they pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Look at all these people sticking up for Blizzard. It's no wonder the company pulls shit like this, when mindless fanboys will kiss their ass no matter what bullshit they pull.
    I have discovered I'm called a 'fanboy' or a 'hater' depending on whether or not people agree with me more than my track record.

Blizzard has banned me more than once from their forums - my favorite of which was for a post that attributed likelihood of a change being made to how much it'll hit their revenue recognition.

So how about you take that pitchfork and kindly put it somewhere safe.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    There are very few people who view every collection in the game as "must get them all". I don't think those people really have a good grasp on what "fun" is, or how to detect it.
    Which is a perfectly valid opinion by itself, but this design choice only really effects us. Defending Blizzard's decision just because something doesn't effect you and you don't like the way those of us it does effect spend our time in the game is kind of petty.

I don't understand, why don't blizzard just allow you to unlock the stuff right/? transmog restrictions still apply, it's not like you're going to be able to wear or xmog plate armor on a cloth user, , and you already made the effort with a character. Why don't you just lift that restriction