Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I wish the ending of a match was a bit more fluid

Is it just me or is it odd how the games just stop?

Also I end up in a game and have no idea what type of game it is. I hope they add some more types of matches a CTF type game would be cool.

Would be cool if they did a warsong gulch or a arathi basin map with this game

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    Is it just me or is it odd how the games just stop?

Also I end up in a game and have no idea what type of game it is. I hope they add some more types of matches a CTF type game would be cool.

Would be cool if they did a warsong gulch or a arathi basin map with this game
    Too much open space for a Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin map to work in Overwatch IMO, it would just be Snipers across the board every match on those maps.

I really hope they come out with some new map types down the road as well. I don't see why they wouldn't.

There's an indicator at the top of your screen of the enemy team's progress and a timer for how long they have left. When the round ends, there's a visual overlay and a brief time slow before it cuts to the winning team and the POTG. What about either of these isn't fluid enough?

Both game types can be determined at the hero select screen, depending on whether it says Attack/Defend or Skirmish. Mid-game, you can tell based on the UI at the top of the screen. Adding more types wouldn't clear up your confusion.

The games never just stop. There's a timer at the top of your screen and an audio cue as it counts down (thirty seconds remaining, etc). Also the music starts to swell as you get below ten seconds, and so long as an attacking player is standing on point you go into overtime which can last permanently until all attacking players are knocked off the point or the point is captured. Finally once overtime burns off, everything slows down then you get the notification of victory or defeat.

I can understand the first couple games you play being surprised that the match is over, but now I don't even need to see the timer to know the audio cues of when the game is close to finishing. I'm starting to wonder, based on a lot of the complains about various things on this forum, if a lot of people play with sound muted or somethong.

As for telling which type of map you're on that is obvious from the display at the top of the screen below the timer. If it has a progression bar with white dots, its a payload map. A circle that says Point A or Point B is capture the point, and two percentile circles is king of the hill. Plus all of the maps are the same style each time, so once you play through each map once you should know what each one is. Volskaya Industries, Hanimura, and Temple of Anubis are capture maps, for example, while Lianjiang Tower and Nepal and Ilois are King of the Hill.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Deleted
    pretty sure OP doesn't know what "fluid" means...
    also I don't think CTF type mode would be ever balanced/fun to play with heroes like Tracer or Pharah....

15+ Year Old Account
    you go into overtime which can last permanently
    If neither team is able to end Overtime, the match forcibly ends after about 30 minutes with no potg or results screen and a new game starts. Not sure if they've changed this or not, since its a rare occurance.

[QUOTE=L34;40342656]pretty sure OP doesn't know what "fluid" means...
    also I don't think CTF type mode would be ever balanced/fun to play with heroes like Tracer or Pharah

ignorant response but whatever

Deleted
    [QUOTE=dreaderus;40411023]
    Quote Originally Posted by L34 View Post
    pretty sure OP doesn't know what "fluid" means...
    also I don't think CTF type mode would be ever balanced/fun to play with heroes like Tracer or Pharah

ignorant response but whatever
    Your OP is ignorant.

Deleted
    I literally just created an account to say how dumb this thread is.

[QUOTE=Nakloh;40411050]

Your OP is ignorant.
    QQ more

I find it suitable, the end doesn't flow easily, it just stops,, perhaps I am just not used to it but it is my observation despite the absolute rude keyboard warrior-type replies here.

Fluid definition: .
    (of a substance) able to flow easily.
    "the paint is more fluid than tube watercolors"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Expl0r3r View Post
    and illustrate how you yourself are quite dumb

Deleted
    I find it suitable, the end doesn't flow easily, it just stops,, perhaps I am just not used to it but it is my observation despite the absolute rude keyboard warrior-type replies here.
    Let's put your flamewar aside and try to be constructive.

Give us an example of a more "fluid" ending. Something like Titanfall perhaps?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't share your feelings about things stopping abruptly, nor do I feel like I had problems understanding what I was supposed to do or even what the objectives were. I'd say those complaints will fade with a bit more time spent with the game, though.

As for different game modes, I think a lot of people want them, but most extra game mode types (death matches/CTF/King of the Hill/etc) would have to be for fun, 'cause they'd never be balanced with the way the game is set up.

I hope the new maps they add are different objectives. I would like to see a death match and capture the flag mode at some point.

CTF would be terrible... Tracer? Pharah? And i dont really understand how you can not know what kind of game mode you're in after playing around 5ish games? They all have different indicators at the top of the UI. I also dont understand how you want it to be fluid when the game ends? Its over. You wouldnt have gotten flamed had your post made any kind of sense.

Deleted

QQ more

Fluid definition: .
    (of a substance) able to flow easily.
    "the paint is more fluid than tube watercolors"

>Match is drawing close to its end, music starts to slowly ramp up
    >OVERTIME, music is going ham and a flaming indicator on top of your screen shows you exactly what the situation is
    >If winning team manages to keep the objective; slow-mo fade to black and "VICTORY/DEFEAT" shows on screen
    >If losing team manages to contest and overtake the objective, go back to step 1

Only time when the game "JUST STOPS" is if you let the enemy team win without trying to contest the objective (which by the way, is almost as stupid as your post).

Deleted
    If you were playing the game properly then you would know and acknowledge the buildup to the ending of the game not by soundscore swelling up, or someone indicating it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I hope the new maps they add are different objectives. I would like to see a death match and capture the flag mode at some point.
    From what Jeff has said in the 3 part documentry from ign a couple of weeks back, I would say death match won't be coming into the game. Capture the flag could be if they can get some of the concerns they have about certain heroes sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    >Match is drawing close to its end, music starts to slowly ramp up
    >OVERTIME, music is going ham and a flaming indicator on top of your screen shows you exactly what the situation is
    >If winning team manages to keep the objective; slow-mo fade to black and "VICTORY/DEFEAT" shows on screen
    >If losing team manages to contest and overtake the objective, go back to step 1

Only time when the game "JUST STOPS" is if you let the enemy team win without trying to contest the objective (which by the way, is almost as stupid as your post).
    ah shucks are you mad?

Thanks for taking the time to post though reflects the irony of it all.

Deleted
    ah shucks are you mad?

Thanks for taking the time to post though reflects the irony of it all.
    Yes I'm mad that I have to explain these things even though I'm not a kindergarten caretaker. And I don't even get paid.

You're probably still adjusting to the victory conditions of the map. The match timer isn't always obvious, but there is a big countdown towards the end. At the end of that, if the attacking team isn't successful, they lose.

However if the capture point/payload is still being contested (ie the attacking team has someone on the cap point/payload's radius) it will go into overtime, and the game won't end until either the attackers win or the defenders push them all off the point/payload. There's a bar showing Overtime, and if all attackers are off the point/payload it starts ticking down. If it reaches zero, overtime ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Expl0r3r View Post
    How considerate of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.