Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    There are people on both sides of the fence about a conspiracy theory that unsubbed or non-active accounts are prioritized over randoms. Or the other side that say the selection is entirely random.

Personally, I think it's a combination, and they would be smart to target certain testing ranges. Potato computers, people that haven't subbed in a while, twitch streamers, highly public figures and the like. Maybe you get 5,000 targeted and a bunch of random.

It shouldn't be one or the other. A company like Blizzard shouldn't be allowing the testing of their betas to complete randomness.
    Why shouldn't they let beta be complete randomness? Would you also like them to let only raiders, pvp'ers, stream "celebrities" ect play the game when it goes live? makes no sense. The community is random...let the testing be random.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    So Sparty's give aways are amazing, so engaging, was worth staying up for till half 2 UK time for
    Thanks for staying up so late for them We'll do some more games tonight and then give the EU guys some proper time this weekend.

I've opened up Twitter and Facebook ones now and we'll have an in game scavenger hunt as well within the next few days, occurring almost daily.
    GM of Death Jesters - Stormrage US - Daddy Ashbringer
    Twitch.tv/spartysmallwood
    Building a better community, one player at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Why shouldn't they let beta be complete randomness? Would you also like them to let only raiders, pvp'ers, stream "celebrities" ect play the game when it goes live? makes no sense. The community is random...let the testing be random.
    Your ability to comprehend is baffling. I'm not talking about limiting game play.

You can't compare a testing environment to live.

Maybe they have certain stresses they want to place on their servers? Maybe they want to find out how it runs on 5 year old Macs? Maybe they want to know what happens with Nvidia chips that are old so they can announce that there are issues ahead of time. See where I'm going with this.

They should target their testing. The bugs will be flushed out regardless, but if they want specific data they need to target it.

Your comment is irrelevant and not well thought through.
    No beta yet, I'll keep trying.

Anything from eurogamer yet guys? Emails, etc??

No mail from eurogamer :/

Its. Not. Time. Yet.

Half an hour more guys relax.

7+ Year Old Account
    Randomness is good, but it isn't and shouldn't be 100% random. They do target people for specific reasons and then do random flagging.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Randomness is good, but it isn't and shouldn't be 100% random. They do target people for specific reasons and then do random flagging.
    Agreed. I don't think they'd get as much information out of beta if they let randomness take over.

They should target for certain feedback, and use random for general bug and server load.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Because high end raiders and high end pvp players have more valuable input when it comes to those two sections of endgame then avg joe. You might not like this but it is the truth, you need those kind of players to test your game. Streamers bring attention to your game. (That said I don't really feel like this is to important early on but w/e. guess it keeps the hype going.)

This isn't a demo, its to improve the game before it hits live, you need specific people to do so and the rest to be filled up with randoms, its exactly what they do.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2016-05-19 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    Agreed. I don't think they'd get as much information out of beta if they let randomness take over.

They should target for certain feedback, and use random for general bug and server load.
    Good old Friend and Family alpha was the targeted phase, after that (what was once called beta) it was mostly random based on a few unknown variables (computer specs, distance from main servers, language, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by naimc View Post
    Its. Not. Time. Yet.

Half an hour more guys relax.
    Well granted, the contest said that emails will be sent out no later than 8PM UK time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaulkner View Post
    Well granted, the contest said that emails will be sent out no later than 8PM UK time.
    Maybe it took them this long just to do the selecting lol, there were around 18k players (or bots) entered.

You still have 7 mins to receive the email, if they stick to that timeframe. If you don't receive anything by then... DING DING DING WE HAVE A LOSERRRR. Congrats on no beta club still. Too many people are expecting to receive an email...

Quote Originally Posted by Vaulkner View Post
    Surprised if no mmo champer wins
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

You still have 7 mins to receive the email, if they stick to that timeframe. If you don't receive anything by then... DING DING DING WE HAVE A LOSERRRR. Congrats on no beta club still. Too many people are expecting to receive an email...
    Well, there's about a 5% chance to get a key. 1 in 20 isn't terrible.

Deleted
    I have over 20 friends entered, so statistically we should get one key...

If nobody does and mmo has nobody saying they do, then they didn't go out (yet).

I'm not expecting anything. There's always hope however.

Still nothing on my end, maybe took them a little longer than they thought?

No one has reported getting anything in the comments under the Eurogamer giveaway either, there's still hope...maybe...

Deleted
    No idea, but this is pure amateurism, not even a post on their page to say, ok we can't get it out or something, or they all sent out.