Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    He self funded all through the primaries, which no other candidate has done. He has spent less than any other candidate, far less than what was spent on attack ads against just him. He put his money where his mouth is, now he needs a lot of money to finish can't really blaming him for raising funds, and he did say he is going to continue to use his own money.

Now he is joining the rnc to raise funds for his election and any other republican who needs funds for the future. If u really want to get into it all politicians say one thing and do another.

"self funded" stop believing this.

He's self donated from his PERSONAL bank about 250,000. Might be more at this point, he's loaned campaign about 25 million dollars from his company to his campaign with the stipulation that it can be paid back out of campaign funds. So really he hasn't self funded. He's also taken 7 million dollars in donations from supporters and you know, for someone who doesn't want to take donations he sure has a lot of buttons to do so on his site.

Deleted
    Come on... he is obsessed with money... He will try to make money on the campaign...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    He self funded all through the primaries,
    No, he didn't. "The Lie of Trump's 'Self-Funding' Campaign". (How do you know Trump is lying? His mouth is moving and he's not speaking under penalty of perjury.)
    Trump has raised roughly $48 million so far, according to the Center for Responsive Politics—far less than Hillary Clinton, Sanders, Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, or Ben Carson, including super PAC donations. More than $12 million of that—fully one-quarter of his total—comes from, you guessed it, donations to the campaign. Until last fall, they were the major fuel for Trump’s run. Politifact’s Lauren Carroll notes, “From the start of his campaign in April through October last year, individual contributions made up about 67 percent of total money raised for his campaign.”
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

He's the thing...he never really was self funding.

He's already flopped on, scotus, taxes on the filthy rich, banning Muslims, releasing his taxes, and thats just off the top of my head; i'm sure there is plenty more.

Not sure complaining about Trump "flipping" to "shill" mode...vs. Hillary...who has been in ..."Shill" mode the whole time...makes a difference.
    It looks like you are complaining that shit Trump is covered in is any different or worse that the shit Hillary is covered in.

They are both the same thing...one just shuts up about it and gets to fucking the "people" over....the other tells you they are going to do it before you get fucked..

I am not sure why there is any level of surprise when a candidate takes money from corporations....oh, I mean people...sorry.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, definitely voting Hillary now. Can't vote for a candidate who's this concerned about making money for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    He's the thing...he never really was self funding.

He's already flopped on, scotus, taxes on the filthy rich, banning Muslims, releasing his taxes, and thats just off the top of my head; i'm sure there is plenty more.
    You mean besides pretending to be another guy, admitting to it in the 80's and denying in 2016?

And anything that can be levied against him as flip flopping pales in comparison to the fact that he just -had- to talk about how big his dick was during a presidential primary debate. No one in the history of the United states has been so crude as to have to talk about how big their dick was during a presidential debate. This one thing alone shows he doesn't have the social skills to represent anyone in political office none the less the president of the united states. I'm surprised the rest of the candidates didn't just walk off stage after decreeing how disgusting of a human being he was and that was 5 mins into the debate.

People be like, "He flip flops, he is crude to women, he is a birther, he is a conspiracy nut." and I be like, "He talked about how big his dick was on national TV, that is all that needs to be known to not vote for him." He's an embarassment to this nation and to his party and is going to do long standing damage to the R brand. Republicans are essentially throwing away their chance at the presidency and picking the next supreme court member.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Not sure complaining about Trump "flipping" to "shill" mode...vs. Hillary...who has been in ..."Shill" mode the whole time...makes a difference.
    It looks like you are complaining that shit Trump is covered in is any different or worse that the shit Hillary is covered in.

They are both the same thing...one just shuts up about it and gets to fucking the "people" over....the other tells you they are going to do it before you get fucked..

I am not sure why there is any level of surprise when a candidate takes money from corporations....oh, I mean people...sorry.
    Hillary says she doesn't like the laws like citizens united but will use it to win.

Trump says he doesn't like Citizens united and won't use special interest money, wins and then does exactly what he said he wouldn't do. Kind of like how he will reveal his plans for everything once you elect him. You know, once you give him the keys to the mansion he will tell you everything you usually learn from your candidates before you vote for them.

10+ Year Old Account

Wait a minute... Hillary denying her being a shill is her being a liar and par for the course. Trump claiming to be self funded was supposed to show how different he is from the establishment. Now that he is pretty much in general elections, has switch stances on self funding and hired a former Goldman Sachs partner as his campaign finance manager, he is the same as all other politicians? The level of surprise is the differance between his rhetoric of being self funded versus Hillary being a liar, to now being the same.

Now that he is the same establishment, but without any education or experience in law or politics, with constant contradictions on policy... What makes him electable? It seems like all of the positive people claimed of Trump are disappearing the closer we get to general elections. While his negatives continue to be piled up. Other than celebrity, what makes Trump remotely electable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Hillary says she doesn't like the laws like citizens united but will use it to win.

Trump says he doesn't like Citizens united and won't use special interest money, wins and then does exactly what he said he wouldn't do. Kind of like how he will reveal his plans for everything once you elect him. You know, once you give him the keys to the mansion he will tell you everything you usually learn from your candidates before you vote for them.
    You have to pass it, to see what's in it... Is only bad when Obama is talking about ACA... It's good when Trump is talking about everything...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Because this wasn't a "vs Hillary" post. The very point is that Dump claimed he was uncoruptable as he would self-fund as opposed to Hillary and all the other republican options. that's one of the primary reasons many republican cultists voted for him and praise him like the second coming of Regan over the other republican options they had. Now he's secured his position, he can drop the facade as he knows the stupid will re-write the facts to fit their hopes and dreams of validating their choice.

He calls Hillary "Crooked Hillary" because she is funded by big corps. But now it's once again a Republican hypocritical "pot calling the kettle black." As he's at least just as crooked, if not more so, as he claims Hillary to be.

And his previous campaign promises go directly against his new paymasters.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-05-19 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

You have to pass it, to see what's in it... Is only bad when Obama is talking about ACA... It's good when Trump is talking about everything...
    I never said those were okay either. If you are trying to use those references as bad behavior but for Trump the same thing is okay then you are guilty of the hypocrisy you are trying to pin on me. I for one will call out the hypocrits regardless which party they are in and not defend them blindly because I agree with their political viewpoints.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-19 at 05:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I never said those were okay either. If you are trying to use those references as bad behavior but for Trump the same thing is okay then you are guilty of the hypocrisy you are trying to pin on me. I for one will call out the hypocrits regardless which party they are in and not defend them blindly because I agree with their political viewpoints.
    I was agreeing with you...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Kinda like "I'm voting for Hillary because she's a woman". And yes, there are some morons out there planning to vote for her for that sole reason. The beauty of our democracy, even idiots have the right to vote.
    You're right, they're both silly single issue votes. But here's the thing, not all single issue votes are created equally shitty.

The President is our primary diplomat, he's the face of the US. Trump being an asshole is very much something to be concerned about with our allies and our enemies. Hillary being a woman is... arbitrary.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    He calls Hillary "Crooked Hillary" because she is funded by big corps. But now it's once again a Republican hypocritical "pot calling the kettle black." As he's at least just as crooked, if not more so, as he claims Hillary to be.
    "Crooked Hillary" is called "Crooked" for MANY more reasons than just campaign donations. Just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Of course...

But one has to give him credit where credit is due.
    Trump also managed to make another deal. He will be fully reimbursed for every cent he spent on his primary campaign.
    He's not being reimbursed. He's profiting off of his campaign. He's just loaning his campaign money, and then charging it interest.

To be clear, I don't think it's just trump doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The anti trump media is fascist and propaganda. Trump needs to create his own news sites when he becomes president and shut down the mainstream media for being anti American.
    Ecks fucking Dee! Just when you're about to think Hooked is a real person, BOOM!

Sometimes I wonder if Trump supporters are aware that they almost universally sound like the kind of people you find on the crazy parts of the internet. The parts of the internet where people jack off to clown donkey toe fetishes.

I think I've encountered maybe one Trump supporter that didn't seem at least a little bit unhinged, and I think even that was only because our conversation was so brief.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    With this change in his policy, Deporting illegals and his trade agreement statements will now go directly against the interests of his corporate backers. He already lied to you about self-funding... Is it any surprise he has most likely lied to you about those things as well?

Maybe, and this is just a thought, but maybe the billionaire businessman is in this for himself - and not for you? Bit of a shocker to think of it that way, I know...
    will be dependent on those who back him, for example the only large donor I've heard of recently is the chap that founded Paypal, somehow doubt he gives a damn about immigration laws etc, though I do see your point nonetheless.

It's an issue that we have to weigh out for all candidates not only Trump. If say for instance Sanders actually won the Dem nomination. his speaking point of "a revolution funded by the people" would certainly hit a wall when trying to fund for the general election, money would have to be brought in from somewhere. I personally never expected Trump to personally fund his general election campaign because at the end of the day it takes a ridiculous amount of capital to operate a political campaign at that level.

His non-pc attitude is not bothersome in the least.
    hilarious, he's one of the most PC candidates in the race. not PC in the way you think of course, but in the sense that Trump hates it when people say mean things about him. ya know, with his habit of suing satire rags and comedians who make jokes about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: Trump supporters twisting themselves into pretzels trying to avoid admitting that their candidate is just as corrupt as Hillary.

I've laughed at this notion that Trump is above being bought from the very start -- and now I have proof.

Sorry guys and gals. Trump is just as awful as the rest. Only difference is until now he hasn't been a politician. Just a corrupt, sleazy, lying businessman.

Enjoy watching him become the essence of politician that you all hate so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    hilarious, he's one of the most PC candidates in the race. not PC in the way you think of course, but in the sense that Trump hates it when people say mean things about him. ya know, with his habit of suing satire rags and comedians who make jokes about him.
    That's not PC, that's just thin skinned. There is an important difference that I don't want to lose since it seems being polite is starting to be looked upon as a bad thing. I'm looking at you all you alpha/beta male nonsense spewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    That's not PC, that's just thin skinned. There is an important difference that I don't want to lose since it seems being polite is starting to be looked upon as a bad thing. I'm looking at you all you alpha/beta male nonsense spewers.
    sure, but his inability to take criticism spills over into his policy positions. he wants to change laws so that he doesn't have to hear anything negative about him. the parallels draw themselves.