Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Rubbish.
    Other collections have requirements on first adding to the collection, such as reputation, faction, profession etc and some of those items keep various requirements even once in the collection.
    They are account-wide as much as the Wardrobe is.
    Account-wide does not mean equally usable on every character freely.
    You can't possibly draw one single rule. In this game there is no consistency anymore. That's the problem, imo.
    My level 1 char can use the insane title, my level 20 noobie char rides Invincible.
    My level 90 char in mop couldn't ride the serpents that my level 90 shaman main has unlocked from serpent riders (it has been changed when the content became obsolete). But still was able to ride the shado pan tigers. My alt can't use a stupid Draenor toy from the tanaan factions, but she can use various profession related items she has no idea about (archaeology items), and old reputation items that became toys with the toybox.
    I bought pets from factions when mop added pet battles. All my character can pull out any pets.
    I can use Salyin Battle banner anywhere. In Legion it's restricted to Pandaria, among many other cool items.

Now, try to draw ONE rule from this mess please.
    My observation on this: old items that are no relevant anymore (but subject to somekind of revamp like pets or toybox) usually get added into the shared pot retrospectively. Current items have restrictions. Now. Old quest rewards fall into the obsolete category imo, and thus, should be added into the shared pot.
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-19 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Now, try to draw ONE rule from this mess please.
    My observation on this: old items that are no relevant anymore (but subject to somekind of revamp like pets or toybox) usually get added into the shared pot retrospectively. Current items have restrictions. Now. Old quest rewards fall into the obsolete category imo, and thus, should be added into the shared pot.
    To be honest the rule is closer to 'over time, restrictions get lifted on a case by case basis'.

Which is actually consistent to what they've said in the past. They try a thing and keep it pretty controlled, then open it up as time goes on (achievements, flying, heirlooms, etc).

The items themselves are old, yes, but the wardrobe system is new.

Again, not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    To be honest the rule is closer to 'over time, restrictions get lifted on a case by case basis'.

Which is actually consistent to what they've said in the past. They try a thing and keep it pretty controlled, then open it up as time goes on (achievements, flying, heirlooms, etc).

The items themselves are old, yes, but the wardrobe system is new.

Again, not surprising.
    Were the reputation pets case by case? I could summon my Tiny Sporebat from day one in mop on my low level alt. I could use Leraya's locket (or Mylune's Call, whichever the reputation item is, I always mix these) from day one the toy box was added on all of my chars (level 85+). The toy box was new, pet battles were new, the items in it were old. Wardrobe is new, (quest) items in it are old.
    I remember rolling a level 1 on a low pop realm when they've added the Blazing Wings to DMF, despite it has a level 85 use restriction, you could ADD it to the toybox on a level 1 char..................................
    Last edited by Lei; 2016-05-19 at 07:03 PM.

I'm not really getting these restrictions. Plate wearers will still only be able to transmog plate and cloth wearers will still only be able to transmog cloth.

GW2 has had a system like this in place for years now, you can unlock the heavy armor skins on your light armor wearers and it has zero impact on anything, it just binds it to that character/account.

This just seems kinda unnecessary.

Do hope they change their minds on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    I'm not really getting these restrictions. Plate wearers will still only be able to transmog plate and cloth wearers will still only be able to transmog cloth.

GW2 has had a system like this in place for years now, you can unlock the heavy armor skins on your light armor wearers and it has zero impact on anything, it just binds it to that character/account.

This just seems kinda unnecessary.

Do hope they change their minds on it.
    Forced grinds and time sinks. This is usually an indication content is going to be lacking.

Were the reputation pets case by case? I could summon my Tiny Sporebat from day one in mop on my low level alt. I could use Leraya's locket (or Mylune's Call, whichever the reputation item is, I always mix these) from day one the toy box was added on all of my chars (level 85+). The toy box was new, pet battles were new, the items in it were old. Wardrobe is new, (quest) items in it are old.
    I remember rolling a level 1 on a low pop realm when they've added the Blazing Wings to DMF, despite it has a level 85 use restriction, you could ADD it to the toybox on a level 1 char..................................
    I'm not sure if you realize using the toy box is a ridiculous example given it's a perfect example of them going case by case and lowering restrictions overtime. Surely you can see that allowing everything and having to take away is FAR FAR worse than slowly releasing restrictions in terms of player expectation. Look at flying. They gave it out, and then they wished they hadn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Were the reputation pets case by case? I could summon my Tiny Sporebat from day one in mop on my low level alt.

Uh. Yea, actually. Pets used to be an item that each individual character had to carry.

'From day one in Mop' ain't 'day one'. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What shit?
    You do content on a leather-wearer, you unlock transmogs for leather-wearers.
    How the fuck is that a problem?

"Boohoo, my Warrior doesn't unlock Warlock-gear."
    Is that really so hard to believe?
    The majority of the complaints in this thread relate to quest rewards that were removed prior to Transmog even being announced. It's a problem because there is no way to get those item appearances for the Wardrobe unless you just so happened to do those removed quests on the correct combination of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Forced grinds and time sinks. This is usually an indication content is going to be lacking.
    A 100% cosmetic and optional system is now a 'forced grind'.

*slow clap*

What a absolute whining post.

I'm actually glad it doesn't work like that dude suggests, geez, that'd just be silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurfel View Post
    The majority of the complaints in this thread relate to quest rewards that were removed prior to Transmog even being announced. It's a problem because there is no way to get those item appearances for the Wardrobe unless you just so happened to do those removed quests on the correct combination of characters.
    Is that a problem though, or is it a minor inconvenience?

This is a fucking joke of an argument

*slow clap*
    Yes, forced as compared to what they initially said how the system would work. Blizzard lies, and people don't care. Nothing new. It's the defenders here who are responsible for things like WoD. Players get what they deserve.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

*slow clap*
    But remember...it wasn't a 'forced grind' until they made it easier for people to do in the first place. It's somehow not a forced grind now, where you have to maintain all items with physical inventory space on the characters that actually want to use it. But give it a spiffy UI, make it account bound, and suddenly you are required to have all of the clothes ever made.

Curse Blizzard for improving it to where I am interested, but ultimately angry because I can't just log on and have all the clothes without playing the game.
    BAD WOLF

Is that a problem though, or is it a minor inconvenience?
    If the items are no longer obtainable through any means, and you can't get them simply because you did those quests on one of the "wrong" classes? A problem.

The lead systems designer for rewards said that they'd be "Looking into" ways to obtain them, but who knows how long that could be when it comes to Blizzard.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    They should solve this issue by having an NPC you can talk to, give him an item you can not equip, the item is consumed but added to your transmog storage. Problem solved with exploiting.
    This sounds like a lovely idea. I think I've seen something similar mentioned before in the thread, but I'd be all for it. If I, as a roleplayer, have dozens of pieces of non-Plate gear on my Warrior that I'd like to add to the Wardrobe/Transmog collection, I would be willing to pay a small fee for each item to do it. As it stands, all those pieces will just remain in my inventory/void storage/bank.

15+ Year Old Account
    ^As someone who has Insane, farms mounts, and is trying to level about 46 characters at once right now without multiboxing (lol give or take - I got them all to 50 last weekend!), let me give you some advice:

The point of collection is not to have the collection. What's the point of having every single piece of armor in the game at your fingertips? You'll never use it all. Some of it is butt-ugly. Some of it is an armor class you don't even play regularly.

The fun is in the pursuit. The weird things you have to do to get it. The satisfaction of snagging something that most people consider out of Reach.

If you're not having fun, the collection is meaningless.

Even if Blizzard changes the rules, I suspect they are not going to pat you on the back and say 'oh! our mistake! here's everything!'. You are going to have a grind ahead of you one way or another.

If you don't like grinding, don't make yourself do it. You'll just get bitter.
    I completely understand. I see people get so bent out of shape trying to achieve some grind for an achievement week after week. I'd much rather work on PVP one week. Mounts the next. Achievements, reputation and work in a cycle. Unfortunately during the time it takes to fly to xyz location to work on something I get distracted half the time by something else. Flying to Ulduar through Dragonblight...oh I'm missing a pet from Naxx.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    If the items are no longer obtainable through any means, and you can't get them simply because you did those quests on one of the "wrong" classes? A problem.
    tbh I found it pretty shocking they were letting you have any of those items at all, given their previous stance on things that have been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    The lead systems designer for rewards said that they'd be "Looking into" ways to obtain them, but who knows how long that could be when it comes to Blizzard.
    Yep the person I was responding to got snotty when I said the same thing to him on the last page *shrug*

To be fair, should you expect a company named Blizzard to move faster than a glacial pace?

10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard is creating a system that's a gigantic, game-changing (for those who care about transmog) improvement over the existing system, and yet some people have convinced themselves that this is actually a nerf because it's a bit worse than how the initial comments about it led them to believe it would work.

You're making an excellent argument that Blizzard should never talk about any game changes ahead of time. If the wardrobe system had gone in unannounced, everyone complaining would have been stunned and thrilled. Instead, when it goes in, they'll gripe, "But it's not quite as good/convenient as the version discussed at Blizzcon. Blizzard is the worst."
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, forced as compared to what they initially said how the system would work. Blizzard lies, and people don't care. Nothing new. It's the defenders here who are responsible for things like WoD. Players get what they deserve.
    No. The initial announcement video covers this all to a T. People failed to listen to the entire panel and jumped to conclusions.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222