Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    You know you can buy the stones from the Pokeathalon right?
    Hahahahaha the items you can buy there change each day. Also I'm assuming the words "nat. dex" on these rewards means they aren't even available until you clear a certain amount of the game. Like the items I actually need, right now. What a dumbass feature. Kinda like pokemon appearing in grass during the day or night. Was this game created with the intent that you never stop playing?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-05-19 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Hahahahaha the items you can buy there change each day. Also I'm assuming the words "nat. dex" on these rewards means they aren't even available until you clear a certain amount of the game. Like the items I actually need, right now. What a dumbass feature. Kinda like pokemon appearing in grass during the day or night. Was this game created with the intent that you never stop playing?
    Jesus, I have rarely seen a more whinier post in this thread. Let's clear up first what item do you actually "need" right now. If it's not Moon/Fire/Water/Leaf Stone then ok, Pokeathlon won't lead to anywhere but the Bug catching contest still will. And if you want that stuff RIGHT NOW, then just bloody change up the date on your 3DS so it matches whatever you need in game. Not really a big issue

Not to mention that being underleveled is completely fine cos type advantages are a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    And if you want that stuff RIGHT NOW, then just bloody change up the date on your 3DS so it matches whatever you need in game. Not really a big issue
    I remember abusing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Jesus, I have rarely seen a more whinier post in this thread. Let's clear up first what item do you actually "need" right now. If it's not Moon/Fire/Water/Leaf Stone then ok, Pokeathlon won't lead to anywhere but the Bug catching contest still will. And if you want that stuff RIGHT NOW, then just bloody change up the date on your 3DS so it matches whatever you need in game. Not really a big issue

Not to mention that being underleveled is completely fine cos type advantages are a thing...
    Shiny stones not available through bug catching. Also, dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shiny stones not available through bug catching. Also, dragons.
    Well sadly you're stuck with Togetic then, who isn't gonna help you with the dragon gym but someone surely has access to one of Ice Beam/Blizzard/Avalanche. All three available to you at this point in the game. Although Ice Beam would be a pain to get cos it's a game corner item until you can get to Seafoam Islands

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at what Claire's got again, Togetic should be able to wreck her Gyarados with Shock Wave and at least deal some damage to Kingdra. In general someone with with strong Electric attacks will help greatly. What's the full team you're using?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get Shock Wave until you beat Lt. Surge.

I have a Magneton, but Spark/thundershock still takes three shots to kill Gyarados, because of levels. Feraligatr has Ice Fang, which is how I made it through the gym. But even being the highest level I have, it's still too weak. I had to play the "attack, heal" game the whole time, and that doesn't factor in getting paralyzed. Onix has DragonBreath (I don't know WHY), but special attacks destroy him, and he's too slow and low-level to even get one shot off. Weepinbell at this point is an HM slave and sleep machine. Pidgeotto is pretty much useless here.

Oh yeah, Feraligator has three HM's and Ice Fang, because seriously, what is wrong with limiting the amount of HM's?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't get Shock Wave until you beat Lt. Surge.

I have a Magneton, but Spark/thundershock still takes three shots to kill Gyarados, because of levels. Feraligatr has Ice Fang, which is how I made it through the gym. But even being the highest level I have, it's still too weak. I had to play the "attack, heal" game the whole time, and that doesn't factor in getting paralyzed. Onix has DragonBreath (I don't know WHY), but special attacks destroy him, and he's too slow and low-level to even get one shot off. Weepinbell at this point is an HM slave and sleep machine. Pidgeotto is pretty much useless here.

Oh yeah, Feraligator has three HM's and Ice Fang, because seriously, what is wrong with limiting the amount of HM's?
    Magneton takes 3 hits to kill Gyarados even though 4x weakness is a thing? Makes me wonder wtf you have been doing all this time. How can all your mons be this low level? I would guess a big problem is that you tried to level too many pokemon. 6 mons in your team right now and Togetic I assume was leveled up a bit as well until you decided to ditch it.

I think you can get your Feraligatr fixed now in Blackthorn City. The move forgetting dude should be there iirc. If your Gator is slower than Claire's mons, which it probably is, then Avalanche is much stronger than Ice Fang as it's power is doubled if the user gets hit before using it.

@Pendulous

What;s your team so far, levels and all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bergmite weighs 100 KG, and Avalugg weighs 505 Kilograms.

Just wow.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    @Pendulous

What;s your team so far, levels and all?
    38 Feraligatr
    35 Pidgeotto
    33 Weepinbell (I swear it never gets a chance to fight anything it's strong against)
    34 Magneton
    34 Onix
    36 Togetic

The best things I have in storage are a 27 Skarmory and the super special awesome red gyarados. Looking at the map, the only place I haven't been is Dark Cave, which has no trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Bergmite weighs 100 KG, and Avalugg weighs 505 Kilograms.

Just wow.
    And then add Bonnie's 30-50 kg (plus however much her Slurpuff suit weighs) to Avalugg's weight.

Also, Bonnie, you're giving me cavities.

10+ Year Old Account
    38 Feraligatr
    35 Pidgeotto
    33 Weepinbell (I swear it never gets a chance to fight anything it's strong against)
    34 Magneton
    34 Onix
    36 Togetic

The best things I have in storage are a 27 Skarmory and the super special awesome red gyarados. Looking at the map, the only place I haven't been is Dark Cave, which has no trainers.
    Try slapping Thunder on Magneton and Avalanche on Gator, see how that works for you. Don't use Spark on Magneton, his Attack is way worse than Sp. Attack. If you are willing to grind out the coins I would rather get Thunderbolt than Thunder, but same as Ice Beam it's a Game Corner item for now. At least you'll get Discharge at level 40, a nice 80 BP special move.

15+ Year Old Account
    NA, the shiny bacon bird Yveltal is now available.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stopped playing for a bit after I won the 8th badge:
    - Robin (f), red Gyarados, lvl 41
    - Curtis (m), Nidoking, lvl 41
    - Megg (f), Exeggcute, lvl 40
    - Milo (m), Typhlosion, lvl 40
    - Kali (f), Fearow, lvl 40
    - Bill (m), Togepi, lvl 1 (Why are you in my party, Bill? Why?)

I grinded a bit between Chuck and Jasmine and between Pryce and Clair to get them up to par with the leader's levels.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    There will come a time when you desperately need a free switch/a heal. Is is then that Bill's purpose will be revealed:

To sacrifice himself for the greater good, to give you that switch, to give you the opportunity to heal up, to ensure victory.

He will be remembered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Usually I prefer a certain level of randomization on my Nuzlockes. I like the unpredictability of it. I have yet to beat a Platinum or Soul Silver Nuzlocke using randomization. In fairness, I also randomize moves, so sometimes I'm wrecked out of nowhere (RIP my Regirock in Platinum before even the first badge), but I feel like a vanilla Nuzlocke doesn't get nearly as dangerous. There's also that in-between level that Shady and Nappy do for their Soul Links, but I usually do the whole move thing.
    Shameless plug time yet again.

HeartGold randomized nuzlocke Part 1 (Johto)
    HeartGold randomized nuzlocke Part 2 (Kanto)
    Platinum randomized Magikarp solo run
    Last edited by mmocf89e9482f3; 2016-05-20 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    38 Feraligatr
    35 Pidgeotto
    34 Magneton
    34 Onix
    36 Togetic

You could always try with some tactics;
    Thunder wave/stun powder (Magneton, weepinbell)+some Sand Attacks (Pidgeotto) to the face work wonders.

Game Corner moves would be great as well; since the voltorb switch is not really strictly gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Game Corner moves would be great as well; since the voltorb switch is not really strictly gambling.
    So easy to abuse, my early Dratini <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent hours grinding and barely won. BARELY. Gatr and Magneton are the only two over 40 still. I used Spikes with Skarmory, but that doesn't help when Kingdra heals three times (two trainer potions and sitrus berry)

Game Corner doesn't feel worth it, move-wise. I don't have a fire-type for Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt is about even with Discharge. Ten more damage, but Discharge paralyzes more often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    So easy to abuse, my early Dratini <3
    Did the same back in the day; with lots of resetting to get it as adamant-nature.