Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    I'd actually like Nemesis to change to be a 5 sec duration proc on roughly 6 rppm. That competes with Momentum better in my mind, regardless of numbers tuning.
    on AA? That could be pretty interesting, and allow it to line up with all burst, not just whatever half you did while it was up in that 2min window.

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Hmmm, i'd like Nemesis to go back up to a 2 minute duration, but I also would like it to stick at 15% or around there, especially if we're gonna talk about adding Pandemic to Momentum which would essentially be a buff to it, which is the last thing Momentum needs (a buff, not necessarily Pandemic <- that's fine).

Blizz has already stated they are actively working towards abolishing animation cancelling, and Celestalon specifically said to try it again this build to see if it's still possible since they think they may have solved that.

Agree with buffing lesser fragments. 50% of what a regular fragment gives seems pretty fair to me.

I like your Bloodlet buff idea there; i'm curious though if that would be enough, but i'll let smarter people figure that out.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's how you got Alpha i'd be so mad.

I'll fite u IRL. I wear flannel and have a big bushy beard, i can totally take you with my pseudo lumberjack shenanigans.

How on earthly fuck could i forget about Demon Reborn? Jeebus, they need to either cure or cut that tumor out already.
    U WOT M8? ILL FECKIN DECK U I SWEAR ON ME MUM

On topic: I really want to see other solid build options outside of Momentum. For the good of the spec, and its appeal to players. I don't think there's much chance of Demon Hunters ending up like the abandoned haunted mansion that Monks are now, but you can't be sure I suppose.

While I'm aware this idea won't happen since we're already in Beta, a cool idea would be to integrate a mechanic that knocks a second or two off the CD of Meta with autoattacks, similar to how Illidan plays in HotS. They already have adapted several similarities with him, and arguably the coolest thing about him is that CD reduction from his autoattacks. Perhaps tune it so it ends up bringing the cooldown around 2 minutes with good autoattack uptime, or closer to 3-4 for less adept and on-point play.

Pipe dreams, and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    I'd actually like Nemesis to change to be a 5 sec duration proc on roughly 6 rppm. That competes with Momentum better in my mind, regardless of numbers tuning.
    Yes please... I just hope they get rid of Momentum's lead role at both aoe and st. It really bothers me to be forced to use my movement skills to maintain a buff instead, ya know, actually using them to move out of things in less time that not so mobile classes have to invest.

It seems so wrong in my mind it's almost hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Demon View Post
    Yes please... I just hope they get rid of Momentum's lead role at both aoe and st. It really bothers me to be forced to use my movement skills to maintain a buff instead, ya know, actually using them to move out of things in less time that not so mobile classes have to invest.

It seems so wrong in my mind it's almost hurting.
    I agree. They could do something with Chaos Blades to make it more appealing, like give it a passive autoattack speed increase, so that it could synergize with Demon Blades.

Hopeful changes for DHs still:

Throw Glaive number of targets hit increased drastically

Or

Bloodlet changed to an AoE ability rather than dot on targets hit by TG.

Pandemic added to Momentum.

Animation canceling 100% broken.

Talents made accessible at 100 rather than staggered.

The slow on Spectral Sight removed. Made sense when there wasn't really any down time but with a longer CD makes the ability more annoying than useful.

Inner Demon reworked to be much higher damage but only ST.

Fel Barrage recharge increased.

Netherwalk changed to either add the talent and keep blur or be allowed to attack while it's up. Losing Soul Rending is a big enough nerf that making yourself unable to attack is bonkers.

Demonic Appetite returned to it's previous iteration. Both having the 30% heal from the soul as well as work with Feast on the Souls.

As for the Momentum/Nemesis thing I'm 90% fine with how it works. If you wanna play casual and don't really care or need to pull amazing numbers then go Nemesis. But if you wanna work for it and actually be a higher skilled player than the payoff of Momentum should be worth it. If they're close enough in damage then Nemesis will for all intents and purposes and be the go to since realistically in real time game play you will make mistakes with Momentum and if you need perfect game play to make it better then Nemesis will be a stronger choice which is kinda bonkers. But, this is also kinda shitty for cases (Tyrant) where using Momentum would be a huge risk that when forced to not use it makes DHs very undesirable for that fight.

And cause I'm salty: fix the damn lag on Beta that makes using Fel Rush risky as hell. I'm tired of launching myself off a mountain 200 yards away...

Also Demon Reborn needs to be changed. The way it currently is will either create a niche situation that can be abused and become OP and complained about or it will be the dumbest talent that no one ever uses. If it really does reset all the CDs then in pvp going Bloodlet/MotG and Fel Barrage would be silly. Get 4 TGs and 2 5 stacks of Fel Barrage would be bursty AF. Don't think it works like that though so it's a stupid talent.

Hmmm, i'd like Nemesis to go back up to a 2 minute duration, but I also would like it to stick at 15% or around there, especially if we're gonna talk about adding Pandemic to Momentum which would essentially be a buff to it, which is the last thing Momentum needs (a buff, not necessarily Pandemic <- that's fine).

Blizz has already stated they are actively working towards abolishing animation cancelling, and Celestalon specifically said to try it again this build to see if it's still possible since they think they may have solved that.

Agree with buffing lesser fragments. 50% of what a regular fragment gives seems pretty fair to me.

I like your Bloodlet buff idea there; i'm curious though if that would be enough, but i'll let smarter people figure that out.
    300% was something I just pulled out of my arse really. Back when it was 400% for a limited time it was way to powerful, and I think 300% on all targets would still be too much. Also using bloodlet with demonic can be tricky to time, as you dont want to be wasting the GCD's on throw glaive during demonic uptime but also can't afford for the bleed to fall off. Adds a bit more skill to it all.

Pandemic on momentum was really more aimed at people like myself, who prefer the idea of VR followed by a FR in tandem. Currently you're just wasting a whole momentum buff by doing that, at least with pandemic function this gets lessened - though it does increase the amount of burst damage you can deal out in the longer window which could be problematic.

Deleted
    pretty sure we'll be getting a momentum nerf. hopefully some positive numbers tuning aswell.

would love for them to buff our golden arti traits. on raidlogs they hardly contributed to any sort of significant damage.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    U WOT M8? ILL FECKIN DECK U I SWEAR ON ME MUM

On topic: I really want to see other solid build options outside of Momentum. For the good of the spec, and its appeal to players. I don't think there's much chance of Demon Hunters ending up like the abandoned haunted mansion that Monks are now, but you can't be sure I suppose.

While I'm aware this idea won't happen since we're already in Beta, a cool idea would be to integrate a mechanic that knocks a second or two off the CD of Meta with autoattacks, similar to how Illidan plays in HotS. They already have adapted several similarities with him, and arguably the coolest thing about him is that CD reduction from his autoattacks. Perhaps tune it so it ends up bringing the cooldown around 2 minutes with good autoattack uptime, or closer to 3-4 for less adept and on-point play.

Pipe dreams, and all that.
    Maybe a "every 3rd attack" or something so that it isn't too (potentially) OP? I could get with that.

I personally am going with a pseudo Fel Spellcaster like build with an inclination towards soul fragment consumption (super RP'ish fun tiiiiiiimes).

My personal build is (last i looked at least) DA > FE > Felblade > Soul Rending > Nemesis > Unleashed Power > Fel Barrage.

Obviously that isn't what is currently the most optimal setup, but it *looks* the most fun to me at least; i'll worry about "optimal" when i need to do a dungeon or something :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    Pandemic on momentum was really more aimed at people like myself, who prefer the idea of VR followed by a FR in tandem. Currently you're just wasting a whole momentum buff by doing that, at least with pandemic function this gets lessened - though it does increase the amount of burst damage you can deal out in the longer window which could be problematic.
    Yo dawg, I think i said even today that i like the idea of VR and FR being used in tandem would be the ideal route for me. So folks like you and I, yeah I would fucking dig that.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

What do you think it should proc off of if it were to change to that?
    Obviously chaos strike, not enough tied to that yet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Obviously chaos strike, not enough tied to that yet!
    You've fuckin' NAILED it. Chaos Strike MUST have more!

New build wishlist:

Felblade has two charges.
    Bloodlet changed to Chaos damage
    MotG gives autoattacks the ability to build a charge
    Lesser Fragments give 12.5% hp when consumed.

Also, is the DH interrupt still on the GCD? Someone posted here that it was. If so, add getting it off the GCD to the above list.

Offtopic - WoWhead is showing Soul Carver as a Havoc ability as well as a Vengeance one. This is currently not the case correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    New build wishlist:

Felblade has two charges.
    Bloodlet changed to Chaos damage
    MotG gives autoattacks the ability to build a charge
    Lesser Fragments give 12.5% hp when consumed.

Also, is the DH interrupt still on the GCD? Someone posted here that it was. If so, add getting it off the GCD to the above list.

Offtopic - WoWhead is showing Soul Carver as a Havoc ability as well as a Vengeance one. This is currently not the case correct?
    Pretty sure that's Vengeance's artifact ability, you can find Fury of the Illidari in Vengeance's spellbook there too, so probably just an error on WoWHead's end.

You've fuckin' NAILED it. Chaos Strike MUST have more!
    You know what? Change demonic to proc off chaos strike. Fel Mastery? Chaos strike! Demon Blades? CHAOS STRIKE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    You know what? Change demonic to proc off chaos strike. Fel Mastery? Chaos strike! Demon Blades? CHAOS STRIKE!
    First Blood: Now with MORE CHAOS STRIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It is most certainly not on the GCD, my good sir.

The Darkness ability is going to be nice for raids, damage reduction utility. I just returned back on the DH since beta came out the play style overall is fast and has a lot of appeal to it.

Also Great video and explanation of the class.

Pretty sure that's Vengeance's artifact ability, you can find Fury of the Illidari in Vengeance's spellbook there too, so probably just an error on WoWHead's end.
    Wowhead is is really really really glitchy with DH stuff. Half the time I can't even find stuff when I look for it there.

I really like throw glaive. I hope they buff it (via talents or whatnot) because I'd like to play with it (and the legendary).

Also, talented blade dance is in the rotation in ST right ? or am i doing it all wrong ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Beta servers are back up. Launcher is patching right now. Almost a 3GB patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    Beta servers are back up. Launcher is patching right now. Almost a 3GB patch.
    mmh i can't log in

Homophobia is so gay.