Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    lol best comment ever.

Rogue is a way of life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Rogues: Can use stealth, pickpocket. Can pick locks. Are fast and clever. Famous rogues: Garona, Edwyn VanCleef, Vanessa VanCleef, Mathias Shaw, Brann Bronzebeard

Demon Hunter: Basically rogues but only weaker. Can't see anything because they lose their eye sight. Even the Zandalari were better. No class lore at all. According to beta tester the gameplay sucks. Famous demon hunters: Darion Mograine, The Zandalari Trolls.

Rogue will continue to be my main.

I will /spit every Demon Hunter I come across.
    ... Famous Demon Hunters are: Illidan.

Judging from my fav hero from Warcraft 3 and amount of time i've spent in HOTS playing Illidan there is only one choice. Demon Hunter

Btw i wish they would introduce the Druid reskin for demon Hunter to mimic the Druid skin from HOTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Stuff
    I'll have you know the zandalari trolls are formidable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Demon Hunter is probably going to be stupid strong in Legion just like Deathknights in Wrath so they're probably the safest I would imagine.
    Or they won't ... like ww monk at the start of MoP, and if they are WAY op there's a good chance they will be nerf like ww in Hm.

If you want to only dps and have the time to play a bit more to have 2 strong set and learn more than 1 spec pure class are ALWAYS the best choice for dps because they are so flexible. Rogue will probably end up with one spec being strong for AoE and one being strong for ST, like mage and like locks, DH might be strong in AoE or ST but it's rare for a single spec to perform in top 5 for ST, Cleave and AoE tho it's not rare for pure classe to be in that situation, look at WoD:
    3 pure are in top 3 ST dmg with arcane mage, sub rogue, afli lock.
    4 pure are strong in 2-3 target cleave, combat rogue, frost mage, destro locks, marks hunter
    4 pure are strong in big AoE , combat rogue, fire mage, destro/demo locks, Bm hunter

it's always been like that, it's not rare for a raid to have 2-3 rogue, 2-3 mage, 2-3 hunter, or 2-3 locks, but you never see a raid with 2-3 feral druid or 2-3 ww monk.

DH bring the flex of tanking witch is great if you want to Q faster for dungeon or if your raid team needs an extra tank sometime, but saying DH will be op and is the best choice for dps is not well informed seeing the history of the game and how OP stuff (specialy hybrid) get nerfed fast.

Don't get me wrong, raid still get ret pally ww monk feral and probably DH, DH will probably have some dps niche where it will do well and some nice raid CD but if you want to dps all the expac and if you want a good chance of toping meter on more than the one or two fight that fit perfectly for your dps niche, rolling with a pure like rogue is probably a better choice than rolling with a DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Don't get me wrong, raid still get ret pally ww monk feral and probably DH, DH will probably have some dps niche where it will do well and some nice raid CD but if you want to dps all the expac and if you want a good chance of toping meter on more than the one or two fight that fit perfectly for your dps niche, rolling with a pure like rogue is probably a better choice than rolling with a DH.
    Don't see why DH should fulfill a ''niche'' dps role, I've been consistently first or second in dungeon runs on Beta ( yes beta is beta and tuning is tuning )
    But a lot of your post seems based on the old knowledge of specs, sure sub was king of single target during WoD but the spec got massively remade, as did all specs so throwing old rankings of dps kings is a bit out of date with every spec changing + numbers being once again tuned for a new Xpac.

And like ever a lot will depend on team comp, what type of guild you are in ( world top 50 or not ) and if you are ''diehard mythic who needs 3 other alts for when he needs to swap from his raid leader '' or not, if none of this applies to you then the ''order'' of pure or non pure dps won't effect you much.

Could very well be after beta tuning is done that fury warriors rape your bum till a balance patch comes out, although they are not pure dpsers.
    Too early to rank classes vs classes and pure vs non pure specs, but I don't see why its impossible for DH to top both ST and AOE unless they really go and gut Meta or something before release.

Sure you could get clobbed with the hammer harder then other classes cause you are tied to 1 dps spec instead of 3, but I mained rogue since Wrath and even when sub was king I refused to spec it cause the playstyle could die in a hole ( and I wasn't in a top 100 world mythic guild so kills kept coming slowly anyway, sub or not sub )

DH are dominating right now in PVE.

Unless they overbuff Sub it is no contest right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Don't see why DH should fulfill a ''niche'' dps role, I've been consistently first or second in dungeon runs on Beta ( yes beta is beta and tuning is tuning )
    But a lot of your post seems based on the old knowledge of specs, sure sub was king of single target during WoD but the spec got massively remade, as did all specs so throwing old rankings of dps kings is a bit out of date with every spec changing + numbers being once again tuned for a new Xpac.

And like ever a lot will depend on team comp, what type of guild you are in ( world top 50 or not ) and if you are ''diehard mythic who needs 3 other alts for when he needs to swap from his raid leader '' or not, if none of this applies to you then the ''order'' of pure or non pure dps won't effect you much.

Could very well be after beta tuning is done that fury warriors rape your bum till a balance patch comes out, although they are not pure dpsers.
    Too early to rank classes vs classes and pure vs non pure specs, but I don't see why its impossible for DH to top both ST and AOE unless they really go and gut Meta or something before release.

Sure you could get clobbed with the hammer harder then other classes cause you are tied to 1 dps spec instead of 3, but I mained rogue since Wrath and even when sub was king I refused to spec it cause the playstyle could die in a hole ( and I wasn't in a top 100 world mythic guild so kills kept coming slowly anyway, sub or not sub )
    I'm not saying thing will stay as they are in WoD and that sub will be top ST or combat top AoE, what im saying is pure class tend to be more flexible in raid cause they can change their specs depending on the encounter type, i'm also not saying rogue will be top dps or anything like this.

my point is that it's pretty rare for a single spec to be performing really well or top on all encounter type without being nerfed ( ww monk in Hm, demo locks in BrF).

In the end DH might be the best choice for many people, what im saying is If you're ready to learn 2-3 spec and level 2-3 artefact, you have a good chance of performing well with rogue on more fight than with DH. It's also a play style choice, I'm not in a top guild, but i enjoy min-maxing on every fight and feeling rewarded for it, i'm also not looking to tank or heal, with rogue i can do that as i can switch betwen 3 spec depending on what i want to do best, somthing that i would probably not be able to do with DH, than again people are free to do whatever they want, I'm just bringing my personal reasoning behind chosing a pure over an hybrid, somthing that might or might not help OP chose, in the end many people love playing hybride and I'm no one to say they are making the wrong choice, many people are looking for many thing different in the same game.

Deleted
    Demon Hunters literally could have a singular button that read: "MASH FOR TOP DEEPS" and I'd main one.
    I loved those bastards ever since Warcraft 3, and now I can finally make one in WoW.

I am beyond excited.

7+ Year Old Account
    And here the discussion goes off the tracks again.

No, DH won't replace Rogue.

Demon Hunters have mostly mobility, DPS and spectral sight going for them, it should also be noted how it's restricted to 2 races so you can't utilize racials with the DH class.

Rogues on the other hand still retain their versatility and have a fairly comparable DPS to DHs, but instead of the DHs mobility rogues have massively useful utilities on them which have more flexible benefits than the DHs simple playstyle. Rogues have a greater contribution value in raids and dungeons compared to the DH spec Havoc, their Vengeance spec however is a very useful for tanking which is something the rogue lacks however.

It's like comparing Vanilla with Chocolate, they can be used for the same things but also things that the other can't be. And of course people have their tastes as to which they'd prefer.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Demon Hunter is a class literally made as eyecandy for all the xxillìdanxx kids

Both specs are incredibly simple, incredibly dull, and just full of edgy teenager eyecandy.

Lasers, shiny abilities, double jump and anime dashes.

Disgust and disdain for anyone who will play them unironically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post

Both specs are incredibly simple, incredibly dull, and just full of edgy teenager eyecandy.

Wait seriously?
    The demon hunter has always been like this and I'm pretty sure that back when it was made, Blizzard didn't focus on the adolescent demographic or emos. Your argument is, sincerely, ridiculous.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

I really didn't like the over simplification for assassination, and depending on how fun outlaw is, I may main a DH if the class proves to be fun. If not there is always MAGE! :P

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe most people care what you think when they are rolling a new toon.

Deleted

Even if it is ? what is wrong with it ? Like you could call literally any class a eyecandy for XYZ. Mage is an eyecandy for D&D Mages and Rogue is eyecandy for pirates and sneaky mac sneaks...

You are on DH hate bandwagon but to be fair nobody forces you to play one,you just show you envy one but fear to roll it as a main.

I have been playing rogue for years, and I am going Demon Hunter. From what I have seen by playing alpha/beta, all three rogue specs are pretty boring to play. Maybe that's just because I have always played rogue and I expected more from the changes? But I just love the way you can build Demon Hunters. I love how fast paced the game play is and visually they're amazing.

"There has only ever been, only ever will be... one Azshara."
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nring/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningBurns View Post
    I have been playing rogue for years, and I am going Demon Hunter. From what I have seen by playing alpha/beta, all three rogue specs are pretty boring to play. Maybe that's just because I have always played rogue and I expected more from the changes? But I just love the way you can build Demon Hunters. I love how fast paced the game play is and visually they're amazing.
    This post actually surprised me a lot. So you have been playing both a dh and a rogue at max level in beta like me. And you prefer the dh havoc spec?

There are basicly two specs right now for havoc. One of them is extremely annoying to play half the time and the other one is simpler then the new BM rotation. It has mobility, yes sure. But so do ww monk. I have played the momentum build for a while now and I absolutely hate it. Like half the dungeon bosses are made in a way so you either charge into something bad or can't charge at all. Plus for the spec to be good you have to utilise some dodgy mechanics that blizzard is trying to change all the time.

I can in no way see myself charging and leaping around like that in a raid environment for an entire expansion.

Combat is relatively simply but both assassination and sub are on pair with the momentum build. Sub is more complex. The hard part about momentum is just not wrecking your keyboard every time you have to ask a warlock for a summon because that boss isn't really doable as momentum

I think rogue is my least liked class to play. I'll still level mine in legion for the extra prof's and lore but it'll probably be one of the last. DH will probably be one of my first, cause, double jump.