Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Can't really post on forums when you're banned, but I guess you already knew that and I'm just failing to pick up on sarcasm?
    yea I was gonna say this >.< LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Sorry, I meant that's what I wish the system would be.
    agreed

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    ^ Some good points.

Blizz could also wipe all titles, achieves, gold, and everything in their bank & bags on any toons associated with a banned acct. - and ban their credit cards. Let's see how many new CC numbers they can keep getting. And they should be doing it a helluva lot more than once a year.

It wouldn't stop them completely but it would make life more miserable to keep botting, scripting.
    Why? Most of the bots are better than the AFK kings who just stand there and press a button every now and again. I think botting is a good thing, especially when it comes to the economy because it keeps prices lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I wish the 2nd time offenders were perma banned and not 18 months. Maybe 1st offense should be a year. I don't know. All I know is that it isn't doing enough to combat the rampant cheating from some of the playerbase.

The 6 month ban is perfect if you think about it, they have to buy the game and legion before there ban is done. Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    What information? 6 month, 18 month, etc if you're caught botting. I've had 3 idiots in my guild banned for botting. Another just got sniped today because he ran honor buddy 2 months ago for a weekend. He's not coming back until his ban is removed. Most players don't have multiple accounts.
    When you said "most people don't come back after 1.5 year bans" I figure its actually the opposite. Seems like people come back and bot again or just come back with a lesson learned but I'm not sure, either could be right but I do see plenty of the same people coming back after long bans to bot again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    No shit? It's only their wow services.
    With everything else I was referring to pets, achievements and mounts which are still accessible. That hardly qualifies as "pretty damn permanent" to me when it's being made so easy to wait out the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragetacular View Post
    I botted in hearthstone for 500 wins.
    Got a 6 month ban. Never did it again.
    So no, people should not be permanently banned for a first offense.
    Seems legit. I'd presume all cheating scum doesn't want to get permanently banned on first offense.

Deleted
    Dudes is there no bot users here who want to have a serious discussion? Leaving it as "uh there are those dudes and... they use magic.. and they got banned lol - me better".. is just boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Dudes is there no bot users here who want to have a serious discussion? Leaving it as "uh there are those dudes and... they use magic.. and they got banned lol - me better".. is just boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Why? Most of the bots are better than the AFK kings who just stand there and press a button every now and again. I think botting is a good thing, especially when it comes to the economy because it keeps prices lower.
    Apparently you don't play rated. It's a sickening mess and quite pointless. Titles, ranks, achieves mean less than nothing, and the asshattery is rampant. You might as well go to Kharanos or Brill and gank lowbies, then try to brag that you did something.

I'll post here from a string on Blizz forums:

Posted by Angelatore

Okay, so is it just mere coincidence that you just removed WoD from the Battle.net shop and made it a part of the battle chest for a much cheaper price? Are you trying to drive product sales, because you know fullwell most of these peopel are just going to drop a simple $19.99 for WoD and get right back to what they were doing.

You banned people for 6 months (too short) and just made it cheaper for them to buy WoD and immediately install a fresh game on their Battle.net account (or a new Battl.ent account with a different email address and the same contact information).

This ban wave effectively did nothing make you more money through product sales and then push them into over drive to bot back to 100 and continue doing what they always have been.

Here's what you need to do:
    1. Permanent ban the entire Battle.net account from World of Warcraft.
    2. Permanent ban the email address(es) and contact information from the Battle.net account where action was taken.
    3. Permanent ban the payment type(s) used for World of Warcraft.
    4. Permanent ban the hardware used to connect to the Battle.net server using a hardware hash identifier created server side.

Congratulations, if you did the above you have now done something real to stop botting in your game.

For all those asking "why 6 month bans and not permabans", the Devs actually posted a long explanation for it when they did their last bot ban wave. I wish I'd bookmarked it, but I'll summerize. The key word is Recidivism.

Recidivism is one of the most fundamental concepts in criminal justice. It refers to a person's relapse into criminal behavior, often after the person receives sanctions or undergoes intervention for a previous crime.
    Consider the outcome when someone gets permabanned. According to Blizz if they buy a new account they've very like to bot again; partly because they need to catch up to what they lost, partly because the worst has already happened and all they can suffer is a second permaban on a less valuable account. By comparison, if someone suffers a temp ban, they're statistically unlikely to continue botting upon their return. Not universally, of course, but apparently a majority of players get the message after one temp ban and desist with botting rather than risk lengthier or permanent bans to their valuable main account.

So yes, some botters are botters for life, just like some people are career criminals IRL. But most will actually learn their lesson if they're not driven into a life of crime. The level of recidivism after 6 month bans is low enough that Blizzard considers them the best solution for first time offenders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I am not sure about memes, no I really think people who use them are influenced by illusions. I am vaping a lot more than this pic, I have a hat much more cool and the beard is outclassed by anything random dudes without education watch. The edited words look like frail and weak... So yes. Your clown and meme - are nothing to me and my superiority. My greatness. Fight these simple words - show me your biggest meme god, nemesis - anything will do to show me how low you are to not use words.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    For all those asking "why 6 month bans and not permabans", the Devs actually posted a long explanation for it when they did their last bot ban wave. I wish I'd bookmarked it, but I'll summerize. The key word is Recidivism.

Consider the outcome when someone gets permabanned. According to Blizz if they buy a new account they've very like to bot again; partly because they need to catch up to what they lost, partly because the worst has already happened and all they can suffer is a second permaban on a less valuable account. By comparison, if someone suffers a temp ban, they're statistically unlikely to continue botting upon their return. Not universally, of course, but apparently a majority of players get the message after one temp ban and desist with botting rather than risk lengthier or permanent bans to their valuable main account.

So yes, some botters are botters for life, just like some people are career criminals IRL. But most will actually learn their lesson if they're not driven into a life of crime. The level of recidivism after 6 month bans is low enough that Blizzard considers them the best solution for first time offenders.
    Sure while that makes some sense it isn't doing enough to stop botting in this game. It is far too easy for them to start up a new account and even cheaper than before with the addition to WoD to the battlechest. The fact that they can continue to use pets/mounts/etc from previous accounts is beyond stupid. Just 'suspend' that access until the ban is gone or just stop them from getting access to everything. There are just not enough punishments in line for stopping people that want to cheat.

By comparison, if someone suffers a temp ban, they're statistically unlikely to continue botting upon their return.
    Luckily enough developers can just made up those statistics themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    6 months is fine, if they were to remove ALL their currency
    and achievements, pvp gear, levels, ect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I am not sure about memes, no I really think people who use them are influenced by illusions. I am vaping a lot more than this pic, I have a hat much more cool and the beard is outclassed by anything random dudes without education watch. The edited words look like frail and weak... So yes. Your clown and meme - are nothing to me and my superiority. My greatness. Fight these simple words - show me your biggest meme god, nemesis - anything will do to show me how low you are to not use words.
    All that is awesome and all, but it was just a reaction. You can get all cosmic and philosophical if you want to, but sometimes a banana is just a banana and not a temporal dark matter instrument to the 11th dimension

Quote Originally Posted by shahinpb View Post
    ^ this! but you know if they get perma ban, pretty sure they are going to buy another BC and do it again since the BC price is nothing much.
    Wont find the post, but Blizzard stated that they rather not perma-ban the accounts because of this.

If the botter knows that he's going to get his account back eventually, he will hold on it and wait. If not, they just create another one every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.

Bullshit. That's PR spin. Blizz also trolls people thinking it's mere "coincidence" that they just put WoD into the battle chest as posted above and then suddenly a "BHANWAAVE!1!"

Next up: when you click to log in you'll get Rick-rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    and achievements, pvp gear, levels, ect
    And ban their access to whatever pets/mounts they have on that suspended account until the 6 months is up. Find out where they are stashing gold and remove it as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    All that is awesome and all, but it was just a reaction. You can get all cosmic and philosophical if you want to, but sometimes a banana is just a banana and not a temporal dark matter instrument to the 11th dimension
    If you would just say this and not use memes I would rate you 10000000%. And hell I agree with you!