Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    My god, I hope the OP is still a teenager...
    That's a weird thing to say, why?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I dunno. Maybe?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Yeah animu is for babbies.
    Babies who like to punch boobies. Did anyone forget that aspect of Anime? That obsession for large breasts? Not that I mind it.

Lets do a test. What makes Thomas the Tank different than typical Anime? Answer, it's a creepy face on a train. Why you think people mod this Train into games with Mods? Cause it's that disturbing. Autistic children look at both faces for different reasons. Ones cute, and ones creepy. You're going to look, no matter autistic or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Der Untergang - Large breast version > Thomas.

So, basically, if someone likes something you don't agree with/understand, the conclusion will be "because Autism"...?
    That's the gist I get from lots of people in this thread, and as someone ON the Autism spectrum, I find it pretty fucking rude. There are as many different tastes in entertainment among those with Autism as in people without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    So, basically, if someone likes something you don't agree with/understand, the conclusion will be "because Autism"...?
    That's the gist I get from lots of people in this thread, and as someone ON the Autism spectrum, I find it pretty fucking rude. There are as many different tastes in entertainment among those with Autism as in people without it.
    "No let's get autists the help they need. Without Thomas the tank engine they can't live functional lives" -OP
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    "No let's get autists the help they need. Without Thomas the tank engine they can't live functional lives" -OP
    Whats wrong with helping those with autism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thomas the Dank Engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Whats wrong with helping those with autism?
    You are infantilizing them. Not helping?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    You are infantilizing them. Not helping?
    Mental illness is not something to be taken lightly.

Mental illness is not something to be taken lightly.
    Who's to say it's not the next step in evolution and you are the one who is mentally ill?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Autism isn't a mental illness....
    Serious enough to warrant welfare from the state here, if it is not a mental illness what is it?

There are narratives just as complex as any other medium in Anime. People look at Anime as a childish cartoon thing when actually it's just another form of media used for telling stories that creators want to tell. Just like American TV has drama, anime does too. Just like American TV has annoying sitcoms and stuff, so does anime. Just like American TV has mystery, so does anime.. and so on.
    Exactly.

As with everything else, people love to form opinions and speak about shit they haven't even TRIED to understand first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's to say it's not the next step in evolution and you are the one who is mentally ill?
    Uh.

I'm not sure not being able to take care of yourself is really a step in the right direction.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    While I understand the findings in regards to something like Thomas, and I can see that applying to some of the anime aimed at young children, it certainly doesn't explain the anime aimed at teenagers and adults (no, not that kind of adult entertainment).

Much of the anime aimed at older audiences has more depth in characters and story than most American TV...and that includes some incredibly popular anime. I'm thinking about things such as Death Note, Ghost in the Shell, Wolf Children, Evangelion, Jin-Roh, Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass, Elfen Lied, Steins;Gate, etc.

Serious enough to warrant welfare from the state here, if it is not a mental illness what is it?
    It's a developmental disorder, not a mental illness.

Deleted
    Let me google that for you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+Autism%3F
    http://www.autism.org.uk/about/benefits-care.aspx

If you're autistic or you care for someone on the autism spectrum, you may be entitled to financial support in the form of social security benefits and social care support.

This section explains what different benefits may be available, all about community care services, how to appeal, and other support options such as blue badges, bus passes and Disabled Facilities Grants. You can also find advice about managing money.

When you are technically classed as disabled I would say that is a mental illness, not something to be shrugged off or taken lightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if my foot is blown off i am classified as having a mental illness?
    Foot does not equal brain or what goes on in your brain.

At least I'd hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

http://www.autism.org.uk/about/benefits-care.aspx

If you're autistic or you care for someone on the autism spectrum, you may be entitled to financial support in the form of social security benefits and social care support.

This section explains what different benefits may be available, all about community care services, how to appeal, and other support options such as blue badges, bus passes and Disabled Facilities Grants. You can also find advice about managing money.

When you are technically classed as disabled I would say that is a mental illness, not something to be shrugged off or taken lightly.
    Not shrugged off or taken lightly, but we're more helped by people with ACTUAL knowledge that won't misdiagnose us as mentally ill, when it's a developmental disorder. We're not exactly helped by people using our disorder as some internet meme either, or for trying to explain why people like different shit...

Deleted
    So if my foot is blown off i am classified as having a mental illness?

Autism is a spectrum, there are low-functioning autistic people and high-functioning ones. Not every autistic person is unable to support themselves.
    You are likely to have PTSD from it but you would also be classed as disabled, same as autism.