Poll: Casualization biggest problem for wow?

Page 43 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Not what I was thinking. Casuals shouldn't get mythic raid gear because that gear (and difficulty level) shouldn't even exist.
    I don't get the logic... what benefit does removing the most stable player base give to blizzard exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    My husband and I were just talking about this last night actually. I have voted in this poll some time ago and voted False, I did not think it was the problem. However my opinion on this has changed on this a bit. I think casual content is necessary, and I don’t think It’s the problem, I think the amount of casual content is the problem.

I honestly think MoP had the perfect mix of content. In WoD the devs listened too much to the people complaining about the time needed to do X or complete Y etc etc. Instead of attempting to balance it they went way too far one way. Now it’s boring, everything is far too easy (unless you raid of course). There needs to be a bit of both.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    My husband and I were just talking about this last night actually. I have voted in this poll some time ago and voted False, I did not think it was the problem. However my opinion on this has changed on this a bit. I think casual content is necessary, and I don’t think It’s the problem, I think the amount of casual content is the problem.

I honestly think MoP had the perfect mix of content. In WoD the devs listened too much to the people complaining about the time needed to do X or complete Y etc etc. Instead of attempting to balance it they went way too far one way. Now it’s boring, everything is far too easy (unless you raid of course). There needs to be a bit of both.
    Think you want what burning crusade was to be honest. Legion seems to be a cross between that and WoD. I just hope mythic + survives the utter bitch fit casuals are going to launch at it once they realize the grand majority of them won't be able to complete it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Baseline difficulty is the biggest problem IMO. Too easy on typical content.

Assholes are the next problem I'd want to get rid of. Vote to kick not working well, ignore not ignoring their whole account, etc.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I don't get the logic... what benefit does removing the most stable player base give to blizzard exactly?
    Difficult content has several negatives.

First, and most importantly, it degrades the ego reward for players who don't do it.

Second, it incentives content consumption at maximum rate to avoid falling behind and being excluded.

Third, it forces mechanics to be balanced around the best min maxing players, not average players.

Fourth, it warps lower level rewards so the high end players won't feel compelled to do it.

Fifth, it splits apart friends that might otherwise play together.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

First, and most importantly, it degrades the ego reward for players who don't do it.

Second, it incentives content consumption at maximum rate to avoid falling behind and being excluded.

Third, it forces mechanics to be balanced around the best min maxing players, not average players.

Fourth, it warps lower level rewards so the high end players won't feel compelled to do it.

1) those players with such weak egos will feel just as bad if they are the same as everyone else.

2) Kinda? I can vaguely see that

3)only in the highest difficulty

4) That happened once.

5)doubtful those players would just leave quicker once they beat the game.

End of the day casuals never change... They always demand what they can not have destroyed. It is only fitting they burn themselves in their own fire.
    Last edited by primalmatter; 2016-05-19 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

1) Deal with it.

2) Catchup mechanics do the same thing except 100x worse. Never finished Highmaul in time? Don't worry, you can skip right over it and never have to do it.

3) If you balance around the worst players, then for everyone else the game is too easy. Casuals aren't bad players, bad players are. Most people don't like the zergfest gameplay

4) So catchup mechanics again? Why would anyone do lower level content when you can afk in a battleground and get 700+ gear or 705 baleful? Why do you never answer this question?

5) lol
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    1) Deal with it.
    This suggestion is hilariously stupid, since the issue is one the game designers have to confront if it drives players away from the game. "Deal with it" solves the designers' problems not one iota -- GC discovered that at the start of Cataclsysm.

2) Catchup mechanics do the same thing except 100x worse. Never finished Highmaul in time? Don't worry, you can skip right over it and never have to do it.
    Except not, since without catchup mechanics people just leave.

3) If you balance around the worst players, then for everyone else the game is too easy. Casuals aren't bad players, bad players are. Most people don't like the zergfest gameplay
    You balance it around the peak (most populated part) of the player distribution, not around the best or the worst players. That could have occurred to you had you bothered to think a bit.

4) So catchup mechanics again? Why would anyone do lower level content when you can afk in a battleground and get 700+ gear or 705 baleful? Why do you never answer this question?
    I don't answer that question because it's beside the point.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Catchup mechanics probably make people leave more than anything else. Either directly or indirectly. Directly by making it feel pointless to gear up when you know it will easily be replaced next patch. Indirectly be removing content through the game by making everything before the latest patch/tier pointless.

This suggestion is hilariously stupid, since the issue is one the game designers have to confront if it drives players away from the game. "Deal with it" solves the designers' problems not one iota -- GC discovered that at the start of Cataclsysm.

Except not, since without catchup mechanics people just leave.

You balance it around the peak (most populated part) of the player distribution, not around the best or the worst players. That could have occurred to you had you bothered to think a bit.

I don't answer that question because it's beside the point.
    Why isn't deal with it not a good solution? They lost 8 million subs trying to placate those who wanted free gear.

I think they should get non raiders back into the mind set of blues are exceptional upgrades and burn lfr to the ground.

Everything you posted is nothing more then thinly disguised envy. Either for the amount of time others can play or their lack of skill compared to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Catchup mechanics probably make people leave more than anything else. Either directly or indirectly. Directly by making it feel pointless to gear up when you know it will easily be replaced next patch. Indirectly be removing content through the game by making everything before the latest patch/tier pointless.
    I would probably reverse directly/indirectly but either ways works I guess.

But yeah, I agree with you.

Catchup isin't really letting people see more content because they do it on LFR anyway, it just makes the content zergy and obsolete.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I would probably reverse directly/indirectly but either ways works I guess.

But yeah, I agree with you.

Catchup isin't really letting people see more content because they do it on LFR anyway, it just makes the content zergy and obsolete.
    LFR could have been used to allow players to progress through the tiers without the issues of being reliant on finding a gear PuG run. Make it a scenario if needed to accommodate the lower participation numbers. The whole cross realm instance queue system has a lot of uses including those to help counter the rapid content it is burdened with. If the focus is so much on ensuring players see the content and story then get them to do such. What use is it for a new player to kill the final boss if they dont even know why they are there.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Would you mind showing me all those hardcore MMOs attracting huge crowds? Oh wait...

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is, the alternative is even worse. You would force people to run through LFR (or worse, normal) from all the previous tiers to access the current tier? This was the case in early MOP, and the system was not working that well.
    EVE online still has hundreds of thousands of people that play. All on one server. Can't get any more hardcore.

True.

Every small bit of "quality of life" changes have added up over the years, creating a huge pile of problems. All these changes have changed the feeling of the game, and certainly not for the better.

Weaponskill even could have been something to work towards during this WoD drought. Even that small bit of content that got "quality of life" removed could have given us character progression.

But people don't even want character progression.

Has there been any information released regarding what type of players remains subscribing to Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Has there been any information released regarding what type of players remains subscribing to Blizzard?
    Only raid realms remain above low....

Kinda says something no?

LFR did kill most of the content for casuals to the point bads simply hijacked that groups name.

They wanted a wow where you could log on for 15 minutes and accomplish something. They got it. The player base is extremely fractured while their is more then two groups they are very few as stable or large as those
    Blizzard gave a reason for the lack of content. It's because they had to train new employees they added like 100 people to their team and teaching them the inner workings cut into content production.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda says something no?
    Or it means raiding is the only thing that didn't get totally gutted this expansions.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    Blizzard gave a reason for the lack of content. It's because they had to train new employees they added like 100 people to their team and teaching them the inner workings cut into content production.

- - - Updated - - -

Or it means raiding is the only thing that didn't get totally gutted this expansions.
    That was MoP...

As for the content... casuals got what they asked for... just not what they wanted.

Casuals are kind of a warped amalgamation of a bunch of dead play styles at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    Casual has meant bad players since Wrath they took the title live with it and move on.
    It doesn't unless you just like blanket statements. I play casually and have cleared high-end content and played arena at a high level. Casual doesn't mean bad just lack of time or playing for fun instead of trying to burn through content as fast as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

That was MoP...

As for the content... casuals got what they asked for... just not what they wanted.

Casuals are kind of a warped amalgamation of a bunch of dead play styles at this point.
    No, they lost a ton of content and got it replaces with garbage. That comment was about wod not mist because that expansion had a ton to do when compared to warlord's.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-05-20 at 05:01 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

7+ Year Old Account

Kinda says something no?
    It only really says "raids -require- grouping pools of players"
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.