Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Have WoW players become too volatile?
    Not at all. Blizzard is making a big song and dance about their Beta programs, and part of that is feedback from players.

People will make their point in whichever way they think is best, and that's not always going to make for a great read. Sometimes people don't see the big picture, or sometimes they are unaware of how unbalanced their favourite ability was. But in other cases they are giving voice to concerns shared by many people who - as has been pointed out - just leave. And leave they did; by the millions!

Whatever the merits of the complaints, these people are all concerned about and invested in the World of Warcraft and want to see it do well.

Blizzard could be far more active in these discussions to explain their thinking and engage with the concerns that people put forward.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Or are the devs just extremely out of touch these days?
    No, but the current development team is not making the game for the same kind of player that the original team made the game for.

However, there is still a sizeable group 'from the old days' around who are protesting this obvious change, perhaps against their better judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    theres a big difference between a small vocal minority and the huge silent majority.
    The difference being that we can read and hear what the vocal minority has to say about this or that, but that nobody knows what the silent majority wants or thinks.

Other than the fact that millions of former WoD-subscribers have left the game, of course.
    Last edited by mmocc94fac7b8d; 2016-05-19 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    If you "pay" for something a whole year, and they release no additional content, then i would get mad to.
    At yourself, yes.

Deleted
    I wouldnt say this is WoW, this is the entire world.

With the advent of extreme exposure via online social media people have taken to making their opinions more extreme in an effort to get noticed. Kind of a sad trend, we're ever tilting towards social extremism where those who wish to express a moderate opinion are being drowned out by those who turn it up to 11. Add in buzzwords to get the juices flowing the entire populace of the planet has become some disgusting social media machine.

Deleted
    I wouldn't even say "became". But perhaps, gradually, it has turned into the madly screaming crowd with bloodshot eyes that defend their opinion while foaming at the mouth that it is now from the constructive mead and rainbow pouring individuals they were. I might have been around too long to notice that because personally apart from the things that get shouted about I don't see any increase/decrease in the ever pouring shitstorm whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Or you could just quit and move on and leave the people that still enjoy the game alone without the endless moaning and whining to get the game to your liking.
    You are one person in millions.
    Yeah, sure. 5 millions already did, do you like the game more now?

Also: adult people and those who are not sworn to always defend Blizzard no matter the case is, actually know the difference between feedback and whining. Feedback is important. Whining is not. Ignoring feedback is the very reason why whining appears. For example: the whining you'll inevitably see in Legion's prepatch will be a direct consequences of Blizzard not listening to alpha/beta players' feedback.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-19 at 11:49 AM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure seems like it to me. Even MoP didn't have this much bitching, and most of that revolved around "lolpandas" or the over the top amount of daily quests.

I came back to have something to do and have fun, not ruin another mediocre but functional interest/hobby of mine by constant bitching like I did with The Legend of Korra, so I'm trying to be more positive. As long as I stay away from WoD low-level PvE content, it seems to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Yeah, sure. 5 millions already did, do you like the game more now?

Also: adult people and those who are not sworn to always defend Blizzard no matter the case is, actually know the difference between feedback and whining. Feedback is important. Whining is not. Ignoring feedback is the very reason why whining appears. For example: the whining you'll inevitably see in Legion's prepatch will be a direct consequences of Blizzard not listening to alpha/beta players' feedback.
    I don't know, I quit wow months ago because the MMO genre in general is not how I like to play games at the moment.
    That being said, I don't feel the need to shit all over games like you are doing just because I don't like it.
    I am grown up enough to understand that a game is made with millions of people in mind, not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I think it's a generational issue. Most of the people playing WoW today aren't the same as 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. The second generation of wow-players are way more vocal than the first generation.
    The vast majority of my post count exists only because I want to talk about Legacy. I would never have bothered posting on forums (and probably will stop posting once finality comes to the legacy discussion). Previously I more or less trusted Blizzard to change the game how they want. Perhaps I should have spoken up earlier?

I think the shift of power towards the consumer is responsible for the current climate. It's actually across a lot of different industries that the consumers voice is very loud and has real impact.

Globalisation and the proliferation of access/use to the internet have been significant contributing factors to this. People can now play games on multiple different platforms and our entertainment appetite has changed a lot too. We're much more critical overall, because the standard of the industry has increased so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's always been jerks. Maybe you're just noticing them more now.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of WoW players are justifiably angry at being financially and/or emotionally invested in a game they love built by a dev team that doesn't respect them or their intelligence.

The game they love, in its heyday developed by far more talented people, is being systemically eviscerated and defined more by what they lose or at best miss out on than gain.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    What an interesting post I seemed to Stumble upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    A lot of WoW players are justifiably angry at being financially and/or emotionally invested in a game they love built by a dev team that doesn't respect them or their intelligence.

The game they love, in its heyday developed by far more talented people, is being systemically eviscerated and defined more by what they lose or at best miss out on than gain.
    I find it funny from those who will constantly claim to not be taking the game seriously while their behavior shows the opposite.