Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    6 months is fine, if they were to remove ALL their currency
    They remove ALL gold and honor/conquest. Atleast they did before, had a friend that got banned a year ago, when he came back he had zero gold.

I honestly don't get how someone can have so low morals. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny that they did it during a content drought, though I guess they will miss the start of Legion. Should have done it right before the pre-patch for maximum effect.

I have to wonder how long it'll take for honorbuddy to get shut down permanently. I don't know who would actually buy a license to use that bot as it definitely seems to be detected and have massive banwaves against it every few months :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone want to bot a dead game...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    They remove ALL gold and honor/conquest. Atleast they did before, had a friend that got banned a year ago, when he came back he had zero gold.

I honestly don't get how someone can have so low morals. Aren't you ashamed of yourself?
    It's just a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Warden runs when you launch the battle.net client and constantly while playing WoW. It's like an antivirus client. It even takes partial snapshots of other processes and scans them. If a player logs in with say Honor Buddy running for 10 minutes they may not be banned that day but they will surely get banned during the next wave.

Captcha is a terrible idea. It's one of the most inconvenient technologies out there. Besides you can use OCR to record the prompts and build it into the bot's responses. That's how they defeat it on websites.
    But this isn't a website. Scripting something online is whatever. But in game you'd need an unlocker, which is also illegal. Either way, we lose, you win. And I know how Warden works but thanks for the lesson? >.<

This being said, warden isn't like an anti-virus. It ACTS like a partial anti virus, only scanning several hundred thousand PC's at a time. It doesn't run on a single players process 100% of the time or we'd feel it. Hell, people who used HB 2 weeks ago aren't banned, why would they hold off on them? Only 1 possible explanation: Warden wasn't scanning their process at the time of their botting session.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    It's just a game.
    Yeah, and? Because it's a game, morals shouldn't apply? It's just a <insert word here> can be used about everything.
    Beat up someone. Cmon bro, it's just a broken jaw.

Deleted
    Longer, permanent, not enough, missing legion? I dislike bot software and I think it is real cancer especially in pvp, but lets be real. Wow account can be replaced daily.. something else needs to be done, banning 6 month or permanent doesn't stop acting on same behavior again. I really would love to see this nonsense disappearing from game so people can enjoy bg and arena again.

This fits the situation perfect lol

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Exactly. We all know that PvP bots at the high levels don't really exist. That's just a bunch of people butthurt because someone interrupted them. Bots in "casual" pvp is a bit of a problem because they can actually hurt other players but bots that farm? They help the economy by keeping low prices. At the moment, on one of my servers I play on there is a trade argument about "duping" items that all started because some guy undercut some other guy in trade. That other guy got butthurt and is making false accusations because he wants more gold for his item. This is the type of scourge on realms that need to be combated and the best way to do that is with farming bots.
    Woah woah woah slow down there. High level bot interrupting is very much a thing. So don't just try and handwave that away.

And sorry I don't need 'help with the economy' thanks to Bot-Kun and his army of mining bots. Maybe if bots weren't around normal people could enjoy farming ore and selling it for reasonable gold. Bots are not 'helping' the economy, they ruin many markets and take away enjoyment from other players. I used to have some friends who enjoyed combating each other in the AH. When bots came in auto-reposting items over and over and ruining markets they got bored with trying to fight an automated program and quit. That is bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post

But they don't do a good job of cleaning out items that can be turned around and sold for gold.

I think it should be extended beyond just the game licence. Those using alt accounts for botting on their battle.net just keep on going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there goes another half a million subs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ banned in the middle of a game not botting bot not even on.

That is funny actually.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    They can just buy a movie ticket, get a free account and get right back to botting.
    That's quite a punishment though... luckily you don't have to suffer through the movie.

On topic: They should ban the Battle Net account. It's silly that Overwatch has zero tolerance policy and WoW has 'slap on the wrist' policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Looks like another ban wave for bots just happened.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744124429

Unfortunately it's mostly just 6 month bans again. Should botters be punished harder, or is 6 months enough?
    Ah... yes, clean out the trash..

Think it should just be perma right away, but wouldn't be fair.

6 months, then a year, then shutdown.. How I wish it was..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    In potentially related news, horde is back to getting stomped in bgs again after a period where it hasn't been that bad. Sharp change today.
    Stomped? Hmm.. I guess your battleground maybe, not really here. The wins are quite close to 50/50..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tinybaby View Post
    This fits the situation perfect lol
    Quoted just because it gave me such a good laugh!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Why would anyone want to bot a dead game...

- - - Updated - - -

It's just a game.
    Question is more, why the hell would people bot A game in general..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    What? Bots getting achieves and ranks? I place that squarely on how shit PvP players are. Have a cry. If you can't outsmart someone who has the intelligence of a microwave that's on you. PvP is irrelevant anyway, it's just a mini-game until raid times are up. It's more important that botters be allowed to farm to keep prices down.
    That is a negative. Prices can easily be fair without botting, especially with WoD where everyone has access to an income.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    But then Overwatch bans are permanent, /shrug.

Sadly two popular pay-cheats, which I wont mention the names of obviously, don't appear to have been included in this ban.
    I LOOOOOOVE THE OVERWATCH VERDICT!

You botted!? Hey, guys what.. The game you purchased... IS NOW INVALID YOU F****R!

But please, you're welcome to purchase another game. *snickers*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Not sure where you got this info, ive not seen any bans in the last few years lifted or revoked in any ways. Have many friends who had those same bans and nothing was removed. would love to see some proof of that statement.
    I believe it was last year when a bunch of WoW botters got banned it only lasted for a short time. For whatever reason Blizzard revoked their bans and basically gave them all one more chance. Which is just stupid. Honestly so is six month bans. If you bot you should be permanently removed from the game. That or Blizzard should just say it's legal and let everyone do it. Because being decriminalized so to speak like it is now is really dumb. It's just another example of the new Blizzard versus old Blizzard.

It used to be they said they had zero tolerance for botters of any kind. Now it's a timeout if you bot. It's like how they also swore they'd never ever sell instant max level characters and yet lo and behold. I'm not even saying that part is good or bad. Just an example of how they've changed stances on things that make them money over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I like how some guy on here is defending bots by saying they keep AH prices low so thus they're good for the game. Fuck that idea. Gathering profs used to be a great money making profession. In vanilla many of us got rich by selling mats such as Arcanite crystals/bars. So having bots lower the prices is not a good thing. That's seriously the dumbest excuse for botting I've ever heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    "not botting at the time bot not even ON"
    I chuckled.
    People are so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric The Midget View Post
    I believe it was last year when a bunch of WoW botters got banned it only lasted for a short time. For whatever reason Blizzard revoked their bans and basically gave them all one more chance. Which is just stupid. Honestly so is six month bans. If you bot you should be permanently removed from the game. That or Blizzard should just say it's legal and let everyone do it. Because being decriminalized so to speak like it is now is really dumb. It's just another example of the new Blizzard versus old Blizzard.

It used to be they said they had zero tolerance for botters of any kind. Now it's a timeout if you bot. It's like how they also swore they'd never ever sell instant max level characters and yet lo and behold. I'm not even saying that part is good or bad. Just an example of how they've changed stances on things that make them money over the years.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I like how some guy on here is defending bots by saying they keep AH prices low so thus they're good for the game. Fuck that idea. Gathering profs used to be a great money making profession. In vanilla many of us got rich by selling mats such as Arcanite crystals/bars. So having bots lower the prices is not a good thing. That's seriously the dumbest excuse for botting I've ever heard.
    One of the short ban waves last year was for the bot that auto used abilities. Mostly PVPers got perma bans while PVEers got short suspensions many in the one month range. Bunch of biased BS. That sums up a lot of Blizzards moderation actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    First time should get your bnet account banned and all games with it. 6 months? What a joke.

You must be a terrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    "not botting at the time bot not even ON"
    I chuckled.
    People are so dumb.
    I got arrested and I wasn't even, like....murdering anybody at the time!

Why do people get upset when they get a ban for doing something against the rules? It's like "OMG WHY ARE YOU ARRESTING ME I JUST BROKE IN AND STOLE A PAIR OF SHOES"