Trying to buy a new gaming tv

Trying to decide between the Vizeo VIZIO E500i-B1 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED HDTV or the The Sony KDL50W800B both seem to be good. im not looking to get into 4k yet. This tv is for bedroom. My main tv will be a 4k curved tv. Has anyone used the tv's above and what would you recommend for ps4/x1 gameing?

Thanks everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Why bother with a smart TV if its for gaming?

Consoles can do the same thing a smart tv can do.

Assuming "smarts" isn't standard now, I don't know I haven't bought a TV in awhile.

Vizios are always nice, that model is mid-low end just in case you're some sort of TV enthusiast. Its fine for most people.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Its for the bedroom and the wife wants it to be a smart tv. I explained console does same thing but she still wants it. Most tv's anyway tend to be smart tv's.

iv been doing research online and came accross this article www.puregaming.net/best-gaming-tv/. it helped narrow my choices down based on budget and needs.

I thought about this one as well VIZIO M50-C1 50. does 4k so its a little more expensive im just not sure i want to jump on that 4 k train for a bedroom tv.

Its for the bedroom and the wife wants it to be a smart tv. I explained console does same thing but she still wants it. Most tv's anyway tend to be smart tv's.
    Dont comprise becuase shes being stubborn or stupid. Tell her its going to be that way and thats it. Its 100% pointless to get a smart tv if your going to have a console plugged in and its just wasting extra money.

I thought about this one as well VIZIO M50-C1 50. does 4k so its a little more expensive im just not sure i want to jump on that 4 k train for a bedroom tv.
    I wouldnt reccomend 4k for tv gaming regardless of what room. Really your best bet is to hit the local stores, best buy ect and check what they have for sale and then check the reviews online for the models. Check the corners on the display models. Dark in the corner is cheapish tv. Dont buy it online incase of stuck pixel or something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Dont comprise becuase shes being stubborn or stupid. Tell her its going to be that way and thats it.
    The foundation of a happy marriage right there.

Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Contrary to store clerks after a commission that will spin any old bollocks the only thing you need to consider when buying a tv for videogames is input latency. http://www.displaylag.com/

just find a smart tv listed with good input latency values. Simple.

I'd go with Sony, but I may or may not be biased :P

as for smart TV vs console... are you going to get an extra console specifically for the bedroom? move it there from your main TV? might as well just get a smart TV and call it a day. honestly I don't think new TV's even come in non smart variety anymore.

Dont comprise becuase shes being stubborn or stupid. Tell her its going to be that way and thats it.
    LMAO, someone is clearly not married. A few more hundred bucks is worth far less then a happy wife kiddo.

This is entirely besides the point that most of the best models that came out in the past year are going to have forced smart technology in them.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-05-19 at 06:32 PM.

I'd recommend LG TV's

LMAO, someone is clearly not married. A few more hundred bucks is worth far less then a happy wife kiddo.
    If he doesnt nip this kind of argumentation from his wife in the bud she will turn into this woman latter in life.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Kgb24

If he doesnt nip this kind of argumentation from his wife in the bud she will turn into this woman latter in life.

Dude its called compromise. It is very obvious you aren't married and I hope you go through some growing up before getting serious

OT - I prefer Vizio. I bought one for my main living room and my wife loves it. Its been through a few moves and has been a very solid TV. Maybe that's not true of all Vizio's but it is for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post
    Dude its called compromise. It is very obvious you aren't married and I hope you go through some growing up before getting serious

OT - I prefer Vizio. I bought one for my main living room and my wife loves it. Its been through a few moves and has been a very solid TV. Maybe that's not true of all Vizio's but it is for mine.
    Seems like a stupid compromise regardless. Just because your married doesnt mean you should do redundant shit becuase she doesnt want to listen. My mom had a horrible roku box that was laggy as shit and just a general pain in the ass untill i convinced her to get a cheap used ps3 for the same price as a new roku box and it plays bluerays and doesnt have a horrible ui.

Seems like a stupid compromise regardless. Just because your married doesnt mean you should do redundant shit becuase she doesnt want to listen. My mom had a horrible roku box that was laggy as shit and just a general pain in the ass untill i convinced her to get a cheap used ps3 for the same price as a new roku box and it plays bluerays and doesnt have a horrible ui.
    It's not a stupid compromise. It's called not trying to one up your wife and make her look stupid just because your idea is slightly better. Clearly you're not very popular with the ladies if you don't already understand this. Happy wife = happy life. Proving her wrong is not going to make her happy. It's not thousands of dollar decision here, smart TVs barely cost anymore then non smarts of the same quality. There is literally no need for you to try to give some bullshit advice to a couple when you clearly don't even understand the basic concepts of trying to keep a woman you fancy happy.

In case you don't realize, when you finally do attract a woman and fall for her she is not going to be perfect. She is at times going to say and do stupid shit much like you say and do stupid shit. Humans are not perfect. You shouldn't take every opportunity you can to point these moments out for her or you'll be single again pretty fast. It's not like this is some life changing decision here, you're literally advocating a guy make his wife look stupid to save a few hundred dollars. Thinking about it, you're the one sounding pretty silly here...

The Sony KDL50W800B. I think it is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's not a stupid compromise. It's called not trying to one up your wife and make her look stupid just because your idea is slightly better. Clearly you're not very popular with the ladies if you don't already understand this. Happy wife = happy life. Proving her wrong is not going to make her happy. It's not thousands of dollar decision here, smart TVs barely cost anymore then non smarts of the same quality. There is literally no need for you to try to give some bullshit advice to a couple when you clearly don't even understand the basic concepts of trying to keep a woman you fancy happy.

In case you don't realize, when you finally do attract a woman and fall for her she is not going to be perfect. She is at times going to say and do stupid shit much like you say and do stupid shit. Humans are not perfect. You shouldn't take every opportunity you can to point these moments out for her or you'll be single again pretty fast. It's not like this is some life changing decision here, you're literally advocating a guy make his wife look stupid to save a few hundred dollars. Thinking about it, you're the one sounding pretty silly here...
    Ah yes, the personal attacks on how im not popular with the ladies becuase i dont think he should comprimise on a stupid demand by his wife. Sorry that i dont think bending over to do redunant shit becuase his wife cant understand some very basic shit. If your in a relationship where your wife is going to leave you becuase you refused to buy a smart tv when the tv would have a modern console hooked up 24/7 to it then maby your better off not being with someone so dense. So do please keep appeasing stupid females in exchange for sex and ill keep leading my happy life. If you want to throw in some more insults feel free im sure you can come up with a few more to toss around.

Ah yes, the personal attacks on how im not popular with the ladies becuase i dont think he should comprimise on a stupid demand by his wife. Sorry that i dont think bending over to do redunant shit becuase his wife cant understand some very basic shit. If your in a relationship where your wife is going to leave you becuase you refused to buy a smart tv when the tv would have a modern console hooked up 24/7 to it then maby your better off not being with someone so dense. So do please keep appeasing stupid females in exchange for sex and ill keep leading my happy life. If you want to throw in some more insults feel free im sure you can come up with a few more to toss around.
    It's not called your wife leaving you. It's called not wanting to piss off your wife over something that is basically irrelevant. Find me a top of the line TV model made in the last year that is not a smart TV. Go for it, then when you do find a smart TV of comparable quality and compare the price. Hint: It won't be much different.

But hey, it's clearly obvious I hit a nerve with you. One day when you actually want to "make compromises" you will have a relationship. You realize that is what relationships are built on right? The fact you can't comprehend making a simple one is truly mind boggling. But hey it's just about having sex right , funny pretty sure if I only cared about having sex I would have never married period.

That's the type of woman you may end up with since no worthwhile woman would put up with the attitude you've expressed in your previous (and even later) responses. I can agree with standing your ground, but knowing how to pick your battles is more important.

Standing against everything she says because you think you have a better opinion will get you a first-class one way ticket on the jack-handy train.

Edit: @OP... to keep it on topic, I'm not a big fan of Vizio. I've always thought their stuff was of lower quality, although more affordable.
    Last edited by DriftChicken; 2016-05-20 at 05:28 PM.

Well if you actually care about getting a good gaming monitor for console

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-RL2455HM-...gaming+monitor

Reason being that having a good response time, in this case 1ms GTG, is the most important aspect. You don't need anything higher refresh rate wise because your console isn't going to do more than 60FPS. Now if you don't care about all of that and just want some giant 50 inch TV it will be laggy no matter what you do so really just look for something with a picture quality that you actually enjoy. The response time will be garbage no matter what you do at that size but trying to find the lowest one might help a little bit. You'll see stuff like "It got a very low input lag of 17.7 ms" which is hilariously high for anything gaming related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bachelor confirmed.

i've been really happy with my vizeo 55" 4k tv.